Will the military need to remove Trump? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will the military need to remove Trump and enforce the election results?

Yes (Military will need to come in to force Trump from office, enforcing the election results)
17%
No (Trump will step down before it ever comes to that)
46%
Military will side with Trump against the election
No votes
0%
Military will split into pro-Trump and Pro-Biden factions.
17%
Other (explain below)
21%
ckaihatsu wrote:With *that* power base gone, what else does Trump have left? He can't do a coup without the military, and law enforcement looks to be playing-by-the-book here, so what's conceivably up-his-sleeve? He looks to be going out with a *whimper*.

I agree. I don't think he really wants to do a coup, but he needs to sell it to the donors so he can grift the shit out of them til January and then slip out in the night. The issue I'm concerned about is where these people turn their insane energy and how they respond to the new reality whether they accept it or not.
Red_Army wrote:
I agree. I don't think he really wants to do a coup, but he needs to sell it to the donors so he can grift the shit out of them til January and then slip out in the night. The issue I'm concerned about is where these people turn their insane energy and how they respond to the new reality whether they accept it or not.

New cult leader, hopefully non-political -- ? Spontaneous egomaniacal cannibalism?
Red_Army wrote:I agree. I don't think he really wants to do a coup, but he needs to sell it to the donors so he can grift the shit out of them til January and then slip out in the night. The issue I'm concerned about is where these people turn their insane energy and how they respond to the new reality whether they accept it or not.

I believe it. He is using donations to pay off debt, so he is just a scam artist. Hopefully he doesn't manage to cling on to power thanks to the idiots in the Congress, or the so called opposition party which might as well be the party of submission.
Random American wrote:Your posts don't really paint you as anti-Trump as much as you think they do then. Anyway, If Trump won legitimately then yes, I can handle him. If he pulled some legally questionable shit, that's another story, as one should fight for the rule of law.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not a liberal, nor am I a fan of the Democratic Party.

I'm not ''anti-Trump'', in the sense that I absolutely don't lose my shit every time the man opens his mouth or whatever like some people do. He's far more clever and savvy than some think, buying into his public persona. It could be said that I'm far more supportive of the people who vote for Trump, that ignored but significant segment of the American people who pretty much make everything worthwhile run but get so little in return for their troubles, trouble at the hands of the establishment who exploit them and mock them mercilessly. They're hated, and so they're learning to fight back with any tool at hand against their haters.
ckaihatsu wrote:Just call yourself an anarchist -- a disabused liberal -- and get over it, already. You're welcome.

:lol: I prefer pragmatist but people think that means "liberal," which is just another ideology, not actually pragmatic.

ckaihatsu wrote:

The feds already infiltrated and shut down that fascist conspiracy in Michigan, so presumably they know what major kind of shit is being planned from within fascist circles *before* it goes down.

With *that* power base gone, what else does Trump have left? He can't do a coup without the military, and law enforcement looks to be playing-by-the-book here, so what's conceivably up-his-sleeve? He looks to be going out with a *whimper*.

Well, there will be successful terrorist attacks by his moronic base. The FBI cannot catch each and every fascist or other type of moron who would raise a "revolution" for that orange idiot.
annatar1914 wrote:
I'm not ''anti-Trump'', in the sense that I absolutely don't lose my shit every time the man opens his mouth or whatever like some people do. He's far more clever and savvy than some think, buying into his public persona. It could be said that I'm far more supportive of the people who vote for Trump, that ignored but significant segment of the American people who pretty much make everything worthwhile run but get so little in return for their troubles, trouble at the hands of the establishment who exploit them and mock them mercilessly. They're hated, and so they're learning to fight back with any tool at hand against their haters.

You mean the petty-bourgeoisie? In a bad economy, like this one, they're arguably in the same work conditions as the working class, being shopkeepers, etc., without seeing the *volume* of business that would normally source them their profits.

Yep, they're the ones who have to decide which side they're on, because the class polarization gets *stark*, and they're caught in-the-middle, economically-politically.
Random American wrote:
:lol: I prefer pragmatist but people think that means "liberal," which is just another ideology, not actually pragmatic.

You have to ask yourself 'pragmatist' in *whose* interests, exactly, to be more specific and definitive.

If you're *for* the system then that makes you a *statist*, and tolerant of the status-quo.

If you're *not* for the system then that makes you an *anarchist* because you know that the state is just a bourgeois superstructural social convention / norm.

Random American wrote:
Well, there will be successful terrorist attacks by his moronic base. The FBI cannot catch each and every fascist or other type of moron who would raise a "revolution" for that orange idiot.

The question, though, is if such fascists, even assuming relative operational autonomy, would be able to hold the country hostage on behalf of Trump. This is where the *subjective*, 'petty bourgeois' factor plays a crucial role, as I alluded-to, because there's not a clear sense (to me) where people stand in relation to *fascists*.

It looks like the *state* has shifted, anyway, with that roundup of the conspirators in Michigan, and the full prosecution of Rittenhouse, so *that's* a plus, but we need to see where the *grassroots* *public* is on all of this, to make it democratic and deterministic going-forward.
ckaihatsu wrote:You mean the petty-bourgeoisie? In a bad economy, like this one, they're arguably in the same work conditions as the working class, being shopkeepers, etc., without seeing the *volume* of business that would normally source them their profits.

Yep, they're the ones who have to decide which side they're on, because the class polarization gets *stark*, and they're caught in-the-middle, economically-politically.

