World Population - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Mild necroposting has been permitted because it has always been mild but since it is growing into a bane it will no longer be tolerated.

Moderators are therefore advised to initially move necroposts into stand-alone threads and for repeat offenders to hand out official warnings if said posters continue the practice.
All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

User avatar
By Know It All
#14775105
Forget Fascism, forget liberalism, forget mass immigration, you can even forget Islam, this is by far the biggest issue effecting our planet.

At the point of writing this the world population is approaching 7.5 billion. There have been 150,000 births today, and it's only 9.08 am in the UK. It's not even mid February and there have been just under 16.5 million births. The population growth so far this year is over 9.4 million. To every two people that die three are born. Scary, isn't it, and if you don't believe me, watch the this clock, http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/.

Mankind believes it's God, and have taken the decision to control other species at will. We will happily shoot rabbits, deer, and badgers, because we think there are to many, yet our own specie is far more overpopulated than the aforementioned creatures. Despite the desperate overpopulation, western societies still spends millions of pounds/dollars on ensuring couples can produce even more children. We still invent drugs to prevent us from dying at a sensible age, and mainly to the cost of the tax payer (well, in the UK anyway). The only country ever to tackle this was China, and because of an aging population even they are allowing couples to have two children. Many countries such as the U.K and U.S have removed the taboo away from single young women who have babies, and thus even more children are born.

This isn't a matter of space, it's a matter of resources. The majority of the world's area is inhabitable, and can be used for very little. We need vast areas of land for trees so we have the correct oxygen levels, and the water table is always a factor. We also need huge areas for both arable and live stock farming. We are still reliant on fossil fuels, and in all honesty are absolutely no closer to managing on green alternatives than we ever were. I once read that the maximum comfortable population should be about 4 billion, but I appreciate this is subjective. The fact is that there are far to many people on the planet, and the problem is getting worse. What's more concerning is that there isn't a single country with a government that has the balls to admit this, albeit they all really know the truth. If any country openly admitted the truth, they would in turn be obliged to make suggestions on how to control what is happening. Governments rarely look more than a few years ahead, so their attitudes tend to be "what the heck, it's not our problem". Unfortunately there are probably no palatable ways on tackling this, so it all gets pushed under the carpet.

We have a situation where more children have to be produced because the aging population requires looking after, both financially and from a care perspective. A mass cull of old people and a forced euthanasia program would sort this out, however that is never going to happen, so that conversation ends here. Reducing the amount of children people can have will only change the demographic, and we will have an even older population and an insufficient work force. On top of that, many western countries have decided to have open door policies, so people from poorer countries emigrate in mass, in turn the worlds population is becoming even more poorly spread out, and in countries where people traditionally died younger, they now live to a ripe old age.

Unfortunately I offer no realistic answers to the problems, however I will not accept that this problem doesn't exist, I will not accept that human beings are so resourceful we will come up with an answer, and I will not accept nature will sort things out for us either.

Any ideas ???????
Last edited by Know It All on 12 Feb 2017 09:58, edited 2 times in total.
By Tewodros III
#14775117
Know It All wrote:
Please explain


Well you know how in first world countries the quality is good meaning people will most likely not have children imagine that everywhere.
User avatar
By Know It All
#14775122
Tewodros III wrote:Well you know how in first world countries the quality is good meaning people will most likely not have children imagine that everywhere.


Sorry, that didn't make sense. What is true is that responsible people tend to have less children than the underclass, and this changes the demographic in a negative way. However, that isn't the point of the thread, but a good thread for another day perhaps.
By Tewodros III
#14775125
Know It All wrote:
Sorry, that didn't make sense. What is true is that responsible people tend to have less children than the underclass, and this changes the demographic in a negative way. However, that isn't the point of the thread, but a good thread for another day perhaps.


The quality in European life(first world) is very high, their access to medicine is why their Pop is declining. Make the same everywhere else and their Pop will also decline, also their would be less immigration. How to do this: Communism.
User avatar
By Know It All
#14775131
Tewodros III wrote:The quality in European life(first world) is very high, their access to medicine is why their Pop is declining. Make the same everywhere else and their Pop will also decline, also their would be less immigration. How to do this: Communism.


Are you mad, the population in western Europe is growing at a rate of knots. What ever makes you think it is declining. The growth rate in the U.S is 0.7% and the U.K 0.6%. In a small country (the U.K that is) that means that our population will rise by over 400000 tihs year. The largest town in the UK has a population of about 260,00, that means our growth this year will be nearly two of those. That's scary !!
User avatar
By One Degree
#14775134
We have a situation where more children have to be produced because the aging population requires looking after, both financially and from a care perspective.


This is the argument Capitalists use to discourage population control. The realistic, but short term unfair solution, is to suffer for 10-20 years while the older population dies off. Attempting to postpone this serves no purpose at all. Someone must bite the bullet sometime.
We will never succeed if we keep looking at it as a world wide problem. Individual nations must place a limit on their own populations and allow those to suffer who refuse to do so. This is why immigration control is essential.
The message will become clear to others very quickly if they are not allowed to run away from their overcrowded countries.
User avatar
By anarchist23
#14775136
The population will stabilise and contraception will be the norm. Education will accelerate the process and technology will replace the need to have large families. Look at China and what has happened there. Fifty years ago there were predictions that China's population would be mega, it didn't happen.
By anasawad
#14775140
The world currently produced enough goods and food for over 10 billion people, with many of it going to waste unfortunatly but nevertheless we have more than enough to handle population.
And with the advancement of technology specially artificial environments and 3d printing, population growths becomes no longer a problem.
It used to be a problem with older technologies but not now.
User avatar
By One Degree
#14775141
anarchist23 wrote:The population will stabilise and contraception will be the norm. Education will accelerate the process and technology will replace the need to have large families. Look at China and what has happened there. Fifty years ago there were predictions that China's population would be mega, it didn't happen.


