A lot of our "luxuries" are just squeaky toys - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15170626
QatzelOk wrote:Even pets who have tons of high-end squeaky toys, and who eat the best canned organic food you can buy... are still *kidnapped and imprisoned in a box*.

This goes against all their instincts and leads to *a life of neuroses*.

If this doesn't look like mistreatment to you, it's because we've been conditioned to accept and approve of mistreatment of nature in general. And this includes mistreating ourselves and living our lives enveloped within neuroses, just like *our animal possessions* do.

Domesticated animals have been bread through many generations to be adapted to domestication. It's why a border collie usually makes a better pet than a wolf.

Speaking of border collies, at the farm where I work live two boarder collies, and a German Shepard. I'll grant you the German Shepard is a little neurotic, but he is only 6 months old, still growing into his own, and still learning the rules of the road. You'll say that dog training is unhealthy for the dog and unnatural, and you may have an argument there, an argument which I disagree with, but sure, it can be debated. At the end of the day, these dogs all run around all day, and get to eat plenty. The main reason the German Sheppard is confined to the smaller yard is that he doesn't know better yet than to escape through the possibly left open gate and get hit by a car.

I just set my rabbit down to type this message. But my rabbit definitely enjoys absorbing my body heat and being petted. He greets me every time I drive up, but indeed, he is wanting carrots.

I'm going to have to give a hard no on this notion of keeping pets being evil. My rabbit is sort of a pet, but sort of livestock. I built his cage out of rough boards, I rived using steal and oak wedges (the latter which I carved, the trees which I cut down with axes and bow saws, and the roof is made of bark, which I stripped from a dead cedar tree I chopped down). Next, I figured, what's a rabbit hutch without a rabbit, so I went to my local farm store and bought a rabbit.

I treat him pretty well. I give him plenty of vegetables and wild leaves. And I take him out to chill. He seems pretty okay in his cage most the time. And I don't give him too many carrots, either.

I get where you were sorta going here, and there are grannuals of truth, but I pretty much disagree all in all.
#15170635
I just fed my rabbit some poison oak. He really liked it. Deer and goats eat poison oak. Rabbits probably do too, well, apparently they do.

Hopefully he doesn't have like a reaction to it.

I usually get poison oak until I stop getting it, I acquire immunity to it.

I don't fear poison oak, I do get it, but then I get immune, mostly at least, I still get little patches.

I didn't just abuse my rabbit by feeding him poison oak. He should be able to handle it. He devoured it.
#15170922
Crantag wrote:I just fed my rabbit some poison oak. He really liked it. Deer and goats eat poison oak. Rabbits probably do too, well, apparently they do.

It's like managing a major league team, isn't it. You actually "own and control" the destinies of other creatures.

"Which players are doing too much cocaine?" is a question a concerned owner of other humans might ask.

The pet owner worries about the flabbiness of his cat, or that his dog is always chewing the fur off his tail.

...

Image
Doha's central districts don't look like a city, so much as a pile of squeaky toy buildings that someone threw into a pile.

Are *mirrored-glass perfume bottle skyscrapers*... an example of a Late-Modern squeaky toy? Have skyscrapers always been primarily a squeaky toy?

Are cities like Dubai, Doha, Las Vegas, Orlando ... examples of "city as squeaky-toy?"
#15170929
QatzelOk wrote:Even pets who have tons of high-end squeaky toys, and who eat the best canned organic food you can buy... are still *kidnapped and imprisoned in a box*.

This goes against all their instincts and leads to *a life of neuroses*.

If this doesn't look like mistreatment to you, it's because we've been conditioned to accept and approve of mistreatment of nature in general. And this includes mistreating ourselves and living our lives enveloped within neuroses, just like *our animal possessions* do.


OK, so which dogs have the best life? Choose the best answer.
1. Stray dogs
2. Wild dogs
3. Pet dogs
4. Both 1 and 2 are correct.
#15170962
QatzelOk wrote:It's like managing a major league team, isn't it. You actually "own and control" the destinies of other creatures.

"Which players are doing too much cocaine?" is a question a concerned owner of other humans might ask.

The pet owner worries about the flabbiness of his cat, or that his dog is always chewing the fur off his tail.

...

Image
Doha's central districts don't look like a city, so much as a pile of squeaky toy buildings that someone threw into a pile.

Are *mirrored-glass perfume bottle skyscrapers*... an example of a Late-Modern squeaky toy? Have skyscrapers always been primarily a squeaky toy?

Are cities like Dubai, Doha, Las Vegas, Orlando ... examples of "city as squeaky-toy?"

I sorta agree in a way. Again, humans are obviously the most domesticated of all. I think it is terrible.

Like I said, humans in their quest to domesticate everything they could, domesticated themselves the most.

