Should Protestors Against the Lockdowns Be Stopped? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

SHOULD THE ANTI-LOCKDOWN PROTESTORS, STOP OR CONTINUE?

STOP
54%
CONTINUE
46%
Random American wrote:Enforcing social distancing is acceptable, but I don't believe in suppressing dissent.

Why should you be forced to do something to protect against something that isn’t happening? In Britain we have laws that prohibit certain actions and if we disobey we’re punished. These new rules force us to do something and if we don’t obey we’re punished. That change is the hallmark of all societies which led to authoritarianism. Enforcing social distancing means no protests of crowds dissenting.
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:Why should you be forced to do something to protect against something that isn’t happening? In Britain we have laws that prohibit certain actions and if we disobey we’re punished. These new rules force us to do something and if we don’t obey we’re punished. That change is the hallmark of all societies which led to authoritarianism. Enforcing social distancing means no protests of crowds dissenting.

Oh, you're one of those people who think that COVID-19 is a hoax. Ok, taking to you won't accomplish anything. :roll:
Atlantis wrote:People violating the rules should be fined and/or imprisoned. The fines should be in proportion to the economic and health damage caused by the pandemic. Since the damage runs in the trillions, fines should be between 10,000 and several million dollars for each offense. Offenders could also be made to do menial duties in ICU wards or for digging graves for Covid victims.

If everybody adhered to the rules, there would be no pandemic. Society should not have to suffer because of a bunch of nutcases and conspiracy theorists. Consequently, the asocial offenders need to carry the full cost of the pandemic.

You provide clear evidence as to why the left tends to create authoritarian governments.
Julian658 wrote:You provide clear evidence as to why the left tends to create authoritarian governments.

In the U.S. you guys are deeply authoritarian, so don't frame this as a liberty vs authority fight. This is you following a conman and framing it as fighting for liberty when in reality you all are being reckless and are getting people sick. You turned a basic health and safety issue into something partisan, and it's not like you really oppose coercion. You want the government to embrace legal moralism when it comes to your social pet projects. You only care about liberty when the other side proposes something.
MistyTiger wrote:They should be stopped.

Protests are breeding grounds for the virus. It is unsafe to gather around anyone especially strangers who might not bathe every day.

Not necessarily. The general consensus in the media appears to be that the George Floyd and BLM protests did not spread coronavirus. (Chigago Tribune, USA Today, Healthline) Although you might argue that anti-lockdown protestors will not wear masks.
libertasbella wrote:Not necessarily. The general consensus in the media appears to be that the George Floyd and BLM protests did not spread coronavirus. (Chigago Tribune, USA Today, Healthline) Although you might argue that anti-lockdown protestors will not wear masks.

nbcnews wrote:There is no evidence yet that the wave of Black Lives Matter protests across the U.S. sparked COVID-19 outbreaks in the more than three weeks since they began, according to a study published Monday by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Rather, as the protests went on, people who were not participating increasingly stayed at home, possibly counteracting any effects the large gatherings may have had on the spread of the virus, the researchers concluded.

Assemblages spread the virus. BLM just got lucky that people who didn't participate avoided them and counteracting the effects to an extent.
Random American wrote:In the U.S. you guys are deeply authoritarian, so don't frame this as a liberty vs authority fight. This is you following a conman and framing it as fighting for liberty when in reality you all are being reckless and are getting people sick. You turned a basic health and safety issue into something partisan, and it's not like you really oppose coercion. You want the government to embrace legal moralism when it comes to your social pet projects. You only care about liberty when the other side proposes something.

It is quite clear the Democrats are the party that favor collectivism, greater government regulation, and government dependency. On the other hand the Republicans favor individualism, less government intervention, and a greater degree of personal freedom.

Donald Trump is an anomaly without ideology, he was never a true Republican.
Julian658 wrote:It is quite clear the Democrats are the party that favor collectivism, greater government regulation, and government dependency. On the other hand the Republicans favor individualism, less government intervention, and a greater degree of personal freedom.

Trump is the Republican party with it's faux civility removed. As for "less government intervention," they only do that when that intervention is regulations that cut corporate abuse and thus not a virtue, and the GOP doesnt stand for personal freedom either. They support state surveillance, stop and frisk, authoritarian drug laws, etc.
Julian658 wrote:It is quite clear the Democrats are the party that favor collectivism, greater government regulation, and government dependency. On the other hand the Republicans favor individualism, less government intervention, and a greater degree of personal freedom.

Republicans favor more police powers, and are far from accepting individualism outside a very narrow range, white , straight, christian, men.
pugsville wrote:Republicans favor more police powers, and are far from accepting individualism outside a very narrow range, white , straight, christian, men.

Your using shallow arguments full of bigotry. Black Muslim men can also favor individualism. Your views are racists! :eek: Trust me on this one, when I call racism it is quite obvious. Assuming values are defined by skin color is racism 101.
Random American wrote:Trump is the Republican party with it's faux civility removed. As for "less government intervention," they only do that when that intervention is regulations that cut corporate abuse and thus not a virtue, and the GOP doesnt stand for personal freedom either. They support state surveillance, stop and frisk, authoritarian drug laws, etc.

Oops, another defund the police poster. Do you even know that until 1965 the Democrats were the party of slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, lynching, etc. Why do you think they suddenly changed in the 1960s? Do you why?
@Julian658 does not know what the de-fund the police movement believes nor what its methods would be. Methods, by the way, that are popular with many police departments.
Julian658 wrote:Oops, another defund the police poster. Do you even know that until 1965 the Democrats were the party of slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, lynching, etc. Why do you think they suddenly changed in the 1960s? Do you why?

I'm not a Democrat nor a "defund the police poster." Also, enough with the dumb GOP taking points as well. I'm an Independent.
Random American wrote:I'm not a Democrat nor a "defund the police poster." Also, enough with the dumb GOP taking points as well. I'm an Independent.

I am right of center and a libertarian-----------A firm believer in capitalism!

I could care less about gay marriage, LGBTQIAS, abortions, etc type issues.

I do care about how Democrats continue to oppress American Blacks. They have created a class of perpetual loyal 95% voters with manipulation and the victimhood narrative. That is nothing more than a continuation of the plantation. And they have managed to get black leaders to preach the same message.
Drlee wrote:@Julian658 does not know what the de-fund the police movement believes nor what its methods would be. Methods, by the way, that are popular with many police departments.

The Republican that always sound like AOC and a member of the squad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, lets reduced policing in black neighborhoods.
libertasbella wrote:Not necessarily. The general consensus in the media appears to be that the George Floyd and BLM protests did not spread coronavirus. (Chigago Tribune, USA Today, Healthline) Although you might argue that anti-lockdown protestors will not wear masks.

It is risky to surround yourself with tons of breathing people. And anyone could have been exposed to the virus. The aerosol droplets can get to you through your nose and eyes. If anyone wants to gamble their life for a few hours, then that is their choice...it is a free country. People have a right to assemble. But right now the major problem is how to reduce the infection rate when people are beyond caring about safety and only thinking about what they want. I am thinking about my family when I go out and I want them to stay healthy. I avoid as many people as I can when I leave my home.
Julian658 wrote:Your using shallow arguments full of bigotry. Black Muslim men can also favor individualism. Your views are racists! :eek: Trust me on this one, when I call racism it is quite obvious. Assuming values are defined by skin color is racism 101.

Nope.

Really and how does republican stance of gay marriage endorse individualism rather than conformity to a narrow view of personal relations.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]