Castrate pedophiles - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Castrate pedophiles

Yes
53%
No
47%
Other
No votes
0%
By Skynet
Malam Nasir
@elrufai
has signed the Kaduna State Penal Code (Amendment) Law 2020 which provides stiff penalties upon conviction for the rape of a child, including surgical castration for male convicts and bilateral salpingectomy for female convicts

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2020 ... R8cjq09uEs

No mercy with this monsters, but it would be better to shoot them and sell their organs.

In Western-Europe they get often just probation, in Balkans 45 Years in Monte Negro for example
By late
Almost.

It's very hard to treat, and what we do tends to make matters worse.

I would save castration for extreme or repeat offenders, not an 18 year that has a 16 year old girlfriend.

Men hate the idea, but it's effective.
No, because it wouldn't work. Pedophiles aren't attracted to sexual organs and aren't really motivated by a climax. They're attracted to the innocence, which means that it would not prevent this happening.

If you're really interested in preventing this from happening, just adopt Louisiana's standpoint. Child molestation is a capital offense in that state. Just kill them.

Of course, to be consistent, you'd have to treat other crimes the same - crimes with high recidivism and a violation of personal rights. Which means rape, assault, etc.

Too slippery of a slope.
By Rancid
As disgusting as they are, I would say no. This just sounds like something the CCP would do and support. We shouldn't stoop down to that sort of level of a gutter government.

THey have a hard time in prison as it is, so they do suffer more consequence when found guilty.
What does the science say?

If there are studies that show a causative link between castration and lower rates of child molestation, I would read them.

At this point, this measure seems to appeal to our (understandable) revulsion at these people.

As always, I think we need to look at things in a scientific manner, find out the actual causes, and address those.

The actual causes of child molestation are almost certainly complex and will almost certainly require complex solutions. Consequently, I doubt simple castration will work.
By pugsville
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:No mercy with this monsters, but it would be better to shoot them and sell their organs.

In Western-Europe they get often just probation, in Balkans 45 Years in Monte Negro for example

I'm against allowing the state to kill execute, torture/ Not because I have necessarily great sympathy for murderers , rapists, or terrorists but because once the state gets to do these thing routinely it corrupts the state.

The State is an bureaucratic machine, it struggles with morality anyway. Handing it powers like this just tends to go badly.
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
What does the science say?

If there are studies that show a causative link between castration and lower rates of child molestation, I would read them.

At this point, this measure seems to appeal to our (understandable) revulsion at these people.

As always, I think we need to look at things in a scientific manner, find out the actual causes, and address those.

The actual causes of child molestation are almost certainly complex and will almost certainly require complex solutions. Consequently, I doubt simple castration will work.

There isn't much research, and there is a lot of male resistance to the idea.

But it works, doesn't require long prison sentences or drugs.

I have no interest in going back over that, so if you want more, see if you can't google it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:What does the science say?

Hey POD:

When is that P going to be added to the LGBTQIA+?
late wrote:There isn't much research, and there is a lot of male resistance to the idea.

But it works, doesn't require long prison sentences or drugs.

I have no interest in going back over that, so if you want more, see if you can't google it.

I am not actually sure that it does work.

How do you know it works?
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I am not actually sure that it does work.

How do you know it works?

Where do you think testosterone is made?

It's been done, for most people, no sex hormone means no interest in sex.
By Skynet
Julian658 wrote:
When is that P going to be added to the LGBTQIA+?

I do not like fags, it should be punished with a few months prison, but what two adults do is lightyears away what an adult does psychological and physical harm to a child.
By Julian658
late wrote:Where do you think testosterone is made?

Research suggests there may be a biological reason for this. Data published in Biology Letters found paedophiles’ brains are, in essence, wired to find immature faces attractive.

Neurobiology
Human face processing is tuned to sexual age preferences
J. Ponseti, O. Granert, T. van Eimeren, O. Jansen, S. Wolff, K. Beier, G. Deuschl, H. Bosinski and H. Siebner
Published:01 May 2014https://doi.org/10.1098/rsbl.2014.0200
Abstract
Human faces can motivate nurturing behaviour or sexual behaviour when adults see a child or an adult face, respectively. This suggests that face processing is tuned to detecting age cues of sexual maturity to stimulate the appropriate reproductive behaviour: either caretaking or mating. In paedophilia, sexual attraction is directed to sexually immature children. Therefore, we hypothesized that brain networks that normally are tuned to mature faces of the preferred gender show an abnormal tuning to sexual immature faces in paedophilia. Here, we use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to test directly for the existence of a network which is tuned to face cues of sexual maturity. During fMRI, participants sexually attracted to either adults or children were exposed to various face images. In individuals attracted to adults, adult faces activated several brain regions significantly more than child faces. These brain regions comprised areas known to be implicated in face processing, and sexual processing, including occipital areas, the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex and, subcortically, the putamen and nucleus caudatus. The same regions were activated in paedophiles, but with a reversed preferential response pattern.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/ ... 4dd4ef5a16
late wrote:Where do you think testosterone is made?

