Old School Left Calls For End To Cancel Culture Of The New McCarthyist Left - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

skinster wrote:You can't share anything Salaita or Finkelstein said that's racist because it doesn't exist. Spare me your "believe victims" schtick, when you spend over 150 pages in the BLM thread defending racist killers and ignoring the victims. :lol:

Sorry but you need to spare me and everyone else of this "believe the victims" crap. You apply it hypocritically and this once again proves it.

skinster wrote:Why did you call them neonazis then and suggest them losing their careers was deserved?

I'm simply using the same sort of ridiculous vitriol you are so keen on using. And I didn't make any claims on whether their firings were deserved, I only said the got monetary compensation for them.

skinster wrote:No they didn't. Because they don't exist. And we know that if they did, you'd have provided them as examples to support this weird argument you're making. The victims in this story are Salaita and Finkelstein, why don't you believe them, since apparently you care about victims now? :excited:

This shows once again that you will only believe in alleged victims depending on their ethnicity - yet another example of racist double standards.
wat0n wrote:Sorry but you need to spare me and everyone else of this "believe the victims" crap. You apply it hypocritically and this once again proves it.

You started that "believe victims" shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you are a believer of victims, which you're obviously not but let's play, then you'd support Finkelstein and Salaita.

I'm simply using the same sort of ridiculous vitriol you are so keen on using.

This is a weird way of you saying you can't prove the people you said were neonazis, aren't neonazis. But ok, accepted.

This shows once again that you will only believe in alleged victims depending on their ethnicity - yet another example of racist double standards.

I've asked you a number of times to a) prove any racism coming from Salaita and Finkelstein like you claim and b) show me who their victims are, and you can't. So just admit it. I mean it's obvious at this stage so why lie? Very weird MO you have, waton. :lol:
skinster wrote:You started that "believe victims" shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you are a believer of victims, which you're obviously not but let's play, then you'd support Finkelstein and Salaita.

I believe on analyzing incidents in a case by case basis.

And yes you are part of that crowd, well, when the alleged victim has the correct race - which is why you don't like it when this nonsense is applied against your buddies and the victims in this case are of a certain ethnicity you don't like. That's the truth :lol:

skinster wrote:I've asked you a number of times to a) prove any racism coming from Salaita and Finkelstein like you claim and b) show me who their victims are, and you can't. So just admit it. I mean it's obvious at this stage so why lie? Very weird MO you have, waton. :lol:

Still missing the point: As I have repeatedly said, I don't think they should have been fired regardless of whether they are antisemitic or not. Even racists should not be fired simply for their opinions.

This extends even to you! :lol:
skinster wrote:
I've asked you a number of times to a) prove any racism coming from Salaita and Finkelstein like you claim and b) show me who their victims are, and you can't. So just admit it. I mean it's obvious at this stage so why lie? Very weird MO you have, waton. :lol:

wat0n wrote:
Still missing the point: As I have repeatedly said, I don't think they should have been fired regardless of whether they are antisemitic or not. Even racists should not be fired simply for their opinions.

This extends even to you! :lol:

You're *still* not providing any backing or evidence for your slanderous claims about Salaita and Finkelstein, so all you have is hyperbole and your implication here that Salaita and Finkelstein are somehow racist for opposing Israel's institutional racism.
ckaihatsu wrote:You're *still* not providing any backing or evidence for your slanderous claims about Salaita and Finkelstein, so all you have is hyperbole and your implication here that Salaita and Finkelstein are somehow racist for opposing Israel's institutional racism.

Oh so you are also part of those who blindly believe the victims depending on their race? :)

skinster wrote:So you can't prove that Salaita and Finkelstein are racists/bigots, you can't share anything they've stated that supports that claim of yours that you repeatedly made and you can't find any of their victims that appear to have been pulled out of your ass. Cool story, but I already knew. :D

No, I'm simply following your example of believing the victims of racism. You have no right to tell Jews that they can't tell antisemitism when they experience it.
wat0n wrote:
Oh so you are also part of those who blindly believe the victims depending on their race? :)

Why are you *smiling* about this, Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation?

Do you think that this is all a little 'intellectual' exercise for you, to keep your 'brain muscles' in shape? 'Mentally fit' while you do crosswords on weekends?

Since you don't *officially* notice, the *history* here is one of land-grabs and gentrification, much like the land history of the U.S.
skinster wrote:You need to work on your lies because you're all over the place. If you can't prove stuff you claim, maybe don't say anything. That could be a good start.

I don't have to when I'm successfully showing the absurdity of postmodern cancel culture, by using their tactics against you. It's simple, really, so simple I already explained it.

I don't even need to prove anything about Finkelstein or Salaita being racist since people who were victimized by them (as claimed by the people claiming to have been victimized themselves) pushed back against both. That's exactly what the snowflake cancellers do, so why whine and demand presumption of innocence for your buddies?
wat0n wrote:
@ckaihatsu, @skinster yes, I actually do regard this discussion as mental exercise, honing my own ideas and general fun ;)

I sure as hell don't believe posting here will change society in any way. You can't seriously believe otherwise :eh:

Yeah, it's obvious -- "liberals" like yourself, actually statists, just want to fuck around with the topic of other people's lives because you feel that people have no agency on their own, and that the state will just override anything anyway, despite the historic Civil Rights Movement, and now Black Lives Matter.

You're showing *all* of us that there's something worse than apathy, that of being Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation with a lighthearted, less-than-serious attitude towards matters of life-and-death to others.
skinster wrote:You need to do something about all this lying you're doing, wat0n. It's out of control. :lol:

Also :lol: that you think you are successful about anything.

I think I've been rather successful since I was able to force you to disavow the cancellers' logic. Next time you try to claim someone is racist by appealing to whatever the alleged victims believe, I will kindly remind you of your attitude ITT (on top of your defense of Assad).

ckaihatsu wrote:Yeah, it's obvious -- "liberals" like yourself, actually statists, just want to fuck around with the topic of other people's lives because you feel that people have no agency on their own, and that the state will just override anything anyway, despite the historic Civil Rights Movement, and now Black Lives Matter.

I don't recall ever saying something like this. I'm simply applying the cancel culture against our local cancellers. Don't like it? Too bad.
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]