#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 63 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I think people who discuss men and women as being different, don’t understand either. They discuss the role we have decided to play rather than who we are. Like most ‘equality’ today, it is treated as ‘power over the other’ rather than a true acceptance of equality.
QatzelOk wrote:A woman in my neighborhood always grabs my sexy legs at parties.

I don't particularly like it, but I'd never punch her in the throat for something this harmless.

I just move away, and avoid her after she's had a few drinks.

Should I call the police instead next time, or simply immobilize her with a tazer myself?

My guess is you're more powerful than her so can defend yourself if need be and therefore these interactions you made up - about a straight neighbour hitting on a gay guy at parties - aren't very threatening. Not that I support the behaviour of the woman you made up and would tell her to back off or get fucked.

I'm amused so many took my punch-in-the-throat comment literally, since that's not something I or any woman I know have ever done when experiencing entitled boys. What I meant was that I'd have been very clear that what's happening is not appreciated, unless of course I was in a position to be beaten up or worse, in which case, I guess I could then add myself to the list of likely millions who've been assaulted/raped/killed by men.

snapdragon wrote:Stormsmith, you're wrong, If a boy goes around trying to feel up girls he's committing sexual assault, which is a crime.

It's neither a normal or an acceptable thing to do. We need to din that fact into our son's heads.

And stop blaming the victim.

This reminds me of how some old feminists had a go at young feminists not that long ago, doing the blame-the-victim type stuff at girls who were sexually assaulted while tipsy and in the homes of guys they barely knew.

While it's obviously a good idea to tell young women to be responsible when drinking, since we know what some guys are like, the blame should never be placed on women when they are assaulted or raped...by men. The older feminists lived through a time where there was less support or vocalization on what is today considered to be sexual assault or harassment, but the younger ones are growing up during the era of MeToo, where people can be punished for their crimes.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Hahhahahahhahhahahhahhahhahhahahahhahhahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha(deep breath)hahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahaha

I lol'd too.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, please.

I second this, although I would hope that Igor can point me in the direction of some data that proves his position that women in the West are today being uppity and love er....Islam.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Actually, I think people who blame women for all of society’s troubles are not getting any.
It is because you do not get it unlike Igor. Feminism has ruined harmony of relations between men and women. This in turn has ruined family relations which in turn has destabilized society as a whole. As our society is founded on the family.
Men "control" women in the same way as parents govern their children. Without men as authority women go astray. I'm sorry I did not create this world but it is this way.

And yes, thank you for rearing me. :D

Edit: And if you continue to disrespect me with altering my name I will begin to ignore you. If you can not tolerate my different view from that of feminism so you see to it that you need to punish me, it is your problem not mine.
https://ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/works/concluding-remarks.htm
The justice of women’s emancipation is a settled matter for anyone reading this. Let us look back over the last 50 years during which women have forced their way into the paid workforce and taken an increasingly equal role in social and political life. Almost all men who were around when this process began must have felt resentment in some degree. They are now expected to do housework, compete with women in their career and in the job market and can no longer expect women to listen with quiet respect to everything they have to say. “Tough!” we say, “Get used to it,” because the justice of women’s cause is undeniable, women are strong enough and numerous enough to make it happen, and we all benefit from the better world that men and women make together. No-one wants to go back. But the balance sheet is not entirely blank in debit column.

The movement of women out of domestic servitude into the economy has meant that labour formerly carried out by women within the sphere of the paternalistic family is now provided through the market. Rather than being determined by the needs of those in the household and whatever resources the wife/mother/daughter could muster, these functions are now determined by the needs of capital accumulation. Both partners now work to pay the bills; food purchased from supermarkets and fast food outlets has given us an obesity epidemic, neighbourhoods once held together by women’s networks have disintegrated socially – two in seven households are single persons living alone.

The emancipation of women is far from being the sole driver of this process of course, as the underlying changes in technology have strengthened distal relations at the expense of proximal relations, broken up single-industry neighbourhoods and fragmented the working class into innumerable strata intermediate between employer and employee – each in themselves also welcome changes in the social structure. The above negative outcomes have not been caused by the emancipation of women, but rather happened only because women’s emancipation happened under capitalism. And this remains true even if it is also true that women’s emancipation was only ever going to happen under capitalism because it is capitalism which dissolves tradition and creates modern conditions.

https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/pdfs/flourishing.pdf
The other site for the abuse of power in relation to women and children is the family. Families vary widely of course, and child abuse and domestic violence are by no means the norm, at least in our times. But where social conditions support a powerful role for the head of the household, and leave members of a family at the economic and legal mercy of the head of the household without the option of leaving or seeking the help of the police, then the father may acquire a powerful mystique which licences abuse. Each family is a project, but a project which may be closely tied to the personal project of its head as it was in times when the father enjoyed coverture over his wife and children, not to mention servants and tenants. To the extent that the family mirrors relations in the general community or is insulated from the general community, this little system of activity is for its members a self-concept, in which the subordinate members conceive themselves as subordinate concepts of the concept instantiated by the father figure. In this situation, the wife and children are but the limbs on the body of the father. What enjoys the approval of the father is good. Up to a point this is not in itself pathological. The little boy who works like a Trojan running errands for his father is not necessarily exploited. What counts as abuse or exploitation is historically variable. The young girl seduced by an older boy may suffer more than a young boy seduced by an older woman, but not so much because of the nature of the action itself, but because of the community which stigmatises the girl and lionises the male victim.

In all the above cases, the general rule is that it is only your collaborator who can really hurt you. One way or another, the norms of collaboration can be violated by utilising the mystique offered by playing a senior role in a project so as to exploit junior collaborators. Ancient projects like the patriarchy, which are deeply embedded in communities, have sedimented themselves in the form of concepts which normalise that which, when seen from a distance, is obviously exploitative and abusive.
Albert wrote:They are not. Even culturally women get away with more things then men.

Like what?

Even here you have shown to treat men on women groping different to that of women on men. Why do you apply different standards to men from women?

I said in my last post that women should be punished for shitty behaviour too.
Like many other species, the male human’s job was to protect and provide for his family. The family members safety depended upon obeying his direction. This natural tendency should not be distorted into an ‘abusive’ relationship. That is dishonest. It was a necessary role men performed. It did not mean they were abusive in their leadership, however we all know power corrupts some more than others.
Women were nurturers. Their entry into positions of authority has coincided with an over indulgent society imo. We now are suppose to feel sorry for every miscreant. Criminals are to be handled gently. This is not the way a father raised to be the protector feels about threats. Threats are to be eliminated.
So yes, I believe men and women are equal, but we should not close our eyes to our natural differences and the effects that can have on our society.
We definitely should not view men as naturally abusive because of the vital role they play. Read about the effects the lack of this ‘abusive male’ in a home has.
skinster wrote:This reminds me of how some old feminists had a go at young feminists not that long ago, doing the blame-the-victim type stuff at girls who were sexually assaulted while tipsy and in the homes of guys they barely knew. 

While it's obviously a good idea to tell young women to be responsible when drinking, since we know what some guys are like, the blame should never be placed on women when they are assaulted or raped...by men. The older feminists lived through a time where there was less support or vocalization on what is today considered to be sexual assault or harassment, but the younger ones are growing up during the era of MeToo, where people can be punished for their crimes.

I think you two are misconstruing me

I have never ever blamed the woman.

I think however, we can all agree that a few skills or actions can go a long way to prevent attacks. That's why we put locks on stuff. This isn't blaming a woman. It's empowering her.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]

Quote the relevant text. Well okay, this seems r[…]

If harassment is worthy of police action, then con[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]