Are the current US mass demonstrations violent or not? I say no. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

There are some here who want to point out all the violence and brand all the protesters with that label. Surely this was that attitude of Trump when he ordered the peaceful protesters in front of the White House to be as quickly as possible cleared so that he could walk across the park and street to stage a photo-op.

I would like to remind everyone of what happened in Charlotte, VA early in the Trump admin. Then about 200 Nazis marched in the streets and said they were peaceful. Then one of them drove his car into a crowd and killed a woman. The Nazis said they were not involved that he was just one person, and not 'them'. So, 1/200 of them murdered a woman. Now, we see the people who supported the Nazis painting the current protesters as all being violent when it is 800,000 peaceful and 200 (?) violent, so this is 1/4000 who are violent. Should we now round up all 200 of the marching Nazis and charge them with murder? NO, but I'd like the people on the right to STFU. These are peaceful protesters vs violent police or LEO. The fact that criminals use the protests to steal or burn buildings is not the fault of the other 800,000 protesters.

LegalEagle, 18.2 min. long

Most of the protests are peaceful, and it's the police who are instigating violence and brutality. The videos are pouring out of these injustices, daily.

They attack the press, peaceful protesters and black people at their whim.

Fuck the police.
Steve_American wrote:There are some here who want to point out all the violence and brand all the protesters with that label. Surely this was that attitude of Trump when he ordered the peaceful protesters in front of the White House to be as quickly as possible cleared so that he could walk across the park and street to stage a photo-op.

I would like to remind everyone of what happened in Charlotte, VA early in the Trump admin. Then about 200 Nazis marched in the streets and said they were peaceful. Then one of them drove his car into a crowd and killed a woman. The Nazis said they were not involved that he was just one person, and not 'them'. So, 1/200 of them murdered a woman. Now, we see the people who supported the Nazis painting the current protesters as all being violent when it is 800,000 peaceful and 200 (?) violent, so this is 1/4000 who are violent. Should we now round up all 200 of the marching Nazis and charge them with murder? NO, but I'd like the people on the right to STFU. These are peaceful protesters vs violent police or LEO. The fact that criminals use the protests to steal or burn buildings is not the fault of the other 800,000 protesters.

LegalEagle, 18.2 min. long

You have been listing to the left-wing Marxist propaganda lies. Of course, they are violent.
Trump has been able to withstand all the lies against him for nearly 4 years.
The fake news media and the left are freaking out.
Steve_American wrote:Well, taking into account all the respect I have for your opinion,
you just asserted your opinion there with not shred of evidence to back it up.

Why are all these protesters to be blamed for the actions of the few and clubed, when the neo-Nazis were not held to the same standard?

All you presented was opinion too. As to the Charlotte incident, that one guy that came to join the so-called Neo-Nazis group seemed to be a crazy guy who got lost trying to leave and then was frighted for his life by the protesters banging on his car and just wanted to get out of there in a hurry. The rest of the so-called Neo-Nazis group just protested peacefully and left when told to do so by police. The other side decided to stay and block off streets.

I don't really blame all the protesters, but there was definitely more than just a few bad actors in the Floyd protests.

Minneapolis protests following the killing of George Floyd spiral out of control | DW News
May 29, 2020

[b]Trump Calls Violent Protests Over George Floyd's Death Are 'Acts of Domestic Terror'
Jun 1, 2020
OK, I watched your video. The only violence it contained was 1 or 2 sec. of a boy umping up and down on the hood of a burning car and shots at night of burning things that are probably buildings.

