Universal Studios Cancels 'The Hunt' Theatrical Release - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Ter wrote:Interesting to note that @Palmyrene brings up Israel in a thread about an American movie dealing with American issues. To top it all of, he repeats the slander about "sterilising" Ethiopian Jews in Israel. That is a lie, but I am pretty confident that these kind of lies are popular in Arab countries.

I brought it up because there was no other country I know of that sterilized an ethnicity for population control. The US only did it to experiment on a drug but Israel did it to get rid of blacks in their country.

And it's not a lie; even wikipedia with sources says this is true:

Birth control
Edit
According to a TV program in 2012, female Ethiopian immigrants may have been given the Depo-Provera birth control drug without full explanation of its effects,[66] although the Israeli health ministry has instructed all health maintenance organizations not to use the treatment unless patients understand the ramifications. Ethiopian Jewish women awaiting aliyah were given birth control while in transit camps. The drug has existed for around thirty years, but only about five percent of women elect to use this method of birth control in the US.[67] The effects of Depo-Provera last for three months.

The practice was first reported in 2010 by Isha le'Isha (Hebrew: woman to woman), an Israeli women's rights organization. Hedva Eyal, the report's author, stated: "We believe it is a method of reducing the number of births in a community that is black and mostly poor." [68] Haaretz criticized the coverage,[69] alleging that there was no plan to deliberately reduce the birth rates of Ethiopian Jews, and there was no evidence of coercion.

And no one in the Arab world knows about what goes on in Israel in detail. They mostly like conspiracy theories about how Pokemon is a Jewish plot. They don't know facts like this.
@Palmyrene
Your own post contradicts your earlier lie.
Depo Provera does not sterilise women. It is a contraception method that remains active during three months. It was also used in Western countries.
It is true that the Ethiopian women were not aware of the longer effects of DP as a contraceptive, but sterilisation it certainly was not. Sterilisation is an irreversible thing, DP is not.
Ter wrote:@Palmyrene
Your own post contradicts your earlier lie.
Depo Provera does not sterilise women. It is a contraception method that remains active during three months. It was also used in Western countries.
It is true that the Ethiopian women were not aware of the longer effects of DP as a contraceptive, but sterilisation it certainly was not. Sterilisation is an irreversible thing, DP is not.

Did we read the same article? First off, even if it's not sterilization, it's an attempt to reduce the amount of black babies in Israel so it's ethnic cleansing. Ethiopian Jews also did not give their consent to use the drug nor were they properly educated on it's effects.

It's still bad and it's still population control so it's relevant to the topic.
Palmyrene wrote:Did we read the same article? First off, even if it's not sterilization, it's an attempt to reduce the amount of black babies in Israel so it's ethnic cleansing. Ethiopian Jews also did not give their consent to use the drug nor were they properly educated on it's effects.

It's still bad and it's still population control so it's relevant to the topic.

Words have meanings. Sterilisation is an irreversible process. Depo-Provera is a contraception method that is effective for three months. I never said that what they did was well-meant or good. But in discussing conflicts between peoples, especially the Arab-Israeli conflict, it is important not to propagate lies to incense others.
Ter wrote:Words have meanings. Sterilisation is an irreversible process. Depo-Provera is a contraception method that is effective for three months. I never said that what they did was well-meant or good. But in discussing conflicts between peoples, especially the Arab-Israeli conflict, it is important not to propagate lies to incense others.

We're literally just discussing instances of population control. I mentioned Israeli ethnic cleansing of Ethiopian Jews to lower their birth rates.

This isn't the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. There is no Palestinians at all. This is Israel's treatment of it's own people.
Verv wrote:Immediately, that series of films called The Purge comes to mind.

It's produced by Jason Blum for Blumhouse Productions, and that was the company that also co-produced The Purge. I've never seen The Purge, but Wikipedia call's it a "dystopian thriller," and The Hunt is labeled "political satire." They are certainly getting the ideal of political violence into people's heads.

I remember when Natural Born Killers came out, I heard of incidents of people just losing their minds after getting out of the theater and starting fights and what not. Movies can move people in a way to get them to think, feel and act.

Red_Army wrote:Wasn't it Trump who bitched about this movie that got it cancelled?

I had not heard about that Trump remarked about it. Apparently he did, well at least it was seen as commenting about the movie.

Prior to the film's shelving, the film attracted criticism from some of the media media as an alleged portrayal of liberal elitists people hunting supporters of President Donald Trump.[19][22] Trump issued a tweet on August 9, 2019, calling "Liberal Hollywood" "[r]acist at the highest level" and saying that, "The movie coming out is made in order to inflame and cause chaos", adding "They create their own violence, and then try to blame others". Although Trump did not specify the name of the film, news vehicles believed that was most likely a reference to The Hunt.

Haha it's a legit quote.

That's quite an accusation; not just calling Hollywood racist against the white working class, but also how Hollywood stokes the flames of hate and violence. How can Hollywood defend themselves against this accusation? They can't really.

They are just claiming that he is full of shit. Actually, I do believe the premise of this article
Donald Trump Hits “Racist” Hollywood Again Over ‘The Hunt,’ Tinseltown Calls “Bullsh*t”, that the president is just riling up his base.

