World Population - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Pants-of-dog
Know It All wrote:Sorry, I thought this was a debating site, and not a "who can be clever" site. My point is that people generalise by nature, and sweeping statements are the norm for most people.

This is a debating site. In debating, people point out the fallacies of tye arguments of others. Here you are indulging in the fallacy of an argument from popularity. No, things do not become true just because a lot of people believe it. In this case, generalising does not become smart just because a lot of people generalise.
By Know It All
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is a debating site. In debating, people point out the fallacies of tye arguments of others. Here you are indulging in the fallacy of an argument from popularity. No, things do not become true just because a lot of people believe it. In this case, generalising does not become smart just because a lot of people generalise.

That's just pompous gobbledygook. Debating requires both fact and opinion. It is my belief that opinion generated debate is far more fun, generalising is very much a part of that. If you don't want to generalise that's completely up to you, but I will continue to do so. Here are a few examples of generalising

1) Women were born to nag
2) Nigerians are crooks
3) The Irish are stupid
4) Scots are mean
5) The Dutch are friendly
6) Russians are arrogant
7) Muslims are terrorists
8) The French are a bit smelly
9) Arsenal supporters were mislead as children
10) Liberals love everything normal people hate.
By Suntzu
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is a debating site. In debating, people point out the fallacies of tye arguments of others. Here you are indulging in the fallacy of an argument from popularity. No, things do not become true just because a lot of people believe it. In this case, generalising does not become smart just because a lot of people generalise.

So global warming is a hoax! :D
By Pants-of-dog
Know It All wrote:That's just pompous gobbledygook.

:roll:

Debating requires both fact and opinion. It is my belief that opinion generated debate is far more fun, generalising is very much a part of that. If you don't want to generalise that's completely up to you, but I will continue to do so. Here are a few examples of generalising

1) Women were born to nag
2) Nigerians are crooks
3) The Irish are stupid
4) Scots are mean
5) The Dutch are friendly
6) Russians are arrogant
7) Muslims are terrorists
8) The French are a bit smelly
9) Arsenal supporters were mislead as children
10) Liberals love everything normal people hate.

Okay, but none of this is intelligent or an argument.

Suntzu wrote:So global warming is a hoax! :D

And neither is this.

Wow. You guys are bad at this.
By Know It All
Pants-of-dog wrote::roll:

And neither is this.

I don't argue, I debate. Everything I have said is fact, I know because I googled it !!
By Suntzu
Pants-of-dog wrote::roll:

And neither is this.

Just declare victory and move on. :lol:
One Degree wrote:It would be nice to see a source for these claims.

It's not hard to find.
Also, where do you think the nutrients will come from for all these greenhouses?

Mining, desalinated sea water, and atmospheric CO2.
Math is one thing but finite resources are not dependent upon hypothetical math figures.

There is ample mineral wealth in the earth's crust to support greenhouse agriculture. It's not that different from current ground cover. It's just a question of how much of it we want to do, and when.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has always been this way, @QatzelOk . Zionists[…]

...You are a supporter of the genocide against th[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]