Why does Ilhan Omar wear a head scarf? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@Hindsite The fairytale is God, not scientific theories backed up by evidence.

Ilhan Omar should be permitted, like other women, to wear whatever she wants to wear, on her head. Scarves used to be very popular among women, and you'd often see them wearing them. They are NOT a sign of oppression. Only numpties think that.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite The fairytale is God, not scientific theories backed up by evidence.

I know better because I am a near genius inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Godstud wrote: Omar should be permitted, like other women, to wear whatever she wants to wear, on her head.

Nobody has prohibited Omar from wearing her Muslim dress. I am not suggesting any such prohibition. I am only against her false religion and her crazy talk.
Hindsite wrote:I know better because I am a near genius inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Dumbest reply ever. Care to make an educated one?

Hindsite wrote:I am only against her false religion and her crazy talk.
Your false religion and crazy talk are OK, though, right? :lol:

Weren't you the guy who claimed to be a person who supported the Constitution, which protects her freedom of religion?
I must be thinking of some other hypocrite.
Godstud wrote:Dumbest reply ever. Care to make an educated one?

I am sure the Holy Spirit is educated enough.
Godstud wrote:Your false religion and crazy talk are OK, though, right?

My religion is Christianity, the only true religion. I talk truth, which you don't like.
Godstud wrote:Weren't you the guy who claimed to be a person who supported the Constitution, which protects her freedom of religion?

I have claimed to support the Constitution as originally intended. The religion referred to back then was the denominations of the Christian religion, certainly not Satanism and the Muslim Religion.
Godstud wrote:I must be thinking of some other hypocrite.

Perhaps. It certainly is not me.
Praise the Lord.
Because she wants to?

Because she wants to show solidarity with the Muslim communities?

Because she likes to look modest?

Because it greatly simplifies her daily hair routine?

Because it helps her figure out who is Islamophobic?

All of the above?

I do not know.

However, I do know that it is not really anyone’s business but hers.
Hindsite wrote:I am sure the Holy Spirit is educated enough.
My dog is as educated as your magic Holy Spirit.

Hindsite wrote:My religion is Christianity, the only true religion. I talk truth, which you don't like.
Everyone thinks their religion is the "only true religion". You make dishonest statements, with malice, and intolerance. I don't like that.

Truth and facts are not always the same thing. You fail to understand that because of poor education, or simply stubborness. You are not Christian. You're a poe.

Hindsite wrote:I have claimed to support the Constitution as originally intended. The religion referred to back then was the denominations of the Christian religion, certainly not Satanism and the Muslim Religion.
False. You are anti-Constitution. The Constitution did not stipulate exceptions to freedom of religion. Reality, and what you believe, are usually different.

Hindsite wrote:Perhaps. It certainly is not me.
:lol: You support anything cruel and mean as long as it doesn't apply to your moronic belief system.

Pants-of-dog wrote: I do know that it is not really anyone’s business but hers.
QFT.
Godstud wrote:My dog is as educated as your magic Holy Spirit.

Everyone thinks their religion is the "only true religion". You make dishonest statements, with malice, and intolerance. I don't like that.

Truth and facts are not always the same thing. You fail to understand that because of poor education, or simply stubborness. You are not Christian. You're a poe.

False. You are anti-Constitution. The Constitution did not stipulate exceptions to freedom of religion. Reality, and what you believe, are usually different.

:lol: You support anything cruel and mean as long as it doesn't apply to your moronic belief system.

QFT.

See, this is one reason among several as to why Hindsite pisses me off so much... He brings out anti-christian thinking and behavior in non-Christians, because you folks see him and think you see Christianity there. I know that you know otherwise but that he angers you as well.

I belief in the truth of my Faith and make no false apologies for my without a doubt ''intolerant'' and ''bigoted'' views, and yet you and I get along so much better than you and Hindsite, there's a reason for that I'm sure.

And no, I'm not saying Hindsite is some kind of clever troll putting you and everybody else on, I know his sort exist in America and a few other places so i'm sure he's honestly presenting his views...
Godstud wrote:Everyone thinks their religion is the "only true religion". You make dishonest statements, with malice, and intolerance. I don't like that.

I already know that you don't like statements of truth that are different from your views.

annatar1914 wrote:See, this is one reason among several as to why Hindsite pisses me off so much... He brings out anti-christian thinking and behavior in non-Christians, because you folks see him and think you see Christianity there. I know that you know otherwise but that he angers you as well.

Jesus angered the Jewish leaders of the time for stating truth. If I piss you and Godstud off for that, then so be it.
Praise the Lord
Hindsite wrote:I already know that you don't like statements of truth that are different from your views.
You don't know what truth is. You assume you do because someone else tells you so. :knife:

Truths are objectively true, so no, your statement is moronic.

