The Australia-US Free Trade Deal. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will the Australian Labor Party end up supporting the 'Australia-US Free Trade Agreement?

Yes
60%
No
27%
Other
13%
Please read the question. I understand only those with a reasonable understanding of Australian politics will be able to vote in this poll, but I think it is such an interesting debate for us Aussies, that this poll is nevertheless worthwhile.

Will the Australian Labor Party end up supporting the 'Australia-US Free Trade Agreement'?

By 'support' I mean will (in general) Labor's committee suggest it is better to pass the enabling legislation than not in their report, will Latham and caucus agree to this and will Labor support the enabling legislation through the Senate.

Please note - this is asking you to bet, not to vote on your preference. My personal hope is that Labor doesn't support the agreement, but my personal fear is that it probably will support the agreement. So, I voted "Yes".

I can see absolutely no reason for you to vote "Other", but included it as a mark of respect to the moderator here.

For some information on the deal, and Latham's options:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/ ... 37564.html
By Ocker
I'm not going to pretend I follow Australian, or any politics, Maxim...

But I don't think he will, formed from my uneducated opinion.

It is my belief that he is using the Anti-FTA stance to suck in the union vote, and I also don't think he'll be too keen to follow Howard.

I hope he doesn't, anywhoo.
By Reichsführer Wilhelm
It's certainly been portrayed in the media as an inevitable labour concession.

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]