Trump and trumpets - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Robert Urbanek
Choose any that apply to Donald Trump:

The very essence of leadership is that you have to have vision. You can't blow an uncertain trumpet. —Theodore Hesburgh

There are those who wrap themselves in flags and blow the tinny trumpet of patriotism as a means of fooling the people. — George Galloway

Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance. — J. Donald Walters

We shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. — I Corinthians 15:52
By Patrickov
To be fair, Trump does serve a lot. These served people are essentially trumpets. Whether these trumpets deserve such service is debatable though.
By Hindsite
Robert Urbanek wrote:Choose any that apply to Donald Trump:

The very essence of leadership is that you have to have vision. You can't blow an uncertain trumpet. —Theodore Hesburgh

There are those who wrap themselves in flags and blow the tinny trumpet of patriotism as a means of fooling the people. — George Galloway

Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance. — J. Donald Walters

We shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. — I Corinthians 15:52

Of the four statements, I say that the first and third apply to Donald Trump. He has the vision of a leader and he gave up much to serve and be attacked for it.
Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
This is Trump and his Trumpettes.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:This is Trump and his Trumpettes.

Except for the "fooling the people" part. USA, USA, USA.
Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
It's all about the fools following Trump, @Hindsite.

Empty-headed flag-waving to impress the dullards.
By Patrickov
Godstud wrote:It's all about the fools following Trump, @Hindsite.

IMHO it is absurd (and arrogant) to exercise self-righteousness in expressing support to somebody hated by so many. I will proudly admit I am either foolish or wicked instead.

Indeed, sometimes righteous people make me feel so uneasy that I become foolish voluntarily. Meanwhile, because of my own foolishness I often cannot distinguish genuine righteousness and self-righteousness. Exercising benefit of the doubt, I assume all those look righteous are genuinely righteous.

I am aware that Trump, while getting my support, does not look righteous at all.
By foxdemon
Patrickov wrote:IMHO it is absurd (and arrogant) to exercise self-righteousness in expressing support to somebody hated by so many. I will proudly admit I am either foolish or wicked instead.

Indeed, sometimes righteous people make me feel so uneasy that I become foolish voluntarily. Meanwhile, because of my own foolishness I often cannot distinguish genuine righteousness and self-righteousness. Exercising benefit of the doubt, I assume all those look righteous are genuinely righteous.

I am aware that Trump, while getting my support, does not look righteous at all.

The humble man, though he might not be wise but whose mind is open to reassessments, can not help but travel down the road that leads to wisdom. The arrogant man, who also is not wise but thinks he knows it all, and whose mind is closed as a consequence, is on the road which leads to nowhere.
Godstud wrote:It's all about the fools following Trump, @Hindsite.

This is a major part of the problem with politics in this country. Someone can't vote for someone without being called a fool.

I remember the days of intelligent, thoughtful, reasonable debate and discussion between parties. It's sad that we've declined into this "fools following Trump" nonsense.

Expressing such a comment ensures that no one is going to be all too interested in anything you have to say.
Indy wrote:This is a major part of the problem with politics in this country. Someone can't vote for someone without being called a fool.

I remember the days of intelligent, thoughtful, reasonable debate and discussion between parties. It's sad that we've declined into this "fools following Trump" nonsense.

Expressing such a comment ensures that no one is going to be all too interested in anything you have to say.

Standing in their shoes, they have been working very hard to point out how Trump, his family and his administration have been acting against the interest of the United States, and instead for either Israel or Russia (or in particular, Vladimir Putin). They found that some Trump supporters have been very stubborn and sometimes simply denounce the evidence they had put forward as lies, without giving proof of such accusations themselves. In particular, someone on the PoFo has seen bestowing the title "Trump of God" to Trump, which, IMHO, is a sign of lack of ability to reason.

I will not blame these anti-Trump people for stereotyping the Trump supporters' camp as a whole, based on those more stubborn supporters.
By Big Steve-3
Patrickov wrote:I will not blame these anti-Trump people for stereotyping the Trump supporters' camp as a whole, based on those more stubborn supporters.

