What is Fascism - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What is Fascism?

Anti-Socialist Bulwork to protect capitalism
22
30%
Institutional totalitarian
24
32%
Fanaticism
2
3%
Mercantilism
No votes
0%
Socialism
7
9%
Other (please elaborate)
19
26%
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123002
Godstud wrote::lol: You right-winger extremists are not only ignorant, but severely uneducated to assume that Socialism needs authoritarianism. Just fucking stupid. Why do you continue to make fools of yourselves? You guys don't even know what a Liberal is. Go back to your caves, you Cro Magnon cretins!

:moron: :moron: :moron:

Explain how you impose socialism without an authoritarian government. How do you take away private property from individuals without coercion? How do you prevent individual from creating a business? How do you enforce equality without oppression?

Try to make a coherent argument without using insulting remarks. An insult is not an argument.
By late
#15123004
Julian658 wrote:
Explain how you impose socialism without an authoritarian government. How do you take away private property from individuals without coercion? How do you prevent individual from creating a business? How do you enforce equality without oppression?



You are conflating the authoritarian definition of socialism with the contemporary meaning which is do that crazy sh*t Denmark do...

Which is to say you are cheating.

Just a little. (I make the little joke)
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123006
late wrote:You are conflating the authoritarian definition of socialism with the contemporary meaning which is do that crazy sh*t Denmark do...

Which is to say you are cheating.

Just a little. (I make the little joke)

Denmark and the rest of the Scandinavian countries are capitalists!!!!!!!!! :knife: :knife: :knife: :knife:

They have a lot of social programs, more than in America, but they are capitalists. It is easier to be a business person in Denmark than in America.

The Nordic model comprises the economic and social policies as well as typical cultural practices common to the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). This includes a comprehensive welfare state and multi-level collective bargaining based on the economic foundations of free-market capitalism.
WIKI

Wow!!! So much misinformation!! :eh: :eh:
By late
#15123013
Julian658 wrote:
1) Denmark and the rest of the Scandinavian countries are capitalists!!!!!

2) They have a lot of social programs, more than in America, but they are capitalists. It is easier to be a business person in Denmark than in America.

3) The Nordic model comprises the economic and social policies as well as typical cultural practices common to the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). This includes a comprehensive welfare state and multi-level collective bargaining based on the economic foundations of free-market capitalism.
WIKI




1) I know. But I have also watched Right wingnuts call them Socialist for half a century. So if you could get your friends to clean up their act... Btw, Denmark is a nice place to visit.

2) All true, and less income inequality, and their social programs helped a lot riding out the 2008 crash.

3) I went there in 73, I've known that for a while. These days I ask whether we should be imitating the cycling infrastructure of the Danes or the Dutch. (It's the Dutch). That sort of thing.
By Rich
#15123014
I do think its important to remember that America is an authoritarian collectivist culture, born out of authoritarian terrorism. The American rebels faced the same problem as the Vietcong. They were completely outclassed in conventional military, so they used their ability to inflict authoritarian terror over the civilian population and alliances with authoritarian empires to balance the conflict.

We see this authoritarian collectivism in the way states banned abolitionist literature, we see it in the whole enforcement of the slave system, anyone who claims you can have slavery without authoritarian collectivism is either a liar or a retard. This is part of the reason for the Somerset v Stewart decision. It wasn't just about Liberal beedin hearts concerned for the welfare of racially dark skinned Africans, but recognition that we didn't want slavery creeping into Britain with the corrupt authoritarian collectivism that inevitably comes with it.

We see authoritarian collectivism in the murder of Joseph Smith, and the refusal to admit Utah as a state until they totally submitted to the rest of the Americas cultural values. the way the Confederacy reduced States rights, Lincoln's conscription with the opt out for rich people. We see it in the whole Jim Crow set up and its lynching culture. We see it the Prohibition saga. We saw it at Kent State. We saw it the mass support for torture and incarceration without trial after 9/11. We see it in the hysteria over flag burning and people taking the knee when the national anthem is played at football matches. I don't support BLM, but I most certainly support anyone who resists America's culture of collectivist authoritarian flag worship.

