Would you support forcing adults to get a vaccine for Covid19? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Would you support forcing adults to get a vaccine for Covid19?

Yes
42%
No
58%
Stormsmith wrote:
I wonder if the vaccine levels would rise if the participants who are currently opposed to being vaccinated had to pay to be tested every other day.

That's what's going to happen. Maybe not everywhere, but companies won't pay for the testing, and a lot of communities won't be able to afford it.
No, but I'd support forcing them to get a vaccine for plague, for example, although I wonder if they'd have to be forced to do that. :lol: COVID-19 is not about forcing, it's about convincing or conditioning anyway.

Godstud wrote:I voted YES, simply because there wasn't an Other, category.

By "forced", I mean thru societal pressure, and not literally forcing them.

Then it's pressuring or pushing rather than forcing, I guess, so you should've voted no.

Also, @Godstud, did you really have to bring Howard Stern in this thread? He's just whoring. :lol:
colliric wrote:Flu virus does the exact same shit every single year. And you didn't give a damn about that virus killing the older generation, and incubating new strains in the youth, did you? You didn't push for the Flu to be eradicated with forced Vaccinations did you?

I have no trouble also making flu vaccinations also necessary for entering public buildings or attending social events.

Only reason it's less of a killer overall than Covid-19 is because the drugs we use to treat the flu are more advanced having been developed over a far longer period of time. The virus would be just as deadly if treatment drugs hadn't of been developed to help recovery in addition to OPTIONAL vaccines. And that virus also has the potential to evolve to have it's own more deadly pandemic again. Heck the Swine Flu pandemic was less than 15 years ago.

You mean “hadn’t have”, not “hadn’t of”.

And yes, viruses can mutate and become more deadly, especially in unvaccinated people.

This is why you are wrong to advocate that young people should not get vaccinated.

I would say “Now you know!” but since this has already been explained to you multiple times, I am goin to assume you simply do not understand how this refutes your argument.

You didn't care about deadly viruses incubating in the youth and killing the older generation until you heard about this one and the government took away your personal freedom to go outside without a mask.

No. I get flu vaccines each year.

fucking

I see. You are trying to sound like an internet badass.

If ever I was in Blackburn North, I doubt you would say that to my face.
Igor Antunov wrote:...gasp...what if...what if voter ID was implemented too? :eek:

Injecting random substances into your bloodstream akin to having proof of learning to drive...nice contrasts there Einstein.

A vaccine is not "random substance". It is a carefully manufactured cocktail SPECIFICALLY designed by highly trained biochemical engieneers, tested by healthcare personnel including medical doctors and carefully monitored by multiple healthcare organizations worldwide.

You wan't to talk about "random substances". Everytime you take a breath you are breathing "random substances" that we burn in our cars, some of which are KNOWN carcinogens (sometimes you even breathe viruses!). Every time you drink something depending on the water source, you could be exposing yourself to heavy metals which we known are toxic. You like fish? Guess what, chances are you eating fuking plastic.
And you are afraid of a fucking vaccine? Grow up.

BTW voted No. As a matter of principle, though for me it is a soft no. It is certainly not unprecedented like you said.
Last edited by XogGyux on 11 Sep 2021 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
Doris Johnsky wrote:No I would not. It is a slap in the face of the concept of freedom of choice. I, for one, got the vaccine but it was my choice.

It is not the job of Government to mandate. The Government cannot, in a supposedly free society, mandate that people do anything.

Yes, it can. It can mandate you pay taxes, It can mandate you go to prison if you kill a fellow citizen. Freedom is a spectrum. Do you know we can force people to stay in the hospital against their will if they have pulmonary tb? https://www.cdc.gov/tb/programs/laws/me ... nement.htm

The moment you join a society (for most of us, presumably at birth) you are passively agreeing with a certain degree of limitations to your rights, you are also enjoying a new set of protections and/or "perks" that come with living in a society. This "all or nothing" approach of some purist libertarian-wanna-bees is unrealistic and impractical.
Rancid wrote:It's not just federal employees. He asked the labor department to mandate that any private company with more than 100 employees needs to mandate the vaccine.

Is there a requirement to provide employees with full sick pay including tips so they don't have to share their germs with their colleagues, contractors and customers when suffering from an old school coronavirus aka influenza aka the flu?
AFAIK wrote:Is there a requirement to provide employees with full sick pay including tips so they don't have to share their germs with their colleagues, contractors and customers when suffering from an old school coronavirus aka influenza aka the flu?

Is there a required mandate that every company with over 100 employees forces them to take the flu shot to keep working? No.

Your point, it is not there.
AFAIK wrote:Is there a requirement to provide employees with full sick pay including tips so they don't have to share their germs with their colleagues, contractors and customers when suffering from an old school coronavirus aka influenza aka the flu?

Of course not, this is America we're talking about.
I've changed my mind. If I'm forced to get a vaccine for work, I will be getting the AZ one.

I talked to my Asian GP after seeing him for something else....

Adverse reactions are statistically far lower for the AZ vaccine than the Pfizer one.