So, likewise, you would find it perfectly acceptable to stereotype all liberals based on a few of the more vocal, and often uneducated and ignorant, ones?
By Patrickov
Indy wrote:So, likewise, you would find it perfectly acceptable to stereotype all liberals based on a few of the more vocal, and often uneducated and ignorant, ones?

This is a more complicated matter.

My stereotype against them is that, there seem to be a lot of them who master in expressing themselves and persuading others. That makes me feel that they are right, but at the same time I feel uneasy.

EDIT: And sometimes they repeat the same thing over and over again as if we lack intelligence to comprehend, but in reality it is that what they say need a drastic solution, often something that only they are capable of planning or doing.
By Big Steve-3
Patrickov wrote:This is a more complicated matter.

I don't know why you think that.

If stubborn members of one group make it possible for you to accept a stereotype about that group, there's no reason in the world (other than blind partisanship) that stubborn members of another group would make it possible for you to believe stereotypes about that group.

My stereotype against them is that, there seem to be a lot of them who master in expressing themselves and persuading others. That makes me feel that they are right, but at the same time I feel uneasy.

Do you believe Pelosi and Schiff and Nadler are right? Because they've spent the better part of the last three years expressing themselves about Trump and trying to persuade people to believe things about him that just aren't true.
By late
Indy wrote:
I remember the days of intelligent, thoughtful, reasonable debate

Like the Birther guys, of which Trump was the leader?

How about Bhengazi, which after a bazillion hearings, they admitted was total BS?

Or how about Newt?

This is a book by a republican that worked in Congress for a long time. The title is 'How Republicans went crazy".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143124218/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1
By Patrickov
Indy wrote:I don't know why you think that.

If stubborn members of one group make it possible for you to accept a stereotype about that group, there's no reason in the world (other than blind partisanship) that stubborn members of another group would make it possible for you to believe stereotypes about that group.

It logically stands, but ultimately it is about feeling, opinion and emotion, which sometimes cannot be explained logically.

Indeed, I have given my explanation right afterwards, and I do not expect the post to be split when quoted.

Indy wrote:Do you believe Pelosi and Schiff and Nadler are right? Because they've spent the better part of the last three years expressing themselves about Trump and trying to persuade people to believe things about him that just aren't true.

I actually was talking about some PoFo members taking their stand.
By Big Steve-3
late wrote:Like the Birther guys, of which Trump was the leader?

How about Bhengazi, which after a bazillion hearings, they admitted was total BS?

Or how about Newt?

This is a book by a republican that worked in Congress for a long time. The title is 'How Republicans went crazy".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143124218/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1

The level of vitriol that we have these days was unheard of even 25 years ago. I hate that politics has become an arena for hatred and self-preservation as opposed to working for the American people.

I have a rule that I steadfastly adhere to: The first candidate from whom I see a negative ad will not get my vote. Period.

Accordingly, Mike Bloomberg is already off my list. The first ad I saw from him was really good until the very end, when it took a swipe at Trump. When I consider a candidate, I want him (or her) to tell me how he/she will work to make things better for Americans. I don't need you to tell me what your opponent has done or hasn't done. I can figure that out on my own. Tell me what you will do. I want to know your plan, not why you don't like your opponent's plan.
By Patrickov
Indy wrote:I have a rule that I steadfastly adhere to: The first candidate from whom I see a negative ad will not get my vote. Period.

Wait. I thought Trump also suffered from negative ad?
By late
Indy wrote:
I have a rule that I steadfastly adhere to: The first candidate from whom I see a negative ad will not get my vote. Period.

Trump only goes negative on days that end in y... Do you ever watch the news???

You've never directly participated. It gets nasty. And they have no way to control the dark money pacs.

IOW, you've just said you never vote for anybody.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession ... This is co[…]

The UCJ just ordered Israel to allow food aid . […]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]