Did you catch the coronavirus? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Did you catch the coronavirus?

Yes
4%
No
48%
Possibly/Not sure/Awaiting test results
35%
Other
13%
foxdemon wrote:As with the face mask shortage, they resort to blaming the public for using limited supplies when it was their lack of preparedness that lead to these logistical shortages.

To be fair the vast number of Chinese and Hongkongers (yes, we Hongkongers are equally complicit if not more) being financially able and medically alerted to procure face mask ensures the said shortage. No country can be prepared when a country of 1.4 billion initiates a wave of procurement of this scale, and on almost every part of the world.

Now we all have to produce face masks ourselves. As my father put it, "it has become a strategical resource".
colliric wrote:China covered up another SARS Virus outbreak all over again, and the doctor that whistleblowed died yet again.

Officially, he died of the virus. :lol: I'm sure that's true. The CCP wouldn't lie to us now would they? He got coronavirus!

Patrickov wrote:To be fair the vast number of Chinese and Hongkongers (yes, we Hongkongers are equally complicit if not more) being financially able and medically alerted to procure face mask ensures the said shortage. No country can be prepared when a country of 1.4 billion initiates a wave of procurement of this scale, and on almost every part of the world.

Now we all have to produce face masks ourselves. As my father put it, "it has become a strategical resource".

One might also point out that the shortage of masks in Australia is due to many being used in the recent bushfires. But that is beside the point. The government and the media should be honest and admit that rather than blaming the public. If they claim the power to make the choices, then they must accept the responsibility for those choices.

So too with virus tests. If they failed to respond fast enough, it is not the public’s fault when shortages of tests occur. This is made worse by the fact that there is no restriction on tests for politicians or celebrities. And they get their test results back same day in many cases. When they say “save tests for those that really need it” they are saying save resources for the elite. Trying to guilt trip the public for using a test kit up to preserve stocks for themselves is not a god look. @Saeko the Canadian gov has used the same line. Nobody really needs tests as tests don’t cure people. Tests provide information. Saving tests for those hat really need them is a lame excuse for logistical failures.

As @ness31 points out, the ones really let down here are medial personal. They are really the ones in most need of these resources. Surely I am not asking too much in expecting Australia’s political and cultural elites to accept responsibility and show leadership by forgoing tests and masks to save for medical personnel, instead of using themselves and berating the public for doing likewise. Effectively they are asking medical personnel to risk their lives unnecessarily while protecting themselves from criticism.

Alternatively, they can get their acts together and learn for S Korea, SG and Taiwan. Taiwan closed the boarders, banned mask export, rationed masks, and increased domestic production. Australia can’t even produce masks or test kits. So clearly a national leader worthy of the name would set themselves about the task of remedying this shortfall that has resulted from too many years of bean counting.

Other examples are lack of preparedness for disasters such as the recent bushfires and the coming soon cyclones reaching farther south than historically the case. Also the lack of a national oil reserve, despite signing international agreements to establish such. And the lack of supplies, etc in case of war. They know about all this but don’t want to commit resources when he problems may well occur in a future government’s time and so not be their problem. In a way it serves Morrison right for not planning ahead. It is just a pity more of his class and his colleagues also suffer the consequences of their miserliness.
@foxdemon, the only way to stop the pandemic is by contact tracing and testing. Without that, lockdowns will spread the virus by enclosing healthy people together with infected people so that everybody will get infected in the end. That's what happened in Medieval cities under lockdown during the plague. In the end everybody got it, except for those who escaped the lockdown. With the coronavirus it's even worse since many infected don't have symptoms. With the plague it's easy to recognize symptoms. The endgame of the herd-immunity theorists is that everybody has to get infected and that we isolate people with chronic diseases and the elderly for a while (until they get infected too).

The Chinese have bought up all masks worldwide since January, while Western government believed it didn't concern them. A prominent Italian politician even said that it couldn't happen in Italy because Chinese have filthy habits.

I haven't been able to buy any masks in Portugal since January. Restaurant staff in China have better protective clothing than medial workers in many European hospitals. Since our leaders failed to prepare, they told us that wearing a mask is useless or even dangerous. That amounts to criminal neglect since many people will die due to the wrong advise.
colliric wrote:P.S. IT'S RACIST TO CALL SARS 2 THE CHINESE VIRUS! So stop doing it! Pay no attention to the Winnie the Pooh wining and dining us behind the curtain!

Xi Jinping and his comrades need to suck it up. No one complained about terms like ''German measles'' or ''Spanish flu''.

The term ''German measles'' doesn't make me hate the German people. The only thing about Germany that angers me is that they never returned my grandpa's bike.
Atlantis wrote:Since our leaders failed to prepare, they told us that wearing a mask is useless or even dangerous. That amounts to criminal neglect since many people will die due to the wrong advise.

