Why does Ilhan Omar wear a head scarf? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15021646
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, Pants is debating people, but this doesn't mean that Pants considers their arguments are based on factual historical paradigms (whatever that means). He could be debating other people for a whole host of other reasons. And the laziness of forced conclusions shuts down arguments with obtuse ignorance and lack of imagination or empathy.

Of course I was being rhetorical. @Pants-of-dog is an intelligent person, but stating that he was not going to attempt to respond to my arguments was a stupid mistake. It has put him in the difficult position of having to offer false rationales. The real reason he doesn't respond is because he rightly fears the power of far centre arguments.

It seems Omar has been on another gay pride march with her daughter, upsetting some of her real Muslim constituents. They can see that she has zero respect for traditional Muslim social values. For her Islam is just another Cultural Marxist weapon in her war of hatred against the United States.
#15021648
The only way Omar is losing her congressional seat is if her district gets eliminated in the census.

Also lmfao at Rich thinking Muslims are a scary monolith and also condemning Omar for not being Muslim enough. I can't imagine the blinding fear of all things foreign that is his life.

Also lmfao cultural marxism, a term only idiots use. Please define what "cultural marxism" is, you big brained genius.
#15021652
OK lets go back to basics. In traditional Agrarian Patriarchal cultures, women have low value, children have low value, men that belong to outgroups have low value. The Agrarian Patriarchal cultural superstructure has a very strong material - economic foundation. Men hugely dominate economic production both in heavy plough farming and animal herding. Women are generally, not well suited to heavy plough agriculture or pre modern animal husbandry. But when pregnant this work can threaten miscarriage and the life of the woman. This is different to the preceding horticultural and hunter-gatherer societies and the succeeding industrial societies. Men were also highly valuable in pre modern warfare. A strong community of men without women, could capture women through warfare, a community of women without men was essentially defenceless, it was finished.

However not all Agrarian societies were equal, western societies on average were more feminist, less extremely patriarchal than Confucian society, late Hindu society and many African societies. But Islamic societies were extremely and pathologically patriarchal. This was a vile religion that produced corrupt, and degenerate societies, that could only prosper through terror and the parasitical exploitation of their superior neighbours.

Under Agrarian Patriarchal culture in general and Islam in particular, a woman was the property of her husband. Her body is not her own, but the property of her husband. She was not to let other men see her body. This is the context of the head scarf and the even more extreme coverings of Islam. A woman wears a head scarf so as other men than her husband, can not enjoy looking at her hair. So as other men other than her husband can not enjoy her beauty. None of this makes any sense if women are allowed to enter into Lesbian relationships and Lesbian partnerships.

A woman wears a headscarf to respect her husband or future husband's property rights over her. This makes no sense what so ever if she isn't going to have a husband. Omar does not wear a head scarf because she believes in and is comfortable with traditional Muslim dress codes. She does it because she wants to spit in the face of America, in the same way that Punks wore bondage gear.
#15022027
The head scarf worn by Ilhan Omar is a good example of what postmodernists would call a simulacrum.

Originally, the head scarf was worn to protect the head from sun and weather. Then, Muslims turned it into a symbol of modesty and piety. In the modern world, it has turned into a symbol for the oppression of women in the Muslim world. Finally, feminists have turned it into a symbol against the perceived oppression by white males or something like that.

Hilarious.

:lol:
#15022097
Rugoz wrote:The head scarf worn by Ilhan Omar is a good example of what postmodernists would call a simulacrum.

Originally, the head scarf was worn to protect the head from sun and weather. Then, Muslims turned it into a symbol of modesty and piety. In the modern world, it has turned into a symbol for the oppression of women in the Muslim world. Finally, feminists have turned it into a symbol against the perceived oppression by white males or something like that.

Hilarious.

:lol:

I believe Omar wears it to show her feminist racist hatred for white Christian American men.
#15022113
Hindsite wrote:Only as long as Christians continue to be persecuted.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Please show me where Christians are persecuted in USA!!

That's some crazy Kool-aid you're drinking.
#15022114
No, she wears a headscarf because she's a Muslim woman and some Muslim women choose to wear the headscarf.


