That'll Just About Do It For Beto... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Beto O'Rourke is a train wreck with feet.

On "The Chad Hasty Show" in April 2018, the host asked: "I own an AR-15. A lot of our listeners out there own AR-15s. Why should they not have one?"

"To be clear, they should have them," O'Rourke responded. "If you purchased that AR-15, if you own it, keep it. Continue to use it responsibly."

He added later in the same interview: "If you own a gun, keep that gun. Nobody wants to take it away from you — at least I don’t want to do that.”

Seems pretty clear, right?

Well, in last night's debate, it would appear as though he's now touting the exact opposite. Seems he's more than willing to simply say whatever it is idiot democrats want to hear.

Not only was his false outrage obvious, but he then he went on to take issue with some of the ammunition an AR-15 can fire. He doesn't want to take that ammunition away, of course, because ammunition isn't scary looking. He just wants to confiscate one of the guns which can fire it because it's scary looking. You can still fire the ammunition through several other rifles.

I'm going to have fun watching democrats implode and self-destruct over the next year...

And that makes zero sense.
BigSteve wrote:Beto O'Rourke is a train wreck with feet.

I'm going to have fun watching democrats implode and self-destruct over the next year...

Dems are Eloi, Republicans are Morlocks. It's impossible to say which is the more contemptible - they both are toxic.
BigSteve wrote:Continue to use it responsibly.

If you want to stop Black rifles being the go-to weapon for mass shooters restrict magazine capacity to five rounds (A generous hunting magazine limit)

If strictly enforced, you can keep the look and nobody need take anyone's guns.

:)
ingliz wrote:If you want to stop Black rifles being the go-to weapon for mass shooters restrict magazine capacity to five rounds (A generous hunting magazine limit)

If strictly enforced, you can keep the look and nobody need take anyone's guns.

:)

I see that my point has sailed effortlessly over your head.

When talking about gun control, liberals are always quick to tell conservatives "No one wants to take your guns".

Yet here's a liberal saying exactly that.

By making that statement, Beto O'Rourke shot his campaign in the foot. He now has zero chance at the nomination. Those democrats who DO want the nomination likely won't get it if they don't try to distance themselves from Beto's idiotic comments at the last debate...
Pants-of-dog wrote:All the people who believe O’Rourke is secretly trying to take away guns are all people who would not have voted for him to begin with.

Um, that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

See, there's nothing secret about it. He said it on the debate stage. Anyone who votes for him does so knowing that he is in favor of confiscating guns.

I know Democrats who, if faced with some dipshit like O'Rourke as a potential President, would change party affiliation in a New York minute...
BigSteve wrote:Um, that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

See, there's nothing secret about it. He said it on the debate stage. Anyone who votes for him does so knowing that he is in favor of confiscating guns.

I know Democrats who, if faced with some dipshit like O'Rourke as a potential President, would change party affiliation in a New York minute...

What exactly did he say?
Pants-of-dog wrote:What exactly did he say?

Exactly what it says on the t-shirt I posted a photo of.

When he wasn't running for President, his position was that owners of such rifles should keep them and continue to use them responsibly. He's proven himself to be a hypocrite and an enemy of the Constitution...
Beto is a slime ball. He's going no where.

Democrats in Texas know this too. The only reason he got support for senate was because he wasn't Cruz. That is the only reason I voted for him. Beyond that, he's another slime ball.
BigSteve wrote:Exactly what it says on the t-shirt I posted a photo of.

When he wasn't running for President, his position was that owners of such rifles should keep them and continue to use them responsibly. He's proven himself to be a hypocrite and an enemy of the Constitution...

Please provide a quote, with the entire context.

Thanks.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide a quote, with the entire context.

Thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2019/sep/13/beto-orourke-on-gun-control-hell-yes-were-going-to-take-your-ar-15-video

When asked about it previously, he said he didn't want to confiscate them:

During an interview on "The Chad Hasty Show" in April 2018, the host asked: "I own an AR-15. A lot of our listeners out there own AR-15s. Why should they not have one?" "To be clear, they should have them," O'Rourke responded. "If you purchased that AR-15, if you own it, keep it. Continue to use it responsibly." He added later in the same interview: "If you own a gun, keep that gun. Nobody wants to take it away from you — at least I don’t want to do that.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-debate-ar-15s
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please quote the relevant text from the first link.

"Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,' O’Rourke said in one of the biggest lines of the night."

Not a whole lot of gray area there...
Pants-of-dog wrote:This still does not change the fact that this is not going to make him lose votes.

Oh, it definitely will.

I know more than a few pro 2nd Amendment democrats who, thanks to his comments at the debate, have absolutely no intention of ever supporting O'Rourke for anything...
Pants-of-dog wrote:I doubt it.

This will probably help more than hurt, considering how many Democrat voters actually support these kinds of policies.

People more intelligent on the subject than you disagree:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/461298-democratic-senator-warns-orourke-ar-15-pledge-could-haunt-party-for-years
Pants-of-dog wrote:This still does not change the fact that this is not going to make him lose votes.

It most certainly make him lose votes among more conservative democrats. The question is if it will be a significant amount of votes.
Rancid wrote:It most certainly make him lose votes among more conservative democrats. The question is if it will be a significant amount of votes.

I think he is betting that it will gain him more votes than lose votes.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]