noemon wrote:No hatred of you whatsoever, don't even know you and don't even care, just going by your own words. It is not about disagreeing with something and you should defend everyone's right to disagree on anything but NOT agreeing to performing harm on others, that is not just an agreement with racists that is your endorsement of them causing harm to others.
Nobody has a right not to be offended or have their feelings hurt. Do you understand this? Saying mean and nasty and hurtful things aren't illegal, unless it's slander or some such or crosses the line into harassment or threatening violence, or slander/libel. Someone can call a person fat or ugly if they want, it's legal, it may hurt their feelings, it may be unethical, we may not agree with it, but the state isn't going to lock you up for it.
1. It's good that you change your position
2. but all these are still vague, "I support racists unless they surpass a certain threshold of violence".... Which is totally arbitrary and based on your own feelings without consideration for the major or minor harm caused to the person receiving the racism which has not surpassed your threshold for you to actually seize your support for said racism.
1. I've never changed my position. You either haven't been reading everything i've written in this thread or your reading comprehension is poor. Either way, you're misrepresenting my position based on lies and leaps in logic which are libelous, which BTW is illegal speech.
2. It's not vague. Go look at the laws on speech, harassment, threatening violence etc. in current law of the USA.
1. Funny also how you either support racism or don't care about this harm caused to others.
It's not that I don't care, it's that I believe the harm in the government banning speech and using violence to drag people off into prison for it is worse than the crime.
1. Instead of saying, racism is violence, should not be permitted ever because its violence against another human being.
2. Saying that should not be that difficult but you choose to sit here and make excuses for racism and racists and the only reason people would do that is because they are what they defend. This is not being said to you because anyone hates you, but because it's the truth.
1. Words are not violence. Violence is violence, IMO it's physical. Equating somebody being physically assaulted to somebody being offended and their feelings hurt is morally disgusting, it's SJW hogwash and purposefully misrepresenting speech in order to push an ideological agenda to have speech you don't like banned. Hears an idea: grow some thicker skin. Sticks and stones, yo. Instead of insisting people who hurt your feelings should be forced by ACTUAL violence by the police into handcuffs and thrown in prison.
2. What a terrible opinion based on bad logic. Are you one of those SJW's who try and bully people with labels like "racist", "bigot", "sexist" etc. to shame them into conforming to your ideology? How cowardly. Too bad it doesn't work on me. Anyone else who can read will know what I meant.
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”
― Richard Nixon, during his farewell speech, 1974.