Living in an Issue - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By QatzelOk

I was born in an issue.

Yes, the country where I was born has a name. You probably hear it in your rich-country news every day. When the narrator says the name of my country, his eyebrows drop, his look becomes more serious, and it's obvious to you, the viewer, that "actions need to be taken to change this issue."

No one wants to live in an issue.

Living in an issue gives rich countries the right to drop experimental weapons on your play areas.

It allows smart rich people to go on TV and say that these campaigns of terror are "worth it."

Living in an issue means that rich people in other, faraway countries can exchange opinions that give a powerful thumbs down to the survival of people like me who've they've never met.

Living in an issue means that when GM lays off auto-workers in Detroit, replacement jobs can be created destroying the rudimentary infrastructure of my country...I mean, my issue in which I was born.

Sometimes, when thousands of children like me die, it actually makes those newscasters on TV smile and talk about how the "issue" has gotten slightly better (for you, the viewer, that is).

soundtrack
By QatzelOk
Currently and for the last decade, Venezuela has been an issue.

This means that TV viewers get negative vibes whenever that country is mentionned. It's clear in the TV viewer's mind that "something has to be done" there, whether that something is a stealth CIA terror campaign, the sabotaging of the economy by interests connected to the West and its oil companies and military contractors, sanctions, bombing, whatever.

But being an issue means that the USA gets to try something violent on your nation state.

Libya, on the other hand, is no longer an issue. No one on TV has a furrowed eyebrow as they read the word "Libya" on the teleprompter. The TV viewer is lead to believe that our fine work of "improving human rights" is done there, whereas Venezuela's "therapeutic terror campaign" is still sitting in the IN-box of the West's military contractors. So it's still an issue.

Countries remain issues usually until they are destroyed by the Empire.
By JohnRawls
QatzelOk wrote:Currently and for the last decade, Venezuela has been an issue.

This means that TV viewers get negative vibes whenever that country is mentionned. It's clear in the TV viewer's mind that "something has to be done" there, whether that something is a stealth CIA terror campaign, the sabotaging of the economy by interests connected to the West and its oil companies and military contractors, sanctions, bombing, whatever.

But being an issue means that the USA gets to try something violent on your nation state.

Libya, on the other hand, is no longer an issue. No one on TV has a furrowed eyebrow as they read the word "Libya" on the teleprompter. The TV viewer is lead to believe that our fine work of "improving human rights" is done there, whereas Venezuela's "therapeutic terror campaign" is still sitting in the IN-box of the West's military contractors. So it's still an issue.

Countries remain issues usually until they are destroyed by the Empire.

If you were born in an Issue called Venezuela then there would be a good chance that you would be starving right about now. On top of that, the government with the support of 20% of the population would be running the show while banning people from voting or intimidating them not to vote to keep itself in power.

Even by your standards Qatz this is kinda unacceptable. You are against the US mafia but why are you not against Venezuelan Mafia that run the show inside Venezuela? They are the ones making the people starve. If you compare Cuba and Venezuela then Cuba is a colossal success compared to Venezuela.
By QatzelOk
JohnRawls wrote:If you were born in an Issue called Venezuela then there would be a good chance that you would be starving right about now. On top of that, the government with the support of 20% of the population would be running the show while banning people from voting or intimidating them not to vote to keep itself in power.

People are starving to death or dying of burns from bombs in non-issues all over the globe.

A lot of the unnecessary deaths and poverty is the result of other issue-resolution campaigns that involved destroying infrastructure and stealing resources, along with bankrupting the country.

Friends and foes get this from the Empire. But what I want to emphasize here is that important propaganda moment of issue-hood. The burning of hatred and distress into the TV viewers mind.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]