Our leaders have been aware that "Covid-19" is in fact the second outbreak of the SARS virus secretly for quite some time, and yes Masks are indeed mostly useless(they help a little, but are mostly a placebo since it's not a very effective airborne virus). It's primary transmission is surface/touch based transmission or someone coughing or sneezing directly on you(you guessed it, less than a metre or so away from your face). It can more rarely also transmit though your faeces, so avoid leaky sewerage pipes and smelly leaky toilets(so rare though that they don't need to put it on the info posters... On second thought maybe this is the reason Chinese shoppers went batshit about Toilet Paper setting the "bad example" for the rest of us? Maybe they remember this fact, lol!).

That's why they're giving you that advice, so long as everyone sticks to traditional good coughing and sneezing etiquette, and maintain distance, you don't really need a mask.

It's not the wrong advice. It's based on the data and analysis from the 2003-04 outbreak of the Virus original discovered strain.

But they don't want to tell you jack shit about what Virus this actually is, when they already know which exact Coronavirus it bloody well is. So they're calling it "Corvid-19" when it's actually the second discovered strain of SARS. Their advice makes sense in light of having that very very important information.

The mask might help you if someone infected straight up comes up and coughs, spits, sneezes directly in your face, but otherwise no, not really.
Last edited by colliric on 21 Mar 2020 11:32, edited 4 times in total.
Patrickov wrote:I somehow believes the alternative promoters are equally bad if not worse.

I decide to follow neither.

Look, I'm trying to remain calm and understand where they want to take us. I never said that the virus is not real or that I'm not being a bit cautious, but clearly there's more at play here. Wouldn't you agree? Who is going to benefit from this crisis? That's what I mostly want to talk about. People shouldn't just watch their health. Pay attention to what the elite wants out of this crisis. This is already a bigger event than 9/11, and I don't think I have to remind people what has been done since 9/11.

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.” ― Rahm Emanuel
Code Rood wrote:Pay attention to what the elite wants out of this crisis.

Since this seems to be a discussion of conspiracy theories I will share some speculations I have heard today. It is verbal so I cannot find a link to prove it.

The said speculation is that the real purpose of the Western elite is to incite anti-Chinese / anti-Asian sentiment, and ultimately expel Chinese influence from their countries.

Although I would say the Western elites made a rather large gamble if this is true, since many among themselves are also dying.
ness31 wrote:cashless society. Numero Uno. Because cash spreads disease.

China has already advanced far in going cashless. Counterfeiting is so rampant there that the people there found going cashless extremely convenient and secure.

Doesn't stop them from contacting the disease en masse though.
Hopefully we won’t all lose our heads, because a cashless society would truly make me feel like I have a boot in my face.
ness31 wrote:they aren’t very cloak and dagger. It’s been obvious for aaaages.

If it is obvious and people find it beneficial (or even aware of whatever adverse effect) then who are we to judge?

IMHO the only reason that I should feel contempt of consipracies, if proven true, is that I am not the master myself.
Patrickov, you may not be terribly phased about being tracked everywhere you go, or not mind being given a social credit rating based on how much booze you buy in a week, or indeed if you frequent hookers..but a cashless society is the final layer of control over people. Don’t play ball, we will cut off your money supply.
Patrickov wrote:Since this seems to be a discussion of conspiracy theories I will share some speculations I have heard today. It is verbal so I cannot find a link to prove it.

The said speculation is that the real purpose of the Western elite is to incite anti-Chinese / anti-Asian sentiment, and ultimately expel Chinese influence from their countries.

Although I would say the Western elites made a rather large gamble if this is true, since many among themselves are also dying.

The West has been infiltrated by former Trotskyites and is now being eaten from the inside out. The international elite is a better description. Many of them sit in DC as of now, but they could have sat anywhere. They feel at home everywhere and nowhere. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they work with the CCP behind the scenes, as is evidenced by Western secrets and high-tech being sold to them, often via our ''greatest ally'' Israel.
ness31 wrote:Patrickov, you may not be terribly phased about being tracked everywhere you go, or not mind being given a social credit rating based on how much booze you buy in a week, or indeed if you frequent hookers..but a cashless society is the final layer of control over people. Don’t play ball, we will cut off your money supply.

In that case check and balance is important, and China is lacking that. I have already stated very clear my contempt of the rise of China, resulting in many members condemning me of being a self-hating Chinese and right wing. I do not think I need to repeat my view any more.

Code Rood wrote:The West has been infiltrated by former Trotskyites and is now being eaten from the inside out. The international elite is a better description. Many of them sit in DC as of now, but they could have sat anywhere. They feel at home everywhere and nowhere. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they work with the CCP behind the scenes, as is evidenced by Western secrets and high-tech being sold to them, often via our ''greatest ally'' Israel.

Sorry for being a bit dismissive in my previous post.

What I really should say is that, I have heard enough of these that I think giving an antidote / alternative is much more important.
I’ve always considered the Chinese to be benign. But their sheer numbers and inexperience with the concept of the ‘individual’ makes me very sad. As an individual who respects the society in which they live, I find that whole communist thing a bit of a retrograde step socially. Why can’t they all just be better individual people? It’s quality, not quantity.

Polls are inherently biased against the independe[…]

The bill is problematic. I find it unbelievable […]

they want to hire more 'people of color [sic] ' […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

People who are mad at Nuland will have various ag[…]