Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 28 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:I can neither confirm nor deny since you have yet to provide any quote of her saying anything remotely like that.

This isn't just some media-selected dupe making it look like "the powers of commercial media care about human survival."

Oh no. As Pants is suggesting, she's got a really new and multi-layered message to share with humanity - "We're destroying our life systems." If only people would put down their axes and watch her speak on TV.... the world would be saved (just by watching her talk on TV).

In fact, watching anything on TV is likely to help things a lot for everyone (well, for media shareholders and their advertisers, at least).
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite even if the bible uses the word whore, it is still a derogatory and insulting term, to the majority of people. I am happy to see it was deleted as a rule violation, as is proper.

No it does not violate any rule because it was not used against any member of PoFo.
Godstud wrote:Calling a child that is repugnant and no good God-fearing Christian would do it. No polite, rational person would, either.

I was just pointing out that she is being used like one by the global warming and climate change fanatics. She really doesn't understand it at all.
I thought this was amusing. So, the archbishop confirms the view that the Christian god commands man to dominate nature, which can be seen as the root cause for the destruction of nature caused by Western civilization.

I guess that even among Catholics, Polish priests are particularly retarded and that he is in direct opposition to Rome. Still a shocking thing to say for a Catholic priest.

- Ecology is a very dangerous phenomenon, because it is not only in the form of teenagers, it is something that imposes itself and this activist becomes an oracle for all political and social forces - believes Archbishop Marek Jędraszewski.

Archbishop Marek Jędraszewski talked about ecology in a manner that contradicts the teaching of the Catholic Church.

- I quote it briefly: a return to Engels and his claims that marriage is another manifestation of oppression, and in the name of equality one must break with the entire Christian tradition, without which we - Europeans will not understand each other because we have been brought up in it for millennia. This is being questioned by various new movements, and is also being attempted to impose itself as a binding doctrine, "said the priest.

- This is a very dangerous phenomenon, because it is not just a teenager figure (ed. Greta Thunberg), it is something that imposes itself, and this activist becomes an oracle for all political and social forces. This is contrary to everything that is recorded in the Bible, beginning with the Book of Genesis, which explicitly mentions the miracle of God's creation - he continued.

- God is amazed by this world, man is placed as the crowning achievement of all creation. The Scriptures clearly say "make your land a subject". Adam is someone who names animals, so he controls them and does not find among them someone who would be a partner for his life, so he receives a wife. This is the vision of man and the world that Christianity proclaims and which is also a vision deeply rooted in Judaism. Everything is questioned at once, in fact our culture is questioned, the whole world order is reversed, starting from the fact that the existence of God - the creator is questioned, the role and dignity of every human being are also questioned - he added.

Source

I can understand that 3,000 years ago people felt overwhelmed by nature and tried to control it by all means possible, however, to continue on this path today means the destruction of creation.
Pants-of-dog wrote:As pointed out previously, this thread is nothing more than an extended ad hominem directed at Thunberg and her supporters.

No one has shown how they are wrong.

She sailed across the atlantic in a $15 million plastic boat with a back up diesel engine. And the crew who sailed the boat back to Europe were 'flown' to NY to sail the vessel back, lol. It's hilarious, she's obviously a kid who's been manipulated by adults.
Red Rackham wrote:She sailed across the atlantic in a $15 million plastic boat with a back up diesel engine. And the crew who sailed the boat back to Europe were 'flown' to NY to sail the vessel back, lol.

This is a good example of how this thread has ignored Thunberg’s message and has attacked her.

In this particular case, Red Rackham is accusing Thunberg of hypocrisy. This is illogical if one wanted to attack Thunberg’s message, since someone can be a hypocrite and still be right.

It's hilarious, she's obviously a kid who's been manipulated by adults.

And now the accusation is that she is stupid and easily manipulated.

But still no one actually criticises her actual message.

Thank you, RR, for providing an example of how this thread is just one long ad hominem.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And that is a fallacy as well.

It is comparable to a petty thief arguing that he should be allowed to steal with impunity since other more successful thieves exist.

China emitts the most carbon dioxide in the world. Without them choosing to curb their emissions, Global warming will continue to rise no matter what other countries do.

So it's more an argument of applying climate action more effectively. Attack the biggest target first. But most climate change religionists are also the same individuals that hate things like "Christendom" and "The Patriarchy" and harp on about "white privilege". Some even directly support marxism and communism so they refuse to tell the CCP to do something about it on "principal".
colliric wrote:China emitts the most carbon dioxide in the world. Without them choosing to curb their emissions, Global warming will continue to rise no matter what other countries do.

So it's more an argument of applying climate action more effectively. Attack the biggest target first.

Then we should look at those countries that have accumulated the most green house gases in the last 200 or so years, since that is about how long it takes before nature gets rid of it.

And in that respect, the top emitters are the USA and Europe.

But that does not change the fact that this is just a bad attempt at shifting the blame in order to excuse inaction.

But most climate change religionists are also the same individuals that hate things like "Christendom" and "The Patriarchy" and harp on about "white privilege". Some even directly support marxism and communism so they refuse to tell the CCP to do something about it on "principal".

