That'll Just About Do It For Beto... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15034208
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think he is betting that it will gain him more votes than lose votes.


Yea, I agree, and if I had to guess. He will either break even in voters/lost gained, or gain a few more than he loses.

Either way, he's going nowhere overall fast, which makes me wonder why BigSteve cares about this guy.
#15034230
BigSteve wrote:Well, in last night's debate, it would appear as though he's now touting the exact opposite. Seems he's more than willing to simply say whatever it is idiot democrats want to hear.

Beto is not only finished in national politics, his hopes for a Texas senate seat or the governorship are now pretty much over too. Texas has a lot of Democrats who own guns too. At this point, it's Congressman or Mayor of El Paso.

ingliz wrote:If strictly enforced, you can keep the look and nobody need take anyone's guns.

That's quite a conditional statement given the lax nature of US border enforcement.

BigSteve wrote:By making that statement, Beto O'Rourke shot his campaign in the foot. He now has zero chance at the nomination.

He shot his campaign in the head, and his state-wide aspirations in Texas as well.

Pants-of-dog wrote:This still does not change the fact that this is not going to make him lose votes.

Well, he doesn't have many votes to lose. So if you're starting from a weak position and ending in a weak position, I suppose you might have a point.

BigSteve wrote:I know more than a few pro 2nd Amendment democrats who, thanks to his comments at the debate, have absolutely no intention of ever supporting O'Rourke for anything...

Yeah. It was fatal for his career aspirations.

Pants-of-dog wrote:This will probably help more than hurt, considering how many Democrat voters actually support these kinds of policies.

Not in Texas. Texas Democrats are not like Nancy Pelosi or AOC by a long shot.
#15034246
The thing about Beto's idiotic comments at the debate is that he went from discussing the guns to discussing the ammunition they fire in a New York minute. He didn't utter a word about banning the ammunition, just the scary looking rifles that fire them.

When you consider that there are non-scary looking rifles capable of firing that same ammunition, it's easy to conclude that Beto doesn't believe anything he's belching up about gun violence. He wants to confiscate two guns that use that ammunition and, apparently, he has no intention of banning the ammunition which causes such catastrophic damage to a target.

In short, he's a fuckin' idiot.

Although his faux outrage and emotional outburst was funny to watch.

He's such a little douchebag...
#15034274
He is a politician who is saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear.

It does not matter if the idea is realistic or logical. It just has to be appealing to a voter bloc. Like the idea of a wall along the Mexican border.
#15034319
Pants-of-dog wrote:He is a politician who is saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear.

He apparently forgot that the NRA was listening. I wonder what he is going to do with the AR-15 he claimed to have to gain NRA support earlier. He definitely lost that NRA support for good. I am sure that the NRA would be glad to accept his AR-15 and his AK-47 if he has them and have a raffle among their members.
#15034706
Pants-of-dog wrote:He is a politician who is saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear.

It does not matter if the idea is realistic or logical. It just has to be appealing to a voter bloc. Like the idea of a wall along the Mexican border.


The difference between a liberal dipshit like O'Rourke and a fine President like Trump is that Trump's not running his mouth like idiot liberals are so inclined to do.

The wall is being built...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-border-wall-near-san-diego-climb-barriers
#15034709
@BigSteve

Trump also runs his mouth and says whatever people like you want to hear. And if you think the wall is being built, you are believing him simply because he said something that appeals to your emotions. The wall is not being built. The article you cited mentioned a few bollards in the area where they looked at prototypes, and also the fact that three other wall projects have been cancelled. The government does not even own all the land it needs to build a continuous wall.
#15034715
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

Trump also runs his mouth and says whatever people like you want to hear. And if you think the wall is being built, you are believing him simply because he said something that appeals to your emotions. The wall is not being built. The article you cited mentioned a few bollards in the area where they looked at prototypes, and also the fact that three other wall projects have been cancelled. The government does not even own all the land it needs to build a continuous wall.


"A few bollards"??

How about 14 miles of them?

The wall IS being built. Also, the reason the three projects were shelved was because the money to complete those projects hasn't been allocated yet.

I cannot begin to fathom the level of ignorance required to read that article and conclude that the wall isn't being built.

Truly fucking stunning...
#15034718
BigSteve wrote:"A few bollards"??

How about 14 miles of them?


Compared to the thousands of kilometres needed, this is only a few.

The wall IS being built.


No, it is not. Again, a few bollards built on a site that the government already had set up for it is not a construction project. It is a pilot project to test feasibility of prototypes.

In construction projects, certain criteria need to be filled in order for the project to move forward. You need things like money, which Trump does not have. You need access to land, which Trump does not have. You need open bid processes. Seen any of those?

Also, the reason the three projects were shelved was because the money to complete those projects hasn't been allocated yet.


Yes, that is why the wall is not being built. Thank you for clarifying why I am right and you are wrong.

But the point is that people like you believe it because Trump said it and it appeals to you. It is no different from Beto saying what he thinks the audience likes.
#15034721
Pants-of-dog wrote:Compared to the thousands of kilometres needed, this is only a few.


Gotta' start somewhere...

No, it is not. Again, a few bollards built on a site that the government already had set up for it is not a construction project. It is a pilot project to test feasibility of prototypes.


The prototypes are already done. The wall is being built. Your willful ignorance doesn't change that...

In construction projects, certain criteria need to be filled in order for the project to move forward. You need things like money, which Trump does not have. You need access to land, which Trump does not have. You need open bid processes. Seen any of those?


Um, yeah.

This is a two year old piece, which discusses the bidding process:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidding-process-for-u-s-border-wall-construction-begins-1489869241

Yes, that is why the wall is not being built. Thank you for clarifying why I am right and you are wrong.


You could not be more wrong.