The violent intolerant, woke lynch mob culture of America's Liberal Universities is entirely with the traditional American way, its just that the totems they are defending have changed.
#15123015
Ignoring conservatives and their ignorance about socialism, I would like to know how many violent racist acts were inspired by Trump.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123017
Rich wrote:I do think its important to remember that America is an authoritarian collectivist culture, born out of authoritarian terrorism. The American rebels faced the same problem as the Vietcong. They were completely outclassed in conventional military, so they used their ability to inflict authoritarian terror over the civilian population and alliances with authoritarian empires to balance the conflict.

We see this authoritarian collectivism in the way states banned abolitionist literature, we see it in the whole enforcement of the slave system, anyone who claims you can have slavery without authoritarian collectivism is either a liar or a retard. This is part of the reason for the Somerset v Stewart decision. It wasn't just about Liberal beedin hearts concerned for the welfare of racially dark skinned Africans, but recognition that we didn't want slavery creeping into Britain with the corrupt authoritarian collectivism that inevitably comes with it.

We see authoritarian collectivism in the murder of Joseph Smith, and the refusal to admit Utah as a state until they totally submitted to the rest of the Americas cultural values. the way the Confederacy reduced States rights, Lincoln's conscription with the opt out for rich people. We see it in the whole Jim Crow set up and its lynching culture. We see it the Prohibition saga. We saw it at Kent State. We saw it the mass support for torture and incarceration without trial after 9/11. We see it in the hysteria over flag burning and people taking the knee when the national anthem is played at football matches. I don't support BLM, but I most certainly support anyone who resists America's culture of collectivist authoritarian flag worship.

The violent intolerant, woke lynch mob culture of America's Liberal Universities is entirely with the traditional American way, its just that the totems they are defending have changed.


Any form of government is authoritarian. If I do not pay taxes I go to jail in any democracy in the world. Most societies have rules in place. I am amazed 99.9999% of people stop at a red light. The opposite------a society with no government would be chaos.

Leviathan or The Matter, Forme and Power of a Commonwealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil, commonly referred to as Leviathan, is a book written by Thomas Hobbes (1588–1679) and published in 1651 (revised Latin edition 1668). Hobbes wrote that civil war and the brute situation of a state of nature ("the war of all against all") could be avoided only by strong, undivided government.
WIKI
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123018
Pants-of-dog wrote:Ignoring conservatives and their ignorance about socialism, I would like to know how many violent racist acts were inspired by Trump.

POD

If you have NOTHING to say I suggest you do not post. Abraham Lincoln had a quote about people like you.
By Pants-of-dog
#15123021

    This Essay empirically evaluates the relationship between Donald Trump’s rise to power and the recent increase in reported hate crimes. A number of critics predicted that President Trump’s divisive rhetoric during the presidential campaign and his subsequent election would embolden hate crime perpetrators, thereby contributing to more hate crimes. Media commentators have dubbed this the Trump Effect.

    We find compelling evidence to support the Trump Effect hypothesis. Using time series analysis, we show that Donald Trump’s election in November of 2016 was associated with a statistically significant surge in reported hate crimes across the United States, even when controlling for alternative explanations. Further, by using panel regression techniques, we show that counties that voted for President Trump by the widest margins in the presidential election also experienced the largest increases in reported hate crimes.

    Using the data from this study, we offer a novel theory that builds on the existing literature on the causes of hate crimes. We hypothesize that it was not just Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric throughout the political campaign that caused hate crimes to increase. Rather, we argue that it was Trump’s subsequent election as President of the United States that validated this rhetoric in the eyes of perpetrators and fueled the hate crime surge.


https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3102652

Apparently, number of racist incidents caused by Trump is so large that it is statistically significant.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123027
Pants-of-dog wrote:

    This Essay empirically evaluates the relationship between Donald Trump’s rise to power and the recent increase in reported hate crimes. A number of critics predicted that President Trump’s divisive rhetoric during the presidential campaign and his subsequent election would embolden hate crime perpetrators, thereby contributing to more hate crimes. Media commentators have dubbed this the Trump Effect.

    We find compelling evidence to support the Trump Effect hypothesis. Using time series analysis, we show that Donald Trump’s election in November of 2016 was associated with a statistically significant surge in reported hate crimes across the United States, even when controlling for alternative explanations. Further, by using panel regression techniques, we show that counties that voted for President Trump by the widest margins in the presidential election also experienced the largest increases in reported hate crimes.

