What does "We need better messaging" mean? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Steve_American wrote:I know what he means.
Obama said it when he was leaving the WH after upstaging Biden in his own home. Obama was asked something like, "What do the Dems need to do to win elections?"
BTW -- he is wrong. The Dems need to deliver some real benefits to a few large groups of voters. Biden can do a lot with executive orders, but refuses to do it.

You can print money. You can't print food.
BlutoSays wrote:You can print money. You can't print food.
by

Yes, this is the point of MMT. Real things are real, but money is created by key strokes made on the right computers. I'm glad you have finally accepted this element of our current reality.

The US Gov. can create dollars and distribute them to the workers' families, but if there is not enough food this will not help much. OTOH, in the current situation the US can buy food from poor nations and make their people go hungry. So, giving dollars to Americans will help food importers to import more.

Is it moral? Who knows?

If the doom predictors are close to right, then sort of soon there will be no moral way to live and the only moral thing to do will be to suicide. Most people will choose immorality over death.

Liberia is not indistinguishable from other Afric[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

I don't put all the blame on Taiwan. I've said 10[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afghanistan defeated the USSR, we are not talking[…]