I understand the theory. Robert Sawyer uses it as a plot device in his Neanderthal trilogy.

But just because it makes logical sense and is based on something empirical and can be verified does not mean that it is actually true.

If, for example, the urge to abuse children comes from psychological or neurological causes and has nothing to do with hormones, the lack of testosterone may have little impact. If there is little impact, it would be better to try other means of separating these people from the population or otherwise stopping them from abusing children.
By Julian658
Pants-of-dog wrote:I understand the theory. Robert Sawyer uses it as a plot device in his Neanderthal trilogy.

But just because it makes logical sense and is based on something empirical and can be verified does not mean that it is actually true.

If, for example, the urge to abuse children comes from psychological or neurological causes and has nothing to do with hormones, the lack of testosterone may have little impact. If there is little impact, it would be better to try other means of separating these people from the population or otherwise stopping them from abusing children.

Why did the Muslim people castrated their slaves? Do you know?
By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I understand the theory. Robert Sawyer uses it as a plot device in his Neanderthal trilogy.

So, we need to verify it.

We also may be able to learn when it wouldn't work, and try something else.

I've been without testosterone as part of a medical treatment. It'd work.
By Julian658
Julian658 wrote:Why did the Muslim people castrated their slaves? Do you know?

The castrated male slaves were in charge of the women in the harem.
While no cure exists for pedophilia, limited treatments do exist. European doctors introduced oral hormonal treatments, such as estrogen pills, in the 1940s, while in the 1960s, Dr. John Money, a Johns Hopkins professor, began to prescribe medroxyprogesterone acetate, the base drug in the commonly used contraceptive Depo Provera. Depo Provera and other hormonal drugs have been used in the United States, Canada, and Europe to “chemically castrate” pedophiles and other sexual deviants.

Recently, Asian countries have adopted these techniques. The Star reports that under new regulations by the Indonesian government, those who commit sexual violence against children will be punished with chemical castration in addition to their prison and house arrest sentencing. Prior to these new Indonesian regulations, Korea enacted chemical castration laws, while India has reportedly drafted though not yet passed legislation as well.

Overall, hormonal treatments appear to be effective for some offenders and other people who suffer from unwanted urges. In a 1991 Johns Hopkins study, less than 10 percent of 626 “chemically castrated” patients had committed sexual offenses five years after treatment. A Korean study of 38 chemical castration patients discovered reductions in frequency and intensity of sexual drive, frequency of masturbation and sexual fantasies, yet, during the first two months after cessation of treatment, the patients experienced an unexpected upsurge of testosterone levels and intense sexual drive and fantasy. Another Korean study found chemical castration reduced the frequency and intensity of sexual thoughts in the majority though not all patients.

What does chemical castration feel like? As Renee Sorrentino, a Boston University- and Harvard-trained forensic psychiatrist, explained in Boston Magazine, Lupron reduces the sex drive and mitigates deviant desires; while the feelings remain, they’re less obsessive. Sorrentino, who treats convicted pedophiles, rapists, exhibitionists, and voyeurs in her Boston clinic, likens Lupron’s effects to the volume being lowered on a radio. One of her patients, a sex-addict, told New York Magazine, “Before I went on Lupron I was thinking about having sex with a prostitute over 30 times a day. After six months I would only have the thoughts a few times a day.”

Along with less mental noise, patients may also experience side effects including weight gain, hair loss, and development of breasts. Lupron may also lead to osteoporosis in men. Despite side effects and health risks, Sorrentino’s patients tell her they prefer shots of medication to feeling uninvited urges and, in their own words, "living in a dark place
https://www.medicaldaily.com/chemical-castration-sex-offenders-386339
Currently several states, including California and Florida, permit convicted sex offenders to be injected with Depo Provera, an FDA-approved birth control drug. Often called "chemical castration," Depo Provera is meant to quell the sex drive of male sex offenders by lowering their testosterone levels. The drug does not render any permanent physical change to the body. The treatment is believed to be most effective on sex offenders who possess uncontrollable biological urges that take the form of sexual fantasies that are usually only satisfied by acting on the fantasy.
https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/chemical-and-surgical-castration.html

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]