I have seen over an hour of footage of peaceful protesters and police (LEOs) attacking them.
So, far I have not seen 1 sec. of video of violence aimed at the LEOs or a shot of anyone lighting a fire.
Your side is losing the propaganda fight.
In all fairness, it is possible that the video I've seen was selected to show the protesters being ONLY peaceful.
OTOH, your side really needs to have a few hundred cameras going all the time to record at least one actual violent act.
So far your side has not shown me 1 such video.
I claim that most of the fires were set by just a few people and that at least some of them were set by gov. agents to provoke outrage and provide a reason for a harsh crack down. You can't prove me wrong, not yet at least.
As for "looting", you elevate property right over human rights. I elevate human rights over property rights. Property is often insured, dead people can't be brought back to life. So far I have seen little evidence that the looters are not just criminals taking advantage of the situation. Some could even be white or gov. agents.
I know that you watch your own media, media that I think fills your head with fake news and lies. You think the same of me.
Time will tell.

And so far you have not explained why neo-Nazis should not *all* be held accountable for the actions of 1% of their own. You do know that collective guilt and punishment is a crime-against-humanity under UN treaties, right?
Steve_American wrote:OK, I watched your video. The only violence it contained was 1 or 2 sec. of a boy umping up and down on the hood of a burning car and shots at night of burning things that are probably buildings.

I know that you watch your own media, media that I think fills your head with fake news and lies. You think the same of me.
Time will tell.

And so far you have not explained why neo-Nazis should not *all* be held accountable for the actions of 1% of their own. You do know that collective guilt and punishment is a crime-against-humanity under UN treaties, right?

The so-called Neo-Nazis you are referring to have not started riots in major cities all over this nation. I guess you must still have your head up the rear-end of the CNN and MSNBC commentators to deny the obvious.

Reporter on the ground in Portland pushes back on ‘peaceful protest’ narrative
Jul 27, 2020
The Daily Caller media reporter Shelby Talcott discusses what she’s seen in Portland, Oregon, while covering violent civil unrest and protests.

Violent riots in the US aren’t about BLM, they’re about ‘flipping over the system’
Jul 28, 2020

In the United States things are out of control in several cities “run by lefty mayors, cheered on by lefty media” as violent protests reach fever pitch across the “This garbage is still being called peaceful protests,” Mr Murray said.

“It has nothing to do with George Floyd anymore, it ain’t about Black Lives Matter, it’s about flipping over the system.

“Make no mistake the crazies here want this stuff to happen here.”country, according to Sky News host Paul Murray.

People break windows, start fires in downtown Denver Saturday night; 12 arrested
Aug 23, 2020

Chicago police released video footage show a group of demonstrators bringing projectiles and preparing to confront police during a protest at the statue of Christopher Columbus in downtown Chicago which turned violent.
Jul 20, 2020
From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Conflict_Location_and_Event_Data_Project

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Also goes onto point out BLM associated protests have declined but have been overall peaceful.
Also that protests with more government intervention are more violent and particularly when BLM is associated with the event.
Never mind the violence, never mind the riots the Blacks Lies Matter demonstrations demonstrate what a bunch of lying, hate filled hypocrites the left were in their support for the lockdown. For the ideologically committed Liberals and Leftists, they weren't smashing the economy to save lives, they were supporting the lockdown in order to smash the economy. For many their overriding aim is to get rid of Trump, but for the extreme leftists the aim is to overthrow freedom, democracy, private ownership, free speech and the 2nd Amendment and to set up their totalitarian utopia.

Mass demonstrations spread viruses and bacteria. Obviously when you start rioting and looting its even worse, but the key point is that the demonstrations themselves expose the whole Covid con.

NATIONWIDE DEMONSTRATIONS

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these — or nearly 95% — involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 — or approximately 5% — involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

ACLED conducted a pilot data collection program for the US last summer, allowing for comparison of the current moment with the same time period last year. In July of this year alone, ACLED records nearly 2,000 demonstrations — an increase of 42% from the 1,400 demonstrations recorded in July 2019.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demons ... mmer-2020/

Please note that @Wellsy also provided this link earlier.
Godstud wrote:Most of the protests are peaceful, and it's the police who are instigating violence and brutality. The videos are pouring out of these injustices, daily.

They attack the press, peaceful protesters and black people at their whim.

Fuck the police.

Propaganda fake news post and pure rpojection.