He showed me the real "adverse reaction statistics" from Malaysia. The Pfizer and mRNA vaccines kill much more people from adverse reactions resulting in death and it's protection lasts far less.

"If you're forced to get one, the AZ one is safest currently available(Pfizer killed many times as many), only two shots and doesn't look like booster is needed"

Why doesn't the government just fucking say this shit to people???

"They(both mRNA manufacturers & anti-vaxers together) spread false information about viral vector vaccine in the mainstream & social media, here's the real statistics(shows me graph), much safer"

"We don't know much about Moderna yet, but Pfizer killed far more people. The AZ one is actually the safest of the three"

9 deaths in a million versus 250+ in 7 million.

"UK ended lockdowns quick because they used Astrazeneca specifically. Don't worry, if they ask you to there'll be plenty immediately available."
Godstud wrote:Wrong @colliric The chances of death from vaccines is around 1 in 7+ million. Stop spreading lies.

Death rate for covid-19 is about 20,000 per 1 million.

Do the math.

My GP showed me the adverse reactions graph from Malaysia dickhead. I wasn't even asking him to. You're lying. Stop spreading lies!

9 deaths in one million for Astrazenaca VS 250-300 deaths in 7 million for Pfizer(and possibly Moderna too). Makes sense since one simply uses a slightly modified version of the Common cold virus to deliver the goods, while the other one basically uses gene therapy. Malaysia has ordered a shitload more AZ from the UK as a result. Only two shots needed, no boosters.

Enjoy your fifth and sixth Pfizer shots while the UK can now go back to normal.

My mum straight up decided to get AZ now, which I supported her decision (still won't get it until asked by my employer).

This is why the Australian Government choose to load up on Astrazeneca. Looked at the stats on the ones offered to them, and picked the one that looked safer.

Aren't you a Pro-vaxxer? Here I am sticking up for a vaccine, since the GP gave me a better view of the situation, and you still act like a moronic Midwit.

"If you do take it, get the AZ jab... It's the safest, most effective one currently available".
colliric wrote:Why doesn't the government just fucking say this shit to people???

"They(both mRNA manufacturers &anti-vaxers together) spread false information about viral vector vaccine in the mainstream & social media, here's the real statistics(shows me graph), much safer"

Well I have been telling you that AZ is safe and that Viral Vector vaccines in general have less side effects given it is biological although actually governments can't really do more than they do to explain that vaccines are safe than actually saying they are safe which is what they are saying. Although Pfizer is safe too I might add and was the one I took with no side effects. However given you have heart disease in the family, I think you should take AZ to lower an already miniscule risk I suppose.
Yes @colliric Pfizer has 1 death in 122,000 in the first month. 113 deaths for over 13 million vaccinations. You exaggerated that, of course, but that's not lying, is it? (I got the info from CDC website if you are interested, but I forgot to link it).

Still, that's a load better than a 1 in 50 death rate from Covid-19.
colliric wrote:My GP showed me the adverse reactions graph from Malaysia dickhead. I wasn't even asking him to. You're lying. Stop spreading lies!

9 deaths in one million for Astrazenaca VS 250-300 deaths in 7 million for Pfizer(and possibly Moderna too). Makes sense since one simply uses a slightly modified version of the Common cold virus to deliver the goods, while the other one basically uses gene therapy. Malaysia has ordered a shitload more AZ from the UK as a result. Only two shots needed, no boosters.

Enjoy your fifth and sixth Pfizer shots while the UK can now go back to normal.

My mum straight up decided to get AZ now, which I supported her decision (still won't get it until asked by my employer).

This is why the Australian Government choose to load up on Astrazeneca. Looked at the stats on the ones offered to them, and picked the one that looked safer.

Aren't you a Pro-vaxxer? Here I am sticking up for a vaccine, since the GP gave me a better view of the situation, and you still act like a moronic Midwit.

"If you do take it, get the AZ jab... It's the safest, most effective one currently available".

Jesus, don't listen to your GP, he/she is a fucking idiot.

A virus also does "gene therapy", common cold or not.

Death rates are meaningless without comparing them to the natural death rate in a population with similar characteristics.
Godstud wrote:Yes @colliric Pfizer has 1 death in 122,000 in the first month. 113 deaths for over 13 million vaccinations. You exaggerated that, of course, but that's not lying, is it? (I got the info from CDC website if you are interested, but I forgot to link it).

Still, that's a load better than a 1 in 50 death rate from Covid-19.

I was not exaggerating idiot. My GP showed me the adverse reaction statistics from Malaysia which he had access to. I did not look at it long enough to remember the exact source and refind it myself at home.

And he also explicitly said this is information only privately made available to GPs, so I probably won't even be able to find it online. Nearly 300+ deaths in 7 million Pfizer doses in Malaysia, compared to just 9 in a million for AZ.

How many times do I have to say it? The GP told me these were the Malaysian statistics dickhead. You're using the American CDC stats.

Jesus, don't listen to your GP, he/she is a fucking idiot.

The UK is getting far less deaths per new case than the countries that used Pfizer or Moderna as their main vaccines. Less than 140 deaths per week, and 37k new cases. Their main vaccine is clearly working better.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]