Good.

This is actually a compliment, even though you intended it as an insult.
Red Rackham wrote:The UK is responsible for 1% of global emissions, China is responsible for 60%. I would have a lot more thought for Greta if she fucked off to China to demonstrate, but that's never going to happen.

No, China is not responsible for 60%. That's twice the true figure -29%: https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-c ... -emissions . I would think a lot more of posters if they actually bothered to get a real figure before basing their world outlook on it.
Thunberg, 16, was asked what she would have said to the Impeached President Trump who pulled the US – one of the world’s leading carbon emitters – out of the Paris climate accord, and who has taken radical steps to undo decades-old US pollution standards.

She said: “Honestly, I don’t think I would have said anything. Because obviously he’s not listening to scientists and experts, so why would he listen to me?”

She added: “So I probably wouldn’t have said anything, I wouldn’t have wasted my time.”

Invited to respond to her critics, Thunberg told the program “those attacks are just funny because they obviously don’t mean anything”.

She said: “I guess of course it means something – they are terrified of young people bringing change which they don’t want – but that is just proof that we are actually doing something and that they see us as some kind of threat.” :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:As pointed out previously, this thread is nothing more than an extended ad hominem directed at Thunberg and her supporters.

No one has shown how they are wrong.

She doesn't matter at all. She is just another disposable media même.

And while this meme entertains you and others, the extremely harmful message is that screwed up teens worry about climate change ( while normal healthy people in the rest of the media like big SUVs).

You're being had, and this has been calculated.

Both our oil wars and our energy consumption continue to expand while media dupes go "Aw, isn't she sweet."

OMG this funny because it doesn't sound anything like Greta, it sounds like a late 20 something year old Russian women trying to talk in a fake accent :lol:

Chunga Chunga Island lol

Embarrassing audio: Maxine Waters falls for prank call with ‘Greta Thunberg’ from same guys who punked Schiff

About a year ago, during a rally in July of 2018, President Donald Trump declared to a crowd of supporters that Sen. Maxine Waters is a “low IQ individual.” Eighteen months later, it appears Waters has proven the president right.

On Thursday, infamous Russian pranksters Vladimir Kuznetsov (Vovan) and Alexey Stolyarov (Lexus) released an audio recording of the allegedly “low IQ” House Financial Services Committee chair seemingly falling hook, line, and sinker for one of their shenanigans.

And just like current House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff, who last year was tricked by the duo into believing he was talking with the speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament, Waters willingly and unknowingly walked right into their trap.

Listen below, and take note of the cartoonish illustrations:

The prank involved convincing Waters that she speaking to teen climate change activist Greta Thunberg and her father. Stunningly, literally no work was required, as the congresswoman was quick to accept the premise without question (or facts).

“The conversation began with ‘Thunberg’ telling Waters that she was calling from a climate strike meeting in North Carolina where they were advocating for the protection of the fictitious ‘Chon-Go-Chango’ islands,” Fox News notes.

The fictional Thunberg then convinced the unsuspecting congresswoman that she had met with President Donald Trump during the United Nations General Assembly, despite it already being known for a fact that the two never actually met.

“It was a really terrible meeting in the U.N. building in September with him,” the fictional Thunberg claimed. “And I had nightmares afterward. It’s terrible.”

“I saw him in the hallway. He was with security and I shouted at him, ‘Sign the Paris Climate Agreement again!’ He came over, he leaned in towards me, and said softly, ‘Listen carefully to me, little girl. You will never achieve your goal, like the congressional goal, trying to accuse me.'”

Waters seemingly believed this.

“He said you will never achieve your goal? Oh my goodness!” she replied with shock. “Did you ask him if he would rethink signing the Paris Climate Agreement? Is that your question to him?”

The fictional Thunberg then claimed, hilariously enough, that for whatever reason, the president then confessed to her — a then-16-year-old child — that he had tried to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky into investigating 2020 U.S. presidential election contender former Vice President Joe Biden.

“He added that … ‘You know what? I’ll tell you the truth. I really wanted to push the Ukraine president to put my competitor on trial,'” she said.

Her father then filled in the rest of the very fictional details.

“He said to her, ‘You know, little girl, nobody will believe you anyway, I will tell you the truth. I really pushed on Ukrainian president and you know that you will never achieve your goals like those congressional fools who accuse me,'” he alleged. “‘So nobody will believe you. You will be on trial like my competitor.'”

“Oh, my God, he mentioned Ukrainian president!?” Waters asked in excitement.

“Yes, he said that,” the prankster replied. “And he added, ‘Nobody will believe you anyway.'”

Oh, but it gets better …

During the pranksters’ call with Schiff last year, they claimed to be in possession of naked photos of Trump with a Russian model. In response, the naughty congressman expressed great interest in getting hold of those photos.

“Obviously we would welcome the chance to get copies of those recordings,” he said. “So we will try to work with the FBI to try to figure out how we can take copies of those.”

“I’ll be in touch with the FBI about this, and we’ll make arrangements with your staff. I think it would be best to provide these materials to both our committee and the FBI. We’ll make arrangements between my staff and yours on how to facilitate that.”

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]