For folks that lurk and read this site this why you should not listen to American hating foriengers regarding US politics.
Steve_American wrote:Surely this was that attitude of Trump when he ordered the peaceful protesters in front of the White House to be as quickly as possible cleared so that he could walk across the park and street to stage a photo-op.

They were not peaceful. They were routinely throwing filled water bottles at the Secret Service, covering public property in graffiti, trying to tear down the statue of Andrew Jackson and even tried to light the church on fire where Trump sought a photo-op.

Steve_American wrote:I would like to remind everyone of what happened in Charlotte, VA early in the Trump admin. Then about 200 Nazis marched in the streets and said they were peaceful. Then one of them drove his car into a crowd and killed a woman.

That's not what happened in Charlottesville. A Unite the Right movement was against the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue. They protested peacefully, but without a permit. They were ordered to disperse, and they did. Then, they got a permit for another protest and their numbers grew. The mayor was upset that there was no counterprotest to the first protest, so he got Antifa/BLM and other groups ready for a counter protest. During the second protest, naturally, the Antifa/BLM types were violent, and 22 of them were arrested. None of the Unite the Right people were arrested, including some neo-Nazis because they were all peaceful. Then, Unite the Right petitioned to protest again, and their permit was denied by the mayor, and they had to sue to get the permit and won their suit. This time, the mayor of Charlotte ordered the police to stand down--allowing Antifa/BLM to violently attack the Unite the Right crowd, which they did. The police declared an unlawful assembly and the Unite the Right crowd dispersed. The Antifa/BLM people continued marching in the street unlawfully. Then, James Fields ran them down with his car, evidently killing Heather Heyer in the process.

So let's not leave out the context. It wasn't some one-dimensional story. Everybody knows it, and everybody knows the media lied about it.

Steve_American wrote:The Nazis said they were not involved that he was just one person, and not 'them'.

It was just one person in a car.

Steve_American wrote:Now, we see the people who supported the Nazis painting the current protesters as all being violent when it is 800,000 peaceful and 200 (?) violent, so this is 1/4000 who are violent.

There aren't nearly 800k people protesting. Most of them are professional protesters harvested from a criminal class of people specifically to get violent. For example, when Kyle Rittenhouse had to defend his life, shooting three people, every single one of them had a felony criminal record, such as registered sex offender, domestic violence, strangulation, etc. If you are defending yourself from a mob and you have to shoot three people, do you know what the odds are that all three people you shoot would all have significant criminal records? It would be about a 0.002% chance. You can continue to try to pretend that these people are all "peaceful." We know that they aren't.

Steve_American wrote:Should we now round up all 200 of the marching Nazis and charge them with murder? NO, but I'd like the people on the right to STFU.

No. We won't shut up. Michael Forest Reinoehl was arrested for illegally carrying a gun at a protest in violation of gun control laws. He was then let go by the DA and given his gun back, because they decided not to prosecute potentially violent protesters even after they had broken the law. Reinoehl then went on to kill a Patriot Prayer protester, Aaron Danielson, in cold blood after hunting him down. This is being done deliberately with the sanction of the state, just as the Charlotte, VA Unite the Right rally was deliberately attacked by Antifa/BLM and others with the coordination of the mayor.

Following a memorial service for Aaron Danlielson, another Antifa/BLM terrorist followed attendees to a bar where they were having a celebration of life party for Aaron Danielson, and the terrorist ran over Shane Moon.
https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/sep ... rking-lot/

The Democrats want violence, because they think it will help them electorally. However, it seems to be backfiring on them.

Steve_American wrote:The fact that criminals use the protests to steal or burn buildings is not the fault of the other 800,000 protesters.

There aren't 800k other protesters. This is why assemblies need to be peaceable, permitted, and police present to maintain order. Unlawful assemblies lead to riots. So anyone participating without a permitted assembly is creating the conditions for lawlessness.

Godstud wrote:Most of the protests are peaceful, and it's the police who are instigating violence and brutality.

The police have not been setting fire to their own police cars, killing people on the street, setting fire to businesses or looting. That's a lie.