    Using the data from this study, we offer a novel theory that builds on the existing literature on the causes of hate crimes. We hypothesize that it was not just Trump’s inflammatory rhetoric throughout the political campaign that caused hate crimes to increase. Rather, we argue that it was Trump’s subsequent election as President of the United States that validated this rhetoric in the eyes of perpetrators and fueled the hate crime surge.


https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3102652

Apparently, number of racist incidents caused by Trump is so large that it is statistically significant.


The destruction, looting, burning or private property, hate, and shooting and murder of police officers inspired by BLM is of much greater magnitude.
#15123030
Trump and his supporters also like to point fingers at minorities and the problems they supposedly cause in order to justify their politics.

So Trump supporters who are likely to lean towards fascism would want to justify police violence by pointing at “thugs” who are rioting.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123039
Pants-of-dog wrote:Trump and his supporters also like to point fingers at minorities and the problems they supposedly cause in order to justify their politics.

So Trump supporters who are likely to lean towards fascism would want to justify police violence by pointing at “thugs” who are rioting.

The USA is a Republic
P
O
D

This is not a fascist state.
User avatar
By KurtFF8
#15123040
Julian658 wrote:The destruction, looting, burning or private property, hate, and shooting and murder of police officers inspired by BLM is of much greater magnitude.


You're living in a fantasy world if you believe this is actually true.
By Pants-of-dog
#15123044
Julian658 wrote:The USA is a Republic
P
O
D

This is not a fascist state.


Sure, never claimed otherwise.

And you do not seem to disagree that Trump supporters exhibit the fascist trait of justifying state violence by accusing minorities of being uncivilised.

Let us move on to another fascist trait: the perpetuation of the myth that the nation was once magnificent and awesome, and that the strong leader can br8ng that back.

in other words, “Make America Great Again”.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123045
KurtFF8 wrote:You're living in a fantasy world if you believe this is actually true.

Do you think all the video of the looting, fires, and vandalism was doctored? How about the cops that were shot? All lies?
#15123046
Julian658 wrote:Do you think all the video of the looting, fires, and vandalism was doctored? How about the cops that were shot? All lies?


The percent of BLM protests where protestors were violent or caused property damage is about 7%.

The percentage of BLM protests where police were violent is about 30%.

So in that 23% difference, we see the state using violence to silence political dissidents.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123049
It looked more than 7% POD. Sadly that massive destruction of property and violence causes harm to the massage of anti racism.

Why does BLM has so much emphasis on other issues unrelated to racism? That also detracts from the message.
#15123050
Julian658 wrote:It looked more than 7% POD.


If you think it looks like more, it may be due to media portrayals of protesters as rioters.

Many US residents (42%) incorrectly believe that the majority of protesters are violent, but the actual percentage of protests that are associated with violence or vandalism is 7%.

This 7% also includes peaceful protests where monuments were torn down.

Sadly that massive destruction of property and violence causes harm to the massage of anti racism.

Why does BLM has so much emphasis on other issues unrelated to racism? That also detracts from the message.


Tone policing.


    Tone policing (also tone trolling, tone argument, and tone fallacy) is an ad hominem (personal attack) and anti-debate tactic based on criticizing a person for expressing emotion. Tone policing detracts from the validity of a statement by attacking the tone in which it was presented rather than the message itself.[1]

    The notion of tone policing became widespread in U.S. social activist circles by the mid-2010s. It was widely disseminated in a 2015 comic issued by the Everyday Feminism website. Many activists argued that tone policing was regularly employed against feminist and Black Lives Matter advocates, criticizing the way that they presented their arguments rather than engaging with the arguments themselves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing
User avatar
By Julian658
#15123054
I saw the BLM website a long time ago and it had a lot of emphasis on black transgender people. What is up with that ? Why dilute the message with other issues? There was a clear anti West philosophy with Marxist undertones. That dilutes the message of anti racism. Why had BLM allowed the antifa anarchists to do violent acts? In the end there are some BLM types that are blamed for the violence of Antifa. Jesses Jackson begged the protesters to be pacific as he understood the violence plays into the hands of Trump. So far the right wing lunatics have done very little as BLM is doing all the work to discredit the movement.
#15123079
I see that @Julian658 (and perhaps other conservatives) would rather talk about how BLM is not marketing itself properly to them, instead of discussing how Trump enables fascist tendencies in the US electorate.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 15
Racism definition & use

My view is simpler than that. Of course I am old[…]

Only 25.000 people got vaccinated in Norway. Ther[…]

Selfish careerism is sometimes self-destructive a[…]

We are on the verge of industrial climate apoca[…]