A cow is branded. A person is given a social security number. They are both chattel cattle of a sort.
#15171185
Julian658 wrote:OK, so which dogs have the best life? Choose the best answer.
1. Stray dogs
2. Wild dogs
3. Pet dogs
4. Both 1 and 2 are correct.


2. Wild dogs (otherwise known as wolves, coyotes, etc.)

The others - the domesticated breeds - are all the human product of forced canine incest.

You have to *kidnap and imprison* other canines in order to get them to *procreate through incest* exclusively.

And these centuries of incest have made them survival-retarded. Literally. They can't survive because the incest has made them too stupid.

Instead of living natural lives and working towards their own survival, they interact isolated from other dogs with squeaky toys.

...

Crantag wrote:I sorta agree in a way. Again, humans are obviously the most domesticated of all.


With the most developed hierarchies of specialization and of squeaky toys.

When humans visit one another, they often show off their squeaky toys to their guests.

"Look, we repainted the pool and had the deck rebuilt out of Himalyan Pine." *squeak squeak*
#15171188
QatzelOk wrote:2. Wild dogs (otherwise known as wolves, coyotes, etc.)

The others - the domesticated breeds - are all the human product of forced canine incest.

You have to *kidnap and imprison* other canines in order to get them to *procreate through incest* exclusively.

And these centuries of incest have made them survival-retarded. Literally. They can't survive because the incest has made them too stupid.

Instead of living natural lives and working towards their own survival, they interact isolated from other dogs with squeaky toys.


Wow! I agree with you 100%!
Do you realize you sound like a capitalist? That would be allowing humans to fend for themselves instead of being in the care of the state.
Do you know what happens to animals in the zoo (or humans in a welfare state)? They lose the ability to survive on their own.
...
#15171193
But yet, we ain't going to end domestication of animals, much less domestication of humans, by bitching about it, and I as I've said aren't one that thinks there is really anything wrong with keeping animals. It's good if the animal has some kind of use though. Also, domesticated animals really don't know any better. And we are all domesticated, us humans. Also, on the fact checking front, human bands in the woods are probably more inbred than humans in modern society.

And it may well be that bands of wolves and shit are often quite inbred, but I don't know.

We being born into this human society, my approach is to not dwell on it too much if I can help it, but I do dwell on it.

But next up, recognize that I am part of this human society, I also recognize that keeping animals is an indispensable part of human civilization. There would be no society without the initial nomadic sheep herders. And there'd be no society either without the settled agriculture and husbandry.

You can bitch about it, or just say fuck it.

However, there is also symbiosis between humans and the animals they keep.

And, I even think humans and dogs are perhaps symbiotic species. Dogs might have domesticated themselves, just like humans did.
#15171541
Julian658 wrote:Wow! I agree with you 100%!
Do you realize you sound like a capitalist?

No I don't.

Capitalism is a system that requires dog-like obedience to masters. Any system that breaks humanity down into specializations with different income levels and life expectancies... is creating dog species.

Crantag wrote:...keeping animals. ...It's good if the animal has some kind of use though. ...Also, domesticated animals really don't know any better. And we are all domesticated, us humans.

So "as long as the animal is being used" it's okay to kidnap and enslave animals? And "they are too stupid to know what it going on" makes this acceptable behavior to you?

Now THAT sounds like capitalism.

I think Jeffrey Dahmer - the famous human-resources-capitalist - might have agreed with you as he took care to "drill holes in his victims heads" so that they were "too stupid" to realize he was exploiting them (aka. "finding a use for his kidnap victims).

Their brain-tramau-induced stupidity made them more reliable "squeaky toys."
#15171551
QatzelOk wrote:No I don't.

Capitalism is a system that requires dog-like obedience to masters. Any system that breaks humanity down into specializations with different income levels and life expectancies... is creating dog species.



Socialism requires absolute obedience to collectivism. Individualism is much closer to freedom.
A hierarchy of income is much closer to freedom than a state that requires equality. The only instance where predator and prey are equal is in the zoo. And there is no freedom in the zoo.
#15171604
Julian658 wrote:Socialism requires absolute obedience to collectivism.

So does the capitalist system from which most socialist societies were birthed.

Dog-like obedience to a hierarchy is something that post-capitalist societies have a hard time eradicating, especially if these societies are addicted to *technologies that require crushing human nature.*

Squeaky toys are an attempt - by the top-layers in the hierarchy - to replace what was once "natural life fulfillment" with something plastic that you can make money off of.

Who needs the freedom to form a community, have many social contacts, and lots of time to spend with friends and family - when you can have a series of increasingly distracting squeaky toys.
Big Vehicles: War Wagons

We should eliminate single vehicles for commuting[…]

So even if you’re uncomfortable with President Bi[…]

However, what do you make of unions successfully […]

Self clarification

Something I wish to keep a hold of: The big ques[…]