Steve_American wrote:Is it because they have *no* counter argument?

I hope I can shame some into replying.

It's because we didn't need another thread for this topic.

Steve_American wrote:Why are all these protesters to be blamed for the actions of the few and clubed, when the neo-Nazis were not held to the same standard?

The neo-Nazis did not start any violence. Antifa/BLM did with the sanction of the Charlotte mayor and a police order to stand down. Plus, the neo-Nazis did not go around burning buildings, setting police cars on fire, breaking windows, or looting. James Fields was mentally ill and evidently had some sort of melt down. Heather Heyer died. That's one person. So far more than 30 people have died in the Antifa/BLM riots. In case you're no good at math, that's 30 times as many deaths. There was also little or no property destruction by the Unite the Right people, whereas entire police precincts have been burned and shuttered and blocks of a city taken over with no response from law enforcement. In other venues, over 700 law enforcement officers have been injured. Over 250 CVS and over 350 Walgreens pharmacies have been looted.

There is a reason Democrats are going to lose. They spurned this on, and then cut police budgets in the thick of riots they started.

Steve_American wrote:Your side is losing the propaganda fight.

You're dreaming if you think that's the case. Former Democrats, liberals, people in favor of gun control are buying guns in the millions now.

Steve_American wrote:I claim that most of the fires were set by just a few people and that at least some of them were set by gov. agents to provoke outrage and provide a reason for a harsh crack down. You can't prove me wrong, not yet at least.

Well, you haven't provided any evidence for a claim like this. Trump hasn't provided a harsh crack down. It's a local law enforcement issue, and becomes a state law enforcement issue when local forces request help. For attacks on federal property, it's a federal issue. For crossing state lines to commit violence, it's also a federal issue.

Steve_American wrote:As for "looting", you elevate property right over human rights. I elevate human rights over property rights. Property is often insured, dead people can't be brought back to life.

Watch this video showing the recent riots in Chicago--with remaining aftermath from the riots in 1968.

Insurance doesn't cover forces majeure in many cases. Do you understand why Macys and Bloomingdales are leaving Chicago? Do you see why WalMart is likely to follow? It's not a freebie that you get to slough off on insurance companies as if it were somehow cost free. Riots do lasting damage, because insurance frequently doesn't pay out for riots. It destroys businesses, livelihoods, and entire communities. Detroit never recovered from the riots in the 1960s. These riots will hurt the urban poor the hardest, and they are turning against the Democrats now.
Meanwhile, I have heard that there's a serious pandemic going on, so that people really should be not congregating in large groups for any reason, I'm told...Social distancing, masking, and hygenic precautions are a must, no doubt.

Unless it's for something the Liberals are aligned with ideologically. What hypocrisy. Maybe they want their own followers to get sick, and spread this disease further?
blackjack21 wrote:The police have not been setting fire to their own police cars, killing people on the street, setting fire to businesses or looting. That's a lie.
:roll: You know I am not talking about property damage, but about people. I know you only care about things, however, so I can forgive your overt apathy. Sociopaths are like that.
Steve_American wrote:Your side is losing the propaganda fight.

Nearly half of all voters believe recent protests have been mostly violent rather than peaceful
Just two out of five voters believe demonstrations have been "generally peaceful."
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... ly-violent

Your side owns the MSM, the big tech social media platforms, the big corporate advertisers, the big corporate backed think tanks and foundations, Science! and academia, and most of the state apparatus, and you're still losing ground in the info war. :lol: :knife:
Sivad wrote:Nearly half of all voters believe recent protests have been mostly violent rather than peaceful
Just two out of five voters believe demonstrations have been "generally peaceful."
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... ly-violent

Your side owns the MSM, the big tech social media platforms, the big corporate advertisers, the big corporate backed think tanks and foundations, Science! and academia, and most of the state apparatus, and you're still losing ground in the info war. :lol: :knife:

Jeez, Sivad has turned into a complete Trumpster dimwit, wtf? :lol:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]