How Far Could / Would You Go to Make People Believe Your Ideology? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How Far Could / Would You Go to Make People Believe Your Ideology?

1. I would happily flay the fucker alive and wear his skin for a hat.
5%
2. I might beat him up a bit, but I would stop short of mutilation. If that was not enough to persuade him then indefinite detention.
No votes
0%
3. I would treat him humanely but detain him indefinitely.
5%
4. I would treat him humanely and let him go after a bit even if he did not consent to believe.
10%
5. I would do nothing to him.
50%
6. Other
30%
In this age when political correctness is emerging as a new religion with its own heresies and orthodoxies, a sort of sequel to Marxism, I find myself wondering if the proponents of political correctness could or would go as far as adherents of Marxism did to enforce submission to their beliefs. Honestly I do not think most of you have it in you for inflicting actual physical torture on people who stubbornly refuse to believe. Assuming you had someone who did not believe in your infinite gender theory (or whatever else) completely at your mercy and had zero expectation of human rights trials or equivalents to face afterwards. What would / could you really do to make that person submit to your beliefs?
Other
I would treat him or her so well, that they'd beg to be a part of my ideology. :D

I wouldn't force my ideology on anyone. I am a Liberal(classic).

It's next to impossible to make someone truly believe, unless they are open to the idea, and willing.
#6 I would be the best example of my ideology/political philosophy and if they were interested I would explain it to them.

The love you share and do unto others is more convincing than some violent or imposed thing.

If you got to use force to convince or coerce people you probably aren't convincing them with your actions in gov't or any form of service to the public anyway.

The ones who are the most incompetent and cynical usually got to use the most force to 'persuade' the skeptics in a society.

If you stop being some control freak an use old fashioned methods like working hard, solving problems, taking care of people and being a source of help in times of need consistently, being respectful and kind and caring and hard working and responsible and knowing how to explain the reasons why you use a certain system or a method in doing things? Educating people and organizing them in great ways to cooperate for the good of the whole?

You don't need the other forms.

Get the people with the brightest minds and the kindest natures and best ethics working for your political column and you will do well.
How about I wouldn't anything myself but I would be an apologist for the government where I live, which protects my privileged wealthy lifestyle with this:
Among those who disappeared:

Somchai Neelapaijit, human rights attorney who championed the rights of Thai-Malay Muslims in the deep south. He was abducted and killed in 2004 during the Thaksin Shinawatra administration. His body was never found and no one has been punished.[51][52]
Porlajee "Billy" Rakchongcharoen, Karen-ethnic activist[51]
Den Khamlae, villager-turned-activist[53][54]
On 22 June 2016, an anti-monarchist in Laos, Itthipol Sukpan, a 28-year-old pro-democracy broadcaster known as DJ Zunho, was snatched by unknown assailants and pulled into the woods. He was never seen again.[55][56]
Wuthipong Kachathamakul, also known as Ko Tee, red shirt activist, disappeared in July 2017.[57][55][56]

Surachai Danwattananusorn, also known as Surachai Sae Dan, a radical red shirt and critic of the monarchy, together with two aides, Chatchan "Phoo Chana" Boonphawal and Kraidet "Kasalong" Luelert.[58][55][59] Surachai's family, a year after his disappearance, is still being held liable for 450,000 baht in bail bond fees by the Thai courts system.[60] As of 2019, the Thai police still consider Surachai a "missing person". They have failed to make progress on the case and the Thai government "...seems to have ignored these cases,..."[50]

Siam Theerawut, Chucheep Chivasut, and Kritsana Thapthai, three Thai anti-monarchy activists, went missing on 8 May 2019 when they are thought to have been extradited to Thailand from Vietnam after they attempted to enter the country with counterfeit Indonesian passports. The trio are wanted in Thailand for insulting the monarchy and failing to report when summoned by the junta after the May 2014 coup.[61][62] Their disappearance prompted an "alert statement" from the Thai Alliance for Human Rights.[63]
Od Sayavongm, a Lao refugee and critic of the Laotian government, disappeared from his Bangkok home on 26 August 2019 and has not been seen since.[49]

According to the legal assistance group, Thai Lawyers for Human Rights, at least 86 Thais left Thailand seeking asylum abroad following the military takeover in May 2014. Among them are the five members of the Thai band Fai Yen. Their music is their crime, as some of their songs mock the monarchy, a serious offense in Thailand. The band, whose name means 'cool fire', announced on social media that its members feared for their lives after "many trusted people told us that the Thai military will come to kill us."[64][65] In August 2019 Fai Yen band members were admitted to France to seek refugee status.[66] All of those who disappeared in late-2018 and early-2019 were accused by Thai authorities of anti-monarchical activity.[67]
Assaults on activists

Since 2018, there have been 11 physical assaults on political activists in Thailand. Police investigations of the assaults have shown no progress.[68]

Regime critic Ekachai Hongkangwarn has been assaulted seven times[69] since 2017.[70] Attacks have targeted his property and his person.[71][72] The latest assault took place in May 2019, when he was beaten by four attackers in front of a court building. Authorities appear powerless to stop the attacks. One culprit was arrested in 2018, paid a fine, and was released.[73]

On 28 June 2019, anti-junta activist Sirawith "Ja New" Seritiwat was attacked by four assailants wielding baseball bats on a busy Bangkok thoroughfare. Earlier in June, Sirawith was attacked by five men when traveling home from a political event. In the case of the latest attack, the deputy prime minister broke the government's silence on political attacks and ordered the police to act swiftly to find the attackers.[74]

But at the same time I would be the most virtuous opponent of Donald Trump, holding him to account for the slightest sign of authoritarian government, real or imagined.

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]

It is also speculation to say these humanitarian w[…]