Women are usually forced to wear it by their male relatives, who can resort to violence when necessary without facing legal consequences. In Pakistan, a man must simply claim the killing was for his honor and he will go free. The Muslim headscarf is also mandatory for all women in some Arab countries such as Iran.
#15022118
ThirdTerm wrote:Women are usually forced to wear it by their male relatives, who can resort to violence when necessary without facing legal consequences. In Pakistan, a man must simply claim the killing was for his honor and he will go free. The Muslim headscarf is also mandatory for all women in some Arab countries such as Iran.
We're talking about a Congresswoman in the USA, not Iran or Pakistan.
#15022128
There is a difference between a woman sometimes choosing to wear a head scarf as a fashion accessory and a woman always wearing a headscarf to comply with the misogynistic patriarchal demands of traditional culture or / and religion. Omar is doing the latter not the former. This gutless, cowardly woman is capitulating to patriarchal bigotry, prejudice and misogyny, in the same way that Sweden's so called feminist government did when they wore head scarfs when visiting Iran. The Swedish ministers similarly proved themselves to be Cultural Marxists and hence fake feminists or Islamo-feminists. For Orthodox Marxists and Cultural Marxists, Islam trumps everything and race trumps everything else.

I am a genuine feminist, meaning I support women's rights the world over. I oppose Islam and Rap(e) music culture. I also oppose trans (men to women) rights which is in fact a disguised from to toxic masculinity. I'm also a principled supporter of Gay rights, unlike Ilhan Omar, I support Gay Pride marches in Gaza, Mecca, Islamabad and Tehran. I would like to see those marches protected by the full power of western and Israeli militaries. I doubt Ilhan Omar believes a word of Islam, but she is trying to keep Muslims happy by wearing a headscarf. You can pretty sure that when she visits Muslim countries or indeed meets with Muslim groups within America that she keeps quiet about her Gay rights support.
#15022131
Lol at dudes still triggered by what women wear. You obviously have insecurity and control issues. Get help.

Hindsite wrote:Only as long as Christians continue to be persecuted.


You don't care about Christian persecution and ethnic-cleansing when it's done to Christians in Palestine, Iraq and Syria. This is what hypocrisy looks like.
#15022256
Godstud wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Please show me where Christians are persecuted in USA!!

That's some crazy Kool-aid you're drinking.

Is There Christian Persecution in America?

While Christian persecution is widely recognized in other countries, most do not realize the persecution happening right at home.

https://www.beliefnet.com/news/is-there ... erica.aspx

Christian persecution not just happening overseas -- many in US targeted for their faith, too

Approximately 215 million Christians worldwide experience very high to extreme persecution. Newsweek reported in January 2018 that “the persecution and genocide of Christians across the world is worse today than at any time in history.”

Now, the threat of religious persecution is rearing its head in the United States. Recently, Sens. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, and Kamala Harris, D-Calif., posed snaring questions to Brian Buescher, an Omaha-based lawyer nominated by President Trump to sit on the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska. As a Catholic, Buescher adheres to traditional religious values. Yet, he was subjected to scrutiny and specifically targeted for his faith in order to cast doubt on his ability to serve in public office.

In general, the beliefs of the right are being called closed minded, however they are beliefs that are found in the Bible and have been a part of this country for years. For example, where Christian bakers are refusing to bake cakes for same-sex weddings, or those in public office are refusing to authorize same-sex wedding certificates. These people that have stood up for what they believe in were given a huge amount of negative publicity, as well as lawsuits filed against them.

At campuses throughout the country, outspoken Christians are regularly demeaned, debased and targeted for their beliefs. Academics, social groups, and college organizations regularly ridicule Christians by calling them hateful, bigoted, and privileged, among other labels.

Just like many campus colleges, public schools are getting hit as well. Student groups like InterVarsity have been kicked off campuses, and a teacher in New Jersey was suspended for giving a student a Bible. A football coach in Washington placed on leave for saying a prayer on the field at the end of a game.

Incidents like these demonstrate how Christians are being targeted in the United States for adhering to their values.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/christi ... -faith-too

Texas Church Shooting: More Than Two Dozen Parishioners Killed
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/se ... ng-n817751
#15022275
So NO, there is no persecution in the USA, except in the minds of a few fucked up religious fundamentalists. No source you provided, aside from the religious bullshit one that presents false information in it's own article, by citing sources that don't support it, support your deep flawed "belief"..

An existential "threat" of persecution is not actually persecution, @Hindsite. There is no actual evidence here. This is like your argument about white people who claim they are victims of racial persecution. :knife:

A church shooting is not proof of religious persecution. :roll: A dance club was the site of a shooting of people in Florida. Was that a sign that dancers are being persecuted? :lol:

You haven't a leg to stand on.
#15022278
Hindsite wrote:I don't stand on my legs. I stand on my feet.
Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation

Education:
If you say that someone does not have a leg to stand on, or hasn't got a leg to stand on, you mean that a statement or claim they have made cannot be justified or proved.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... o-stand-on
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
Election 2020

If anything, they justify their fanatical view be[…]

So how deadly is it?

Yeah, the death count has been wildly inflated, t[…]

synagogue discipline? One can see you are not a […]

You and I don't agree here. Putin is making the […]