Excellent quotes you endorse? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Old_Hat wrote:By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself. Thank you, thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day they'll take root. I don't know. You try. You do what you can. Kill yourselves. Seriously though, if you are, do. No really, there's no rationalisation for what you do, and you are Satan's little helpers, OK? Kill yourselves, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good. Seriously, no, this is not a joke. "There's gonna be a joke coming..." There's no fucking joke coming, you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage, you are fucked and you are fucking us, kill yourselves, it's the only way to save your fucking soul. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Bill Hicks

Hat...

Unless one is trying to sell a product that cures selfishness and stupidity... then yes... they are all useless liars with nothing meaningful at all to offer.
Killing greedy people who live to pull a fast one on others will certainly eliminate the over population problem.
Yippie!
Last edited by joeylyrics on 10 Nov 2012 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
Stormsmith wrote:How in the wide world of sports does this guy manage to derail thread after thread to engage in his own fetish:

Gay sex.

Give it a rest, Joey.

‘It doesn’t matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don’t do it in the street and frighten the horses.’
- Duchess of Jermyn Street

Storm...

Why is it good enough for Duchess to say but despised of when I say it?
By the way... this guy will never quit speaking his mind to those who keep egging him on.
The only real fetish I have is to get under the skin of those who get under mine.
The only time I'll give it a rest is when I had finally rested my case.
Those who feel the need to come on back around to challenge me yet again... my natural instinct is to put the gloves back on and go in for yet another round just to knock them and their far fetched fantasies back down to the ground.

joeylyrics wrote:Why is it good enough for Duchess to say but despised of when I say it?

She's succinct, amusing, non-judgemental and pro horse. You're none of those things.
Joey

Why don't you take your foolish homophobic bullshit elsewhere?

This was a nice thread until you posted your bigoted nonsense on it.

All you will find here is pity or scorn.
joeylyrics wrote:Yes... careless adults with child minded mentalities are responsible for such stupidity.

You have no idea what it is like to be a young person who has same-sex attractions while not knowing that it means anything.

I can assure you that most children have no idea what it is that they are feeling. I know that from experience, since I have been a child.

Since you are a heterosexual homophobe, you have no idea what you are talking about because you have never been through it, and you've never cared to ask.
How in the wide world of sports does this guy manage to derail thread after thread to engage in his own fetish:

Gay sex.

Give it a rest, Joey.

I'm quite unsure, but it seems to be becoming a (rather tedious) habit. The counter arguments are always rather good, but it gets quite tiresome to hear the repetitive and regurgitated ignorance on the topic of homosexuality. I don't bother to address Joey's points, but I read through them occasionally and they do not impress me.

Joey, why not simply create a separate discussion for that particular issue rather than hijack one quite unrelated?
Well, I suppose if everyone manages to keep their passions under wraps, it wouldn't necessarily be a troublesome issue.

The question is whether or not Joey could refrain from simply using derogatory attacks to slander an entire orientation and instead make use of the opportunity for rational debate on the topic, as it seems to be an extreme interest for him for some unknown reason.
Oh it usually devolves into his rather...vivid...description of monkey rape being the source of AIDS that kills the few threads he tried to start.
A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me - Frederick Douglass
In other words: nobody can ever truely insult you, and you cant truely insult anyone, ever. Maybe not truely political as such, but politics entails a lot of talking and a lot of insults.
"Why are you so bent on countering these idiot leaflets?"

"Because I'm tired of working for candidates who make me think that I should be embarrassed to believe what I believe, Sam! I'm tired of getting them elected! We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said, 'Liberal' means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to go to work if they don't want to!' And instead of saying, 'Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice, pro-gun, Leave It To Beaver trip back to the Fifties...!', we cowered in the corner, and said, 'Please. Don't. Hurt. Me.' No more. I really don't care who's right, who's wrong. We're both right. We're both wrong. Let's have two parties, huh? What do you say? "

~Ron Silver as Bruno Gianelli in The West Wing

Video form:

[youtube]aL8aKMaOewE[/youtube]
“You wretches (peasants) are detestable both on land and on sea. You seek equality with the lords, but you are unworthy to live. Give this message to your fellows: rustics you are, and rustics you will always be. You will remain in bondage, not as before, but incomparably harsher. For as long as we live we will strive to suppress you, and your misery will be an example to prosperity.” - Richard II

“…everyone but an idiot knows that the lower classes must be kept poor, or they will never be industrious.” - Arthur Young; 1771

I don't endorse these quotes, but I like them because they provide a glimpse into the Conservative mind.

I'm a student of Conservatism.
One more for your collection, Jeliza:

All civilization rests upon the executioner… He is the horror and bond of human association… Remove this incomprehensible agent from the world, and at that very moment, order gives way to chaos, thrones topple, and society disappears. - Joseph de Maistre (1821)
Giving government money and power is like giving car keys and whiskey to a teenage boy — P.J. O’Rourke

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators. — P.J. O’Rourke

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. — P.J. O’Rourke

You say we [reporters] are distracting from the business of government. Well, I hope so. Distracting a politician from governing is like distracting a bear from eating your baby. — P. J. O’Rourke

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it’s free. — P.J. O’Rourke

If government were a product, selling it would be illegal. — P.J. O’Rourke

You'll note that politicians no longer spend money, they invest it. Don't worry about paying more to the [IRS]. You aren't being taxed; you're taking a plunge on a fly-by-night stock issue. — P.J. O’Rourke

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. — PJ O’Rourke

The whole idea of our government is this: If enough people get together and act in concert, they can take something and not pay for it. — P.J. O’Rourke

You can’t get rid of poverty by giving people money. – P.J. O’Rourke

One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it’s remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver’s license. — P.J. O’Rourke

The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don’t go there they shoot you. – P.J. O’Rourke

Bringing the government in to run Wall Street is like saying, “Dad burned the dinner, let’s get the dog to cook." – P.J. O’Rourke

America wasn't founded so that we could all be better. America was founded so we could all be anything we damn well please. – P.J. O’Rourke

There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as “caring” and “sensitive” because he wants to expand the government’s charitable programs is merely saying that he’s willing to try to do good with other people’s money. Well, who isn’t? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he’ll do good with his own money — if a gun is held to his head. — P.J. O’Rourke

Liberalism is just Communism sold by the drink. – P.J. O’Rourke

Say what you want about the Nazis, no woman has ever had a fantasy about being tied up and beaten by a man dressed as a liberal. – P.J. O’Rourke

Phred

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]