Not as long as Capitalist need labor and customers. China still has more people than the entire world should probably have. :( Look at the abuse they have taken from the rest of the world for their efforts, and tell me everything will work out. You can not ignore the capitalist pressure for continued growth. It must be confronted and fought.
By B0ycey
#14775142
Know It All wrote:Are you mad, the population in western Europe is growing at a rate of knots. What ever makes you think it is declining. The growth rate in the U.S is 0.7% and the U.K 0.6%. In a small country (the U.K that is) that means that our population will rise by over 400000 tihs year. The largest town in the UK has a population of about 260,00, that means our growth this year will be nearly two of those. That's scary !!


Your topic began as world population, not UK net migration. UK birth rate is 1.92 and Europe's average is lower.

But putting that to one side, I do agree the world does need to put paramount importance to this issue. Better world birth control policies or education to the poorer world regions might address this. However, and this is important, today the world actually produced enough food for everyone. But because of the wealth and gultenous greed of western powers (mainly US), food consumption globally is not spread out fairly.

As for nature 'sorting this out', this is not actually against the realm of possibility. We are long over due a world pandemic. But of course you could help the world out rather than suggest a mass cull of older people. You are after all in control of your own destiny. Rope isn't that expensive.
User avatar
By Know It All
#14775146
anarchist23 wrote:The population will stabilise and contraception will be the norm. Education will accelerate the process and technology will replace the need to have large families. Look at China and what has happened there. Fifty years ago there were predictions that China's population would be mega, it didn't happen.


Sorry, I disagree. The fastest growing population by a mile is the Muslim population, and they don't bother with contraception. The same can be said for Catholics. It is a good point you make that technology reduces the need for a large work force, however with that comes other problems. Our population would still continue to grow at the same rate if not controlled, how the demographic would change and the population would become even older. I'm sure I don't need to explain the implications here.
User avatar
By anarchist23
#14775148
One Degree wrote:Not as long as Capitalist need labor and customers. China still has more people than the entire world should probably have. :( Look at the abuse they have taken from the rest of the world for their efforts, and tell me everything will work out. You can not ignore the capitalist pressure for continued growth. It must be confronted and fought.


Sorry, I disagree. The fastest growing population by a mile is the Muslim population, and they don't bother with contraception. The same can be said for Catholics. It is a good point you make that technology reduces the need for a large work force, however with that comes other problems. Our population would still continue to grow at the same rate if not controlled, how the demographic would change and the population would become even older. I'm sure I don't need to explain the implications here.



Like everything capitalism will morph into something else, mutate.
Necessity is the mother of invention. lol
By Tewodros III
#14775152
Know It All wrote:
Are you mad, the population in western Europe is growing at a rate of knots. What ever makes you think it is declining. The growth rate in the U.S is 0.7% and the U.K 0.6%. In a small country (the U.K that is) that means that our population will rise by over 400000 tihs year. The largest town in the UK has a population of about 260,00, that means our growth this year will be nearly two of those. That's scary !!


Weren't you the one complaining of white decline in one topic, now saying the opposite.
User avatar
By Know It All
#14775153
B0ycey wrote:Your topic began as world population, not UK net migration. UK birth rate is 1.92 and Europe's average is lower.



Sorry, I think you misunderstood my figures. The population is increasing by 0.6% in the U.K, that isn't the average birth rate. Our increase in population (as in the U.S) is largely driven by people living longer and mass immigration. That said, the world's population is growing at an alarming rate, as per the link I left on the initial thread.
User avatar
By Know It All
#14775156
Tewodros III wrote:Weren't you the one complaining of white decline in one topic, now saying the opposite.


Nope. I am not that happy with the change in demographics, but that has nothing to do with the topic. The world has a population problem, and I am not breaking it down into colour, culture or religion.
By Tewodros III
#14775158
Know It All wrote:
Nope. I am not that happy with the change in demographics, but that has nothing to do with the topic. The world has a population problem, and I am not breaking it down into colour, culture or religion.


Right, and I said if all the world achieve first world status, it would solve the problem. Really, this should be done through socialism, capitalism will cause refugees and wars.
User avatar
By One Degree
#14775159
Tewodros III wrote:Right, and I said if all the world achieve first world status, it would solve the problem. Really, this should be done through socialism, capitalism will cause refugees and wars.


This is just wishful thinking by those who place too much confidence in science. The Earth has finite resources and therefore can not support infinite population. Global warming, starvation, poverty, war, are all compounded by any increase in population. Any decrease in population will make all of these problems better and easier to solve.
By Tewodros III
#14775162
One Degree wrote:
This is just wishful thinking by those who place too much confidence in science. The Earth has finite resources and therefore can not support infinite population. Global warming, starvation, poverty, war, are all compounded by any increase in population. Any decrease in population will make all of these problems better and easier to solve.


That's the point, first world status=decline of population.

Why do they not look for Israel's meddling in US p[…]

Oh the hypocrisy! Who's the 'snowflake' again? h[…]

The Coming Republican Quagmire

I bring this up repeatedly................. the p[…]

What should England do?

@stephen50right @Political Interest Just beca[…]