In Marxist terms, I'd say the majority of the people who support Trump are of the Proletariat, plus a substantial portion of the Petit-Bourgeoisie. The Liberals have most of the wealthier Petit-Bourgeoisie and the wealthy Bourgeoisie, and most of the Lumpenproletariat.

Make of that what you will.
Politics_Observer wrote:Well, I think it's because he wants to try to run again in 2024.

He will be 78 years old though and getting up there in age if he does. He might not be in the best of health. There is no guarantees Trump would win re-election in a 2024 bid either.

Trump won't run for 2024. There is the age issue that you have alluded to and the cost of running for president as well. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was in jail before 2024 - which I will almost guarantee if he becomes an activist and a thorn in Biden ass. However that doesn't mean we have heard the last word from Trump. He will become a commentator like Jones and Shapario. Because the presidency to him was a money spinner. And now that is over he will look for new ways to cash in. And that is why he is silent now and that is why he hasn't no evidence to show for voter fraud. Because the claims aren't made to change outcomes. There are there to make money. But once the electoral college have elected, all avenues will close for him, and Trump will have to concede to expect leniency in return. And after that he will then just become a mouthpiece.
@B0ycey

B0ycey wrote:Trump will have to concede to expect leniency in return

I don't think Trump should receive leniency in return even if he does concede. If he faces criminal charges, he should face the full accounting of the law. Concede or not.

@MistyTiger

MistyTiger wrote:I heard Baron is not a nice boy.

I am sure Baron isn't given his father and the dysfunctional and toxic environment he is most likely being raised in. Melania most likely tries to shield Baron from some of Trump's toxicity but I doubt she can entirely shield Baron from all of it.
Politics_Observer wrote:@B0ycey

I don't think Trump should receive leniency in return even if he does concede. If he faces criminal charges, he should face the full accounting of the law. Concede or not.

This isn't about what should happen, but the impression of the United States. Trump will be given all the proceeds expected of a former President of the United States and the protections it gives him if he plays ball. And that will mean he stays behind the veil and not activate trouble in democracy. Biden has already stated he wants to unite the US which going after Trump will hinder, so in that sense he will be untouchable. But all that will change depending on Trump's behaviour. Not vacating the WH would be one of them.
@Istanbuller

Istanbuller wrote:The US army head already told that US army will not involved in anything related to the election. If they did, it would be for securing Trump presidency. The US army is overhelmingly right wing, which is quite opposite of US intelligence.

That's not the reason why the US military would stay out of anything related to the election. The reason why is because the military must remain apolitical. It's job is not be involved in domestic matters or political matters. It is not the job of the military to govern or to administer or to engage in domestic law enforcement. That's what civilian authorities are for.

So, when it comes to domestic or political matters the military wants to stay out of that to maintain the reliability and professionalism of the armed forces that stays under civilian control. Once an army starts involving itself in domestic or political matters, it's a slippery slope towards a military dictatorship. Hence, why the U.S. Army stays out of such matters. A professional army remains apolitical and under civilian control nor does it involve itself in domestic matters. It's job is to fight and win wars against foreign adversaries.
annatar1914 wrote:
In Marxist terms, I'd say the majority of the people who support Trump are of the Proletariat, plus a substantial portion of the Petit-Bourgeoisie. The Liberals have most of the wealthier Petit-Bourgeoisie and the wealthy Bourgeoisie, and most of the Lumpenproletariat.

Make of that what you will.

Yeah, then it's *false consciousness* for most, and an unseriousness on their part, maybe looking for some kind of *celebrity* culture (living vicariously, etc.).

Now can I get all this in a *graphic* format? (heh) (Just kidding.)
ckaihatsu wrote:Yeah, then it's *false consciousness* for most, and an unseriousness on their part, maybe looking for some kind of *celebrity* culture (living vicariously, etc.).

Now can I get all this in a *graphic* format? (heh) (Just kidding.)

Well, it is very serious on their part, their lives and those lives they provide for are on the line, and if they see a chance at someone possibly making their lives measurably better they'll reward that person in turn.

If Trump's stupid and vile opponents didn't hate these people like they do, they'd end Trump's political career by the simple expedient of delivering on his promises to them better than he has done. It's that simple. But since Trump's opponents intensely hate these good working people as much as or worse than they hate him, they will not.

And they'll pay for that mistake sooner or later.
annatar1914 wrote:
Well, it is very serious on their part, their lives and those lives they provide for are on the line, and if they see a chance at someone possibly making their lives measurably better they'll reward that person in turn.

If Trump's stupid and vile opponents didn't hate these people like they do, they'd end Trump's political career by the simple expedient of delivering on his promises to them better than he has done. It's that simple. But since Trump's opponents intensely hate these good working people as much as or worse than they hate him, they will not.

And they'll pay for that mistake sooner or later.

Are you implying *race* -- ? Or *class* -- ?

You're saying that the Democrats have been playing demographic-favorites, and Trump is simply a *reaction* to that, so that we have an almost *arbitrary*, demographic-schism in terms of treatment of the electorate by the two capitalist political parties.

Please elaborate.
Red_Army wrote: The issue I'm concerned about is where these people turn their insane energy

I'm concerned that there's a lack of insane energy. I think at the end of the day these people are just gonna file right into the cattle cars aboard the Joe Biden express to retard town.

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

it reminds me of a woman who was a Greek immigr[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]