Are the current US mass demonstrations violent or not? I say no. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15118414
Godstud wrote::roll: You know I am not talking about property damage, but about people. I know you only care about things, however, so I can forgive your overt apathy. Sociopaths are like that.

People own property. When you damage their property, you damage them. When you attack them--like by launching incendiary mortars at them--you injure them. Over 700 police officers have been injured. Antifa and BLM are very dangerous people.

Sivad wrote:Your side owns the MSM, the big tech social media platforms, the big corporate advertisers, the big corporate backed think tanks and foundations, Science! and academia, and most of the state apparatus, and you're still losing ground in the info war. :lol: :knife:

Boy are they ever. Have you seen the Trump crowds again? Biden comes out of the house once every two or three days, gives a press conference, takes no questions, and then disappears. We know why he can't take questions--he even screws up the scripted ones with answers already in the teleprompter for him. However, Kamala Harris isn't taking questions either. It's the bloody weirdest presidential campaign I've ever seen. I mean, Mondale-Ferraro was bad, but this is surreal.
#15118420
blackjack21 wrote:People own property. When you damage their property, you damage them. When you attack them--like by launching incendiary mortars at them--you injure them. Over 700 police officers have been injured. Antifa and BLM are very dangerous people.


Goddamnit, won't someone think of the REAL issue here. The lives of countless windows and shoes are at risk from these barbaric protesters!
#15118422
Fasces wrote:Goddamnit, won't someone think of the REAL issue here. The lives of countless windows and shoes are at risk from these barbaric protesters!

Riot Death Toll Is Now Greater Than Number of Unarmed Blacks Killed By Police In 2019

This was on June 4. More than twice as many people have been killed by the riots supposedly about unarmed black men being killed by police than were actually killed by police in 2019. You folks can retire the pretension that these protests are non-violent and non-criminal. Criminal is not peaceful.
#15119103
The overwhelming majority of protests against police brutality have been peaceful. And even the "violent" ones are usually either just minor property damage or police riots.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

The vast majority of Black Lives Matter protests—more than 93%—have been peaceful, according to a new report published Thursday by a nonprofit that researches political violence and protests across the world.

The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) analyzed more than 7,750 Black Lives Matter demonstrations in all 50 states and Washington D.C. that took place in the wake of George Floyd’s death between May 26 and August 22.

Their report states that more than 2,400 locations reported peaceful protests, while fewer than 220 reported “violent demonstrations.” The authors define violent demonstrations as including “acts targeting other individuals, property, businesses, other rioting groups or armed actors.” Their definition includes anything from “fighting back against police” to vandalism, property destruction looting, road-blocking using barricades, burning tires or other materials. In cities where protests did turn violent—these demonstrations are “largely confined to specific blocks,” the report says.
#15119127
It points right back to mainstream outlets like CNN, CBS, the Washington Times, and FoxNews.

15 People Died In The Protests And Riots Following George Floyd’s Death. Here’s Who They Are
Yes, we know you can't talk about it, because Black Lives Matter ends up killing black people, as though black lives don't matter.

Image
#15119236
Pants-of-dog wrote:@blackjack21 continues to imply that the protests are responsible for deaths caused by racist vigilantes and trigger happy cops.

St. Louis man arrested in fatal shooting of retired police officer David Dorn
Let's take this on a case by case basis. Why do you think that Stephen Cannon is one of a racist vigilante or a trigger happy cop?

Image
He killed a retired police officer defending a pawn shop belonging to his friend when Cannon decided to shoot him and kill him during the riots in St. Louis.
#15119343
skinster wrote:The violence at protests mostly comes from cops and their mates.


Indeed.

Pants-of-dog wrote:@blackjack21 continues to imply that the protests are responsible for deaths caused by racist vigilantes and trigger happy cops.


And in response to using a far-right conspiracy theorist website, blackjack21 then appeals to the Daily Caller as the more "legitimate" source :lol:
#15119589
Pants-of-dog wrote:And once again, he makes the same implied argument that the killing is due to the protests, when it was obviously a crime of opportunity that was not caused by the protests at all.

It's not an implied argument. It is an express argument. You are making the claim that the crimes committed during the riots are unrelated to the rioters themselves.

skinster wrote:The violence at protests mostly comes from cops and their mates.

The police are not burning down businesses or looting. That's rioters.

KurtFF8 wrote:And in response to using a far-right conspiracy theorist website, blackjack21 then appeals to the Daily Caller as the more "legitimate" source :lol:

These are facts, and they are uncontested. The only thing you people are doing is trying to divorce the criminal behavior from the rioters, as though they were mutually exclusive when clearly they are not.

Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 usually uses Stormfront as a source for all his racist needs.

Liar. You cannot find a single post I've made where I have ever quoted Stormfront.

The reality is that the BLM riots are backfiring.

Black Lives Matter protesters in DC seen berating diners, demanding they raise their fists, in viral videos

Here, you can get it from See BS too:





Reward offered for suspect who shot 2 Los Angeles sheriff's deputies in apparent ambush

You'll notice the news media is not covering that bystanders thought it was a good thing. Additionally, protesters blocked the entrance to the emergency room where the deputies were taken after they were shot. The media only reports that a reporter was arrested, and doesn't show the protesters shouting "oink, oink!" and "we hope they die!" even though they have the footage.



This is why we don't trust the mainstream media to tell the truth.





It's also why the BLM protesters aren't looked on favorably by a lot of Americans, as nobody compels them to go to a hospital and riot where two sheriffs deputies were being treated following an assassination attempt. Even Biden and Harris had to condemn this.


Pants-of-dog wrote:And once again, he makes the same implied argument that the killing is due to the protests, when it was obviously a crime of opportunity that was not caused by the protests at all.

It's not an implied argument. It is an express argument. You are making the claim that the crimes committed during the riots are unrelated to the rioters themselves.

skinster wrote:The violence at protests mostly comes from cops and their mates.

The police are not burning down businesses or looting. That's rioters.

KurtFF8 wrote:And in response to using a far-right conspiracy theorist website, blackjack21 then appeals to the Daily Caller as the more "legitimate" source :lol:

These are facts, and they are uncontested. The only thing you people are doing is trying to divorce the criminal behavior from the rioters, as though they were mutually exclusive when clearly they are not.

Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 usually uses Stormfront as a source for all his racist needs.

Liar. You cannot find a single post I've made where I have ever quoted Stormfront.

The reality is that the BLM riots are backfiring.

Black Lives Matter protesters in DC seen berating diners, demanding they raise their fists, in viral videos

Here, you can get it from See BS too:



Reward offered for suspect who shot 2 Los Angeles sheriff's deputies in apparent ambush

You'll notice the news media is not covering that bystanders though it was a good thing. Additionally, protesters blocked the entrance to the emergency room where the deputies were taken after they were shot. The media only reports that a reporter was arrested, and doesn't show the protesters shouting "oink, oink!" and "we hope they die!".



This is why we don't trust the mainstream media to tell the truth.





It's also why the BLM protesters aren't looked on favorably by a lot of Americans, as nobody compels them to go to a hospital and riot where two sheriffs deputies were being treated following an assassination attempt. Even Biden and Harris had to condemn this.

Pretty much, what pricks. You don’t get to renege […]

I agree the government needs to resign and have do[…]

Election 2020

Indeed, "It's always something" is the […]

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/germany-to-reform-[…]