Who knows? Maybe he really did play a role in getting the movie shut down. Maybe the studio got cold feet and said, "um yeah, it's just not a good look having the president, calling us a bunch of white-hating racists." Or maybe it's just a marketing ploy.
Red_Army wrote:Hollywood is definitely racist. There's like one black director. If you think Trump wants racial equity in Hollywood I have a statue of Hitler to sell you.

So who really dominates Hollywood? Who holds the power? White people?

Whites are consciously excluding non-white people?

What kind of white people, too? Like, is it the Italians, or the Anglos, or the Irish? Or just white people in general? Is it just a subconscious thing?
I can't watch the Oscars anymore. The last couple of years it's become the victim group Olympics. Awards are given based on how victimized the identity groups you belong to are. This year virtually every single award was given to either a racial minority, a woman, LGBT, or to a movie about one of those groups. I guess they're making up for many decades of racism, sexism, and homophobia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/91st_Academy_Awards#Awards
foxdemon wrote:The exploitation of illegal immigrants is just capitalists being capitalists.

Exploitation predates capitalism and exists in non-capitalist societies too. Capitalism is not synonymous with exploitation. It's synonymous with aggregating capital to accomplish what individuals cannot accomplish alone.

Verv wrote:Most of the ideas that focus on Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand concerns population replacement or replacement immigration. You can stretch this and be alarmist about it and make it into little white genocide but most people are satisfied with just pointing out that it is replacement migration that is fundamentally Shifting the demographics of these countries.

Additionally, the people pushing these policies are also pushing global warming and population bomb rhetoric. If the latter were a problem, it would make no sense to try to replace a shrinking population. A shrinking population would be desirable. So a bigger problem for the establishment is that they have sustained a massive loss of credibility.

Red_Army wrote:Wasn't it Trump who bitched about this movie that got it cancelled?

Trump called it "racist" among other things. Since the movie is more or less self-styled elites hunting "deplorables," it looks like a thinly-veiled fantasy of the wealthy faction of the Democratic party hunting poorer red state dwellers.

Trump points out that the media call for violence and then blame other people when it happens.

maz wrote:That's quite an accusation; not just calling Hollywood racist against the white working class, but also how Hollywood stokes the flames of hate and violence. How can Hollywood defend themselves against this accusation? They can't really.

This is what I find so puzzling about the left's call for violence and then getting upset when it happens.
foxdemon wrote:So he is saying the ruling class is shaping the politics of population dynamics to their advantage. Essentially, the importation of cheap labour, without legal standing, creates a working under class at the expense of the existing work force.

Again, who is doing this?

Is there evidence for this?

And why would the elites spend money on importing people if the immigrants are willing to come themselves?

Given the existing work force is typically of European decent, it is identified at white.

Who identifies the working class as white?

In my experiences in the USA, the more working class the people, the more likely they will be a person of colour.

So, if someone is deliberately ignoring the fact that whiteness is more associated with wealth, who is doing that?

Given the establishment uses ideology to marginalise political opposition form that group, which is detrimental to that group’s future, @Sivad is saying that the term ‘white genocide’ is used by that group to express their understanding of the situation they are in.

So is there any truth to it?

Here you are saying that the term white genocide is being used by the US working class.

Do you think all working class people use this term? Do most working class people use this term? Or do only some? And if so, who?

This cheap labour must be at the expense of the traditional working class. And there is a lot of identarian politics in America which advocates for ‘undocumented immigration’. Oddly, there is no talk of granting everyone who turns up in America with immediate citizenship, so presumably illegals still get to work without much legal protection and low wages.

So I think it is that which @Sivad has in mind when he says there is substantial truth.

There is also a lot of identarian politics around demonising immigrants.

And this demonising (aka racism and anti-immigrant sentiment) helps the elites keep the local working class from organising with the immigrant workers.

And there is nothing odd about the elites wanting the undocumented immigrants in the USA, and without rights and being paid low wages, and the target of racist sentiment from the local working class.

Verv wrote:....

Most of the ideas that focus on Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand concerns population replacement or replacement immigration. You can stretch this and be alarmist about it and make it into little white genocide but most people are satisfied with just pointing out that it is replacement migration that is fundamentally Shifting the demographics of these countries.

How is replacement immigration fundamentally Shifting the demographics of these countries? Can you be more specific?
Pants-of-dog wrote:How is replacement immigration fundamentally Shifting the demographics of these countries? Can you be more specific?

You remind me of a guy I know.

I actually have to say... I am baffled that you are asking.

Why not just attack the claim. Why ask me to explain it further. :lol:
I'm down to watch some dumb libshit movie about hunting Trump fans if its cool. I don't care wtf Trump thinks. I liked Craig Zahler's Brawl in Cellblock 99 and Bone Tomahawk even though the politics in the former were hilariously dumb and hamfisted. I like movies guys. If you guys are too big of snowflakes to even watch a movie where people kill people like you then thank god you weren't born brown. Dragged Across Concrete was too slow and boring though, but 2/3 isn't bad for a moron conservative.
Verv wrote:You remind me of a guy I know.

I actually have to say... I am baffled that you are asking.

Why not just attack the claim. Why ask me to explain it further. :lol:

Because your claim is vague.

“Somewhere in the world, someone is manipulating immigration in order to replace some other group.”

So I would like a specific example.

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]