"Propaganda, Facts and Fake News" - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:So what you're saying is that everyone lies, but Western liars do it better. :eh:

Likewise, with genocide. Everyone does genocide, but Westerners genocide better. :eh:

Yes to both statements, especially the first. Because you are so obsessed with attacking the West (who are the lesser evil here), I think you actually have this flaw worse than I do, and it is highly ironic for you to (apparently) suggest that no double-standard should be taken.
Patrickov wrote:Yes to both statements, especially the first. Because you are so obsessed with attacking the West (who are the lesser evil here), I think you actually have this flaw worse than I do, and it is highly ironic for you to (apparently) suggest that no double-standard should be taken.

I'm enjoying your agreement with "Westerners genocide better."

I wonder if anyone in the rest of the world is smart enough to prove you wrong.

They better get their crap together if they want to survive "us" and our superior ways of lying and genociding.
QatzelOk wrote:I'm enjoying your agreement with "Westerners genocide better."

At least most of them openly admit what has been done and believe their ancestors were wrong, unlike, say, Turks or (to a lesser extent) Japanese.
Patrickov wrote:At least most of them openly admit what has been done and believe their ancestors were wrong, unlike, say, Turks or (to a lesser extent) Japanese.

First Nations Genocide museums are popular where you live?

Do they get billion-dollar budgets?
QatzelOk wrote:First Nations Genocide museums are popular where you live?

No, but I think I visited one within 100 miles from where I live.
Thanks for posting those latest RIOT-TIME videos, skinster.

It seems that now that we're all financially vulnerable thanks to COVID media, it's time to trash our cities thanks to RIOT media.

And then the Elite 1% can fully justify martial law, and then any repressive measure can be justified by COVID + RIOTS.

(Elite 1%-owned) Mass media's ability to focus its viewers in on one single event... is only exceeded by its (bottom 99%) viewers' capacity to forgive its every lie and believe the next one as strongly as the one that preceeded it.

Left and right, we're all media sheep.
It's all-out warfare to control what you think. The scale is unprecedented in human history. The unthinking majority are hapless victims of the propaganda.

With free speech, there's not much that can be done, except be vigilant. Rightwingers are so disillusioned with the largely left-leaning MSM that their paranoia makes them assume conspiracy theories constantly. In dictatorship countries, things are much worse since the gov controls everything & use violence to enforce compliance.
The News Media Is Destroying Itself
A flurry of newsroom revolts has transformed the American press

Matt Taibbi

It feels liberating to say after years of tiptoeing around the fact, but the American left has lost its mind. It’s become a cowardly mob of upper-class social media addicts, Twitter Robespierres who move from discipline to discipline torching reputations and jobs with breathtaking casualness.

The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation. They are counting on the guilt-ridden, self-flagellating nature of traditional American progressives, who will not stand up for themselves, and will walk to the Razor voluntarily.

They’ve conned organization after organization into empowering panels to search out thoughtcrime, and it’s established now that anything can be an offense, from a UCLA professor placed under investigation for reading Martin Luther King’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” out loud to a data scientist fired* from a research firm for — get this — retweeting an academic study suggesting nonviolent protests may be more politically effective than violent ones!

Now, this madness is coming for journalism. Beginning on Friday, June 5th, a series of controversies rocked the media. By my count, at least eight news organizations dealt with internal uprisings (it was likely more). Most involved groups of reporters and staffers demanding the firing or reprimand of colleagues who’d made politically “problematic” editorial or social media decisions.

The New York Times, the Intercept, Vox, the Philadelphia Inquirier, Variety, and others saw challenges to management.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news- ... ing-itself
I figured out why CNN went from crappy corporate news to hitting the shits for the last 5 years. They have long trailed FOX News in ratings (which is a frightening fact), but during the 2016 election year they got a big ratings bump from their 24/7 Trump coverage. So post-election they just decided to change their coverage to constantly shitting on Trump every prime time evening (and day it seems). So basically CNN are corporate whores whose journalism is designed to generate ad dollars.

I assume FOX News is the way it is because Rupert Murdoch is an asswipe blowhard.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]