Sex Drugs and Alcohol, Baby; that's what its all about - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Why did America lose the Vietnam war? Sex Drugs and Alcohol. Its really that simple. If you want a mass army, I not talking about a small, well paid professional force, if you want a mass army of poorly paid conscripts you have to restrict young men's access to sex, drugs and alcohol, particularly sex. Until modern time restricting men's access to sex wasn't normally an issue, although it should be noted that great military leaders like Shaka went to special effort to restrict Zulu young men's access to sex.

Why do you think Muslims have been so successful? They restrict their young men's access to sex, alcohol and in Saudi Arabia, drugs as well. Voila, there you have it an army of army of extremely frustrated angry, sober young men, just waiting to be conscripted into a conflict.

1917 the Russian urban working class was mad for revolution and they duly organised one. They overthrew the Provisional government broke open the wine and liqueur cellars and preceded to drink themselves senseless. This of course didn't please our puritanical middle class intellectuals like Lenin. Thanks to his friends in the German high command, the Russian army had been collapsed and so with very small forces of fanatics like the Kronstadt Sailors who had closed down their bars and brothels he was able to seize power over vast areas of the world's land mass. Of the greatest men of the twentieth century, who really changed the course of history, Lenin and Hitler were tee-totalers and Trotsky was a near tee-totaller.

Anyway with the China19 virus we are currently being called for an anti war. We're looking at one of the greatest demobilisations in history. An army is exactly what they don't want. I think some people have been concerned that this lock down is going to be boring. :lol: I don't think you need to be worried.

There's going to be 2 types of young men in this lock down. Those that wish they had a girl friend and those that wish they hadn't. Those that wish they had a girl friend and those that wish they had a different girl friend. :lol: And don't get me started on the young homosexuals. You couldn't stop them going bare back at the height of the AIDS crisis. Good luck getting them to quarantine to protect the old.

Liberals I think you are going to find yourself with an army, just when you really didn't want one.
Rich wrote:
Why did America lose the Vietnam war? Sex Drugs and Alcohol. Its really that simple.

Why did Vietnam work out so differently from the Korean conflict?

In Korea, we were all in. We are still there.

But in Vietnam, despite what people said, we were never fully committed. That would have meant invading the North, trying to get Hanoi. This would have brought both Russia and China into the fighting. Which is why we didn't. But the dynamic of war is simple, you need to make the other guy want to stop. We didn't do that.
late wrote:Why did Vietnam work out so differently from the Korean conflict?

In Korea, we were all in. We are still there.

Korea was very much fought in the shadow of world war 2. The young men could hardly refuse to serve given the enormous sacrifice of a few years earlier. In WWI and WWII, putting on a uniform was often the best way to get laid. In WWI Women mocked and humiliated men who were out of uniform. In WWI and WWII, war was highly exciting to many young men, an alternative to "boring" peacetime occupations. By 1967 it was dropping out, smoking weed, going to rock concerts and bedding hippy chicks that seemed like the exciting alternative.

I've been amazed by the sacrifice of young people in Australia. When called upon to give up work on full pay, sling some iced beers in the Ute and head for the beach, thousands upon thousands have heeded the call. But now we're seeking an outbreak of whining. Apparently now, going to the beach is not what lock-down means. In fact this whining about people not taking the lock down "seriously" is spreading and threatening to become an epidemic.

I sometimes ask people a question, why have the Muslims been so successful, but the hippies been such failures? I mean tiny numbers of Muslims are able to enforce their will on the rest of us. They've created a world wide ban on Mohammed cartoons. But yet across the West tens of millions have been smoking weed for decades, yet only now are they finally starting to get cannabis decriminalised.

The 4 great religions of the world are Christianity, Islam, Drugs and Alcohol. Alcoholists are far more devout than Christians or Muslims, just look at church attendance. Muslims don't call their churches churches theycall them Mosques. Well confusingly Alcoholists don't call their churches churches either, they call them bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. As long as the Alcoholists are supplied with alcohol, as long as the hippies have got their weed, you really don't need to worry about them agitating, you don't have to worry about them becoming politically active.

Young men normally don't matter. Most don't vote, their concerns are irrelevant. Take away sex, drugs and alcohol and I think you'll find they start making their presence felt.
Rich wrote:The 4 great religions of the world are Christianity, Islam, Drugs and Alcohol. Alcoholists are far more devout than Christians or Muslims, just look at church attendance. Muslims don't call their churches churches theycall them Mosques. Well confusingly Alcoholists don't call their churches churches either, they call them bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. As long as the Alcoholists are supplied with alcohol, as long as the hippies have got their weed, you really don't need to worry about them agitating, you don't have to worry about them becoming politically active.

If drugs and alcohol can be religion (neither of them organised and spiritual, seriously) I strongly believe that sex is being unfairly ignored.
Rich wrote:
Korea was very much fought in the shadow of world war 2. The young men could hardly refuse to serve given the enormous sacrifice of a few years earlier. In WWI and WWII, putting on a uniform was often the best way to get laid. In WWI Women mocked and humiliated men who were out of uniform. In WWI and WWII, war was highly exciting to many young men, an alternative to "boring" peacetime occupations. By 1967 it was dropping out, smoking weed, going to rock concerts and bedding hippy chicks that seemed like the exciting alternative.

I've been amazed by the sacrifice of young people in Australia. When called upon to give up work on full pay, sling some iced beers in the Ute and head for the beach, thousands upon thousands have heeded the call. But now we're seeking an outbreak of whining. Apparently now, going to the beach is not what lock-down means. In fact this whining about people not taking the lock down "seriously" is spreading and threatening to become an epidemic.

I sometimes ask people a question, why have the Muslims been so successful, but the hippies been such failures? I mean tiny numbers of Muslims are able to enforce their will on the rest of us. They've created a world wide ban on Mohammed cartoons. But yet across the West tens of millions have been smoking weed for decades, yet only now are they finally starting to get cannabis decriminalised.

The 4 great religions of the world are Christianity, Islam, Drugs and Alcohol. Alcoholists are far more devout than Christians or Muslims, just look at church attendance. Muslims don't call their churches churches theycall them Mosques. Well confusingly Alcoholists don't call their churches churches either, they call them bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. As long as the Alcoholists are supplied with alcohol, as long as the hippies have got their weed, you really don't need to worry about them agitating, you don't have to worry about them becoming politically active.

Young men normally don't matter. Most don't vote, their concerns are irrelevant. Take away sex, drugs and alcohol and I think you'll find they start making their presence felt.

That has f*** all to do with reality.

If you look at the internal government papers talking about the conflict, they talk about a full commitment, but the military guys complained for most of the war that it wasn't what they were allowed to do.

I was a protester back then. I am not saying I wanted to conquer Hanoi, I am saying war has a simple logic behind it.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]