You say the wall isn't being built. It is.

You're wrong.

You said there'd been no bid process. There was. You're wrong.

You're turning "being wrong" into a fucking career. Saying something isn't happening is hardly sufficient to demonstrate that it's not happening. I've shown you ho the wall is being built. I've provided links to articles which support that.

You've provided nothing...

But the point is that people like you believe it because Trump said it and it appeals to you. It is no different from Beto saying what he thinks the audience likes.


I believe it because it's happening. I believe it because I have friends who live close to the border in San Diego and tell me the wall is being built.

Your insistence that the wall isn't being built is nothing more than wishful, albeit ignorant, thinking...
#15034726
BigSteve wrote:Gotta' start somewhere...


Not really, no.

And you do not disagree that this small effort is not a significant step,towards actually building a wall.

The prototypes are already done. The wall is being built. Your willful ignorance doesn't change that...


Yes, i said that the prototypes were built.

My point, that you failed to rebut, is that this is not a construction project. It is a smaller project designed to test the (already built) prototypes.

Um, yeah.

This is a two year old piece, which discusses the bidding process:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidding-process-for-u-s-border-wall-construction-begins-1489869241


Thanks.

A description of how a process will occur is not the actual process occurring. Much like reading a recipe is not actually cooking.

I believe it because it's happening. I believe it because I have friends who live close to the border in San Diego and tell me the wall is being built.


You have no evidence.

The evidence you do have contradicts your claim.

You believe simply because Trump said it and it appeals to you.
#15034734
Pants-of-dog wrote:Not really, no.


Well, I suppose if you think Americans should be okay with illegal aliens streaming into your country, which you clearly do...

And you do not disagree that this small effort is not a significant step,towards actually building a wall.


It's an important step in the construction of the wall...

Yes, i said that the prototypes were built.

My point, that you failed to rebut, is that this is not a construction project. It is a smaller project designed to test the (already built) prototypes.


The barriers being discussed in the video were not prototypes...

Thanks.

A description of how a process will occur is not the actual process occurring. Much like reading a recipe is not actually cooking.


You really do need to be spoon fed, don't you?

Here's another link to an article which discusses the closing of the bidding process. That means it had taken place:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/04/522652528/bids-for-trump-s-border-wall-are-due-today

You're so Admin Edit:Rule 2 Violation predictable, though, I'm well aware that you'll belch up more of your "I'm right, you're wrong" bullshit.

Bidding took place.

The wall is being built...

You have no evidence.

The evidence you do have contradicts your claim.

You believe simply because Trump said it and it appeals to you.


You've now made it abundantly clear that you're really Admin Edit:Rule 2 and that the only purpose you serve is to be contrary to the truth and to intelligence. You're more interested in arguing than you are in reaching a resolution. If I told you that water was wet you'd disagree.

Admin Edit:Rule 2
#15034737
BigSteve wrote:Well, I suppose if you think Americans should be okay with illegal aliens streaming into your country, which you clearly do...


No one cares about your thoughts about me.

Back to the topic:

Again the wall is a campaign promise, not an actual plan, and people who think it needs to be built are the ones who are the mist likely to fall for Trump’s empty promise.

It's an important step in the construction of the wall...


Not really, no, since wall technology is already well developed and does not need little media stunts like this.

The barriers being discussed in the video were not prototypes...


This is completely irrelevant.

If you want to split haris about what “prototype” means, go ahead.

The actual point is that this is not a construction project that will actually end in a continuous border wall.

Here's another link to an article which discusses the closing of the bidding process. That means it had taken place:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/04/522652528/bids-for-trump-s-border-wall-are-due-today


Please quote the relevant text.
#15034742
Pants-of-dog wrote:No one cares about your thoughts about me.

Back to the topic:

Again the wall is a campaign promise, not an actual plan, and people who think it needs to be built are the ones who are the mist likely to fall for Trump’s empty promise.



Not really, no, since wall technology is already well developed and does not need little media stunts like this.



This is completely irrelevant.

If you want to split haris about what “prototype” means, go ahead.

The actual point is that this is not a construction project that will actually end in a continuous border wall.



Please quote the relevant text.


Sorry, but I'm no longer going down this rabbit hole with you.

If you want to insist that no wall is being built and that you're "right", well, I'd be hard pressed to give a fuck.

You have no interest in any real debate or discussion. All you want to do is be "right".

Fine.

I hope that gives you the satisfaction you so deeply desire...
#15034745
The point is that politicians say what they think will get them voted, not what is realistic or logical.

It worked for Trump with the wall.

It does not seem to be working for O’Rourke and guns.
#15034757
Pants-of-dog wrote:The point is that politicians say what they think will get them voted, not what is realistic or logical.

It worked for Trump with the wall.

It does not seem to be working for O’Rourke and guns.


Are you saying you post "here" for "likes", because I would like to get the couple minutes of my life back from reading your posts on this subject.
#15034759
Finfinder wrote:Are you saying you post "here" for "likes", because I would like to get the couple minutes of my life back from reading your posts on this subject.


No, that s not what I am saying at all.

I am discussing why politicians say things.
#15034769
@Finfinder

I do not care one way or the other if the Democrats want to confiscate guns. My opinion on gun control in the USA is more libertarian than the Republican party, so I think both sides are wrong.

It is also worth pointing out that Biden has also said the exact opposite on other occasions. It is almost as if he is inconsistent, and that he does not care if what he says has anything to do with facts or other things he has said.

This, of course, supports the point that he is trying to use this as a way to get more votes and may only have the loosest relationship to actual policy.
Trump and Russiagate

The United States intelligence community has concl[…]

Albert Einstein once said: «There are two endless […]

JohnRawls demands the freedom to brick to death ol[…]

Dante by his time even was something of an anach[…]