Songs about nothing at all - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:Image

I have noticed that a lot of late-teens listen to music constantly, as I did when I was a late teen. It's almost like they're trying to block something out

The outside world perhaps?
QatzelOk wrote:And who could blame them.

Exactly. :lol:
Beren wrote:The outside world perhaps?

Exactly. :lol:

Yes, but don't get too smug about this.

This is a sign that they hate the world they live in, and that is NEVER a good sign for a civilization. It means that they won't do very much to save themselves from a disaster, and would easily give up in any stressful situation - like a climate disaster or economic depression.

Sealing yourself off from the world leads to social decay, and that's an End-sign for any system. Filling your head with 'nothing at all' is extremely unproductive and is a perfect example of how our system encourages people to waste their lives in isolation.
QatzelOk wrote:This is a sign that they hate the world they live in

Exactly, but they don't mean to block any important thoughts with listening to meaningless music, or whatever you said, they just separate themselves from their environment.
Beren wrote:Exactly, but they don't mean to block any important thoughts with listening to meaningless music, or whatever you said, they just separate themselves from their environment.

"Living in a hateful, disfunctional environment" is the important thought they end up blocking. And this ensures that that environment gets more and more hateful and disfunctional.

This is a circular downward spiral, like any addiction that prevents natural change.
Listening to the Sex Pistols does more than just block out a shit life. It fetishizes shittiness and makes it seem normal and suggests there's no alternative.

Likewise, the last few USA presidents have made shittiness and disfunction seem normal. They have all been Sex Pistol présidents, normalizing nihilism for media- numbed serfs.
QatzelOk wrote:Listening to the Sex Pistols does more than just block out a shit life. It fetishizes shittiness and makes it seem normal and suggests there's no alternative.

Likewise, the last few USA presidents have made shittiness and disfunction seem normal. They have all been Sex Pistol présidents, normalizing nihilism for media- numbed serfs.

I thought you meant they'd made meaningful music. :?:
Beren wrote:I thought you meant they'd made meaningful music. :?:

All that music means is "We're all fucked up from listening to meaningless music, living in measingless suburbs, and being raised in meaningless non-communities."

Wouldn't it be better to just stop doing these meaningless and fake things, and just let nature return to your mind and let your instincts guide you to the natural paradise of instinctive behavior?
Godstud wrote:More songs about nothing, according to shallow, brain-washed @QatzelOk. It's not all about YOU! :knife:

This song reminds me of this , both are meaningful , and powerful songs about what matters .
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but don't get too smug about this.

This is a sign that they hate the world they live in, and that is NEVER a good sign for a civilization. It means that they won't do very much to save themselves from a disaster, and would easily give up in any stressful situation - like a climate disaster or economic depression.

Sealing yourself off from the world leads to social decay, and that's an End-sign for any system. Filling your head with 'nothing at all' is extremely unproductive and is a perfect example of how our system encourages people to waste their lives in isolation.
This song comes to my mind in response .
That you respond to "Negative thoughts" with brain-numbing music... is exactly the problem with music.
This thread title describes every song I am trying to write. One of them is titled "Ride into the G#" because I don't have a lyric for the last word but the note is a G#.
Wulfschilde wrote:This thread title describes every song I am trying to write. One of them is titled "Ride into the G#" because I don't have a lyric for the last word but the note is a G#.

Ride into the Wind? Ride into the Sun? Ride into the Sunset? Ride into the Dance Floor? (all of these are royalty-free)

Personally, I like:
"Ride into the golden sunshine, baby, baby, baby... ride into my love."

But that's only because it's a strong emotional prompt that it creates an ideal product environment for the ads that follow and precede it. Baby-brained people receive emotional-transfer very easily.
QatzelOk wrote:Ride into the Wind? Ride into the Sun? Ride into the Sunset? Ride into the Dance Floor? (all of these are royalty-free)

Personally, I like:
"Ride into the golden sunshine, baby, baby, baby... ride into my love."

But that's only because it's a strong emotional prompt that it creates an ideal product environment for the ads that follow and precede it. Baby-brained people receive emotional-transfer very easily.

I like heavy metal so it would be more like "Ride into the Flames" or "Ride into the Dragon's Maw" or something. Although that latter one would require two notes...

I am just a hobbyist though and I don't sing, so it's just electric guitar stuff that I am trying to get better at doing.
Wulfschilde wrote:I like heavy metal so it would be more like "Ride into the Flames" or "Ride into the Dragon's Maw" or something. Although that latter one would require two notes...

I am just a hobbyist though and I don't sing, so it's just electric guitar stuff that I am trying to get better at doing.

Ride into the flames... baby, baby, baby.... Ow!...ride right into my gaping love. Ow!
QatzelOk wrote:Ride into the flames... baby, baby, baby.... Ow!...ride right into my gaping love. Ow!

Qatz you seem to like the hippie stuff so this one's for you:
Wulfschilde wrote:Qatz you seem to like the hippie stuff so this one's for you:

The chorus is "Water the field, surrender to the earth" which is actually promoting irrigation and agriculture (and perhaps slavery with the word "surrender"), two hugely lifestyle-changing technologies that date from the beginnings of civilization.

So this song is a product placement for two specific technologies (irrigation, agriculture), as well as a product placement for technology-in-general in its positing of early technologies as some kind of holy, sacred moment.
QatzelOk wrote:The chorus is "Water the field, surrender to the earth" which is actually promoting irrigation and agriculture (and perhaps slavery with the word "surrender"), two hugely lifestyle-changing technologies that date from the beginnings of civilization.

So this song is a product placement for two specific technologies (irrigation, agriculture), as well as a product placement for technology-in-general in its positing of early technologies as some kind of holy, sacred moment.

Woah.
QatzelOk wrote:The chorus is "Water the field, surrender to the earth" which is actually promoting irrigation and agriculture (and perhaps slavery with the word "surrender"), two hugely lifestyle-changing technologies that date from the beginnings of civilization.

If you gathered all that from just that one lyrical line , I wonder what your interpretation of these songs would be . What meaning if any is there ?
These are the most hippyish songs that I know . I think that the deeper meaning seems to be esoteric , and perhaps even mystic .

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]