Jesus angered the Jewish leaders of the time for stating truth. If I piss you and Godstud off for that, then so be it.
You state stupid things that are not true. You're breaking your own religion's commandment(Thou shalt not bear false witness).

Also, read the Golden Rule sometime, "near genius".

The Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. It's the cornerstone of Christianity. I don't expect you to know that, however... or even follow it.
Godstud wrote:You don't know what truth is. You assume you do because someone else tells you so. :knife:

You seem to be speaking about yourself.

Godstud wrote:You state stupid things that are not true. You're breaking your own religion's commandment(Thou shalt not bear false witness).

Also, read the Golden Rule sometime, "near genius".

The Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. It's the cornerstone of Christianity. I don't expect you to know that, however... or even follow it.

You claim to be an atheist, so why would you believe this religious stuff anyway? Claiming something is true when you believe otherwise is no big deal for you.
Hindsite wrote:You seem to be speaking about yourself.
I think for myself. I don't have some uneducated priest in some backwards hick-town telling me interpretations of things.

Hindsite wrote:You claim to be an atheist, so why would you believe this religious stuff anyway?
The Golden Rule applies to all things, it's not really a religious proviso. This is something you could call a "truth", as it's agood rule for any society or people to have.

Hindsite wrote:Claiming something is true when you believe otherwise is no big deal for you.
What am I claiming to be true? Please specify so I can demonstrate how truly dishonest you actually are.

You have a serious trouble distinguishing things like facts from "truths".
Godstud wrote:I think for myself. I don't have some uneducated priest in some backwards hick-town telling me interpretations of things.

That is clearly your problem.

Godstud wrote:The Golden Rule applies to all things, it's not really a religious proviso. This is something you could call a "truth", as it's agood rule for any society or people to have.

You claimed the golden rule is the cornerstone of Christianity earlier and I was breaking my religion's commandment (Thou shalt not bear false witness).

Godstud wrote:What am I claiming to be true?

My religion's commandment (Thou shalt not bear false witness) and the golden rule taught by Jesus.

Godstud wrote:You have a serious trouble distinguishing things like facts from "truths".

Back to you.
Praise the Lord.
So you obviously have no actual arguments... only feeble parries. :knife:

Hindsite wrote:My religion's commandment (Thou shalt not bear false witness) and the golden rule taught by Jesus.
Is it not true that Christianity has Commandments? Is it not true that Jesus quoted The Golden rule? It appears as though I speak the truth, when you say otherwise. That makes what I said to be true, and what you said, to be otherwise.

Anything else, or do you care to make more stupid statements?
Godstud wrote:So you obviously have no actual arguments... only feeble parries. :knife:

Speaking about yourself again.

Godstud wrote:Is it not true that Christianity has Commandments? Is it not true that Jesus quoted The Golden rule? It appears as though I speak the truth, when you say otherwise. That makes what I said to be true, and what you said, to be otherwise.

You claimed to be an atheist without religious beliefs, yet you attempt to quote truths from the Christian religion as your arguments. Seems dishonest and hypocritical to me.

Godstud wrote:Anything else, or do you care to make more stupid statements?

It looks like you enjoy making stupid statements. :lol:
Hindsite wrote:You claimed to be an atheist without religious beliefs, yet you attempt to quote truths from the Christian religion as your arguments. Seems dishonest and hypocritical to me.
What is dishonest about it? I was raised as a Roman Catholic, so I am well educated in the Christian religion.

Some religious rules are made simply because these are rules that normal societies should operate under. The Golden rule is one of those.

Are you aware that some of the 10 Commandments are in Buddhism, and Islam? Do not kill. Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not cheat on your spouse. These are universal and necessary in human functioning societies.

I said nothing hypocritical, as I never made any claims to the contrary.

You really don't understand my argument, do you? If you have any questions, just ask, instead of continuing to ramble on.
Godstud wrote:What is dishonest about it? I was raised as a Roman Catholic, so I am well educated in the Christian religion.

I was sure you claimed to be an atheist. If I have been wrong, then I apologize.
I am an atheist agnostic. I was raised as a Roman Catholic. Over time, I changed. Just because you were something, does not mean that you remained that way. I was a boy, but I grew up and became a man. :D See?

Not everything about Christianity is bad. I've never stated such. Some things make sense, and as such, are in every religion. They are just rules that any functioning society needs to have.
@Hindsite Both.

Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

I hope that helps.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Both.

Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

I hope that helps.

I was going by the following definitions:
agnostic - a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
atheist - a person who claims there is no God.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]