Conflict in the USA? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Senter
Goranhammer 2.0 wrote:Nobody. And I wouldn't condone it - just like I didn't condone the dozen or so (far from 100k) nutjobs in Michigan that plotted to kidnap the governor.

And in case you were trying to slap an ideology on them, they're also on the record as being critical of Trump.

I just asked you a question. And you seem to think our standing military, who took an oath to defend and protect the Constitution, would stand by and watch helplessly.
By wat0n
Senter wrote:Article !, Section 3 failed. Why should the 20th Amendment work?

In what way? The Senate has a right to reject an impeachment if that's what you mean. But right now Trump may be going out the right way, namely, by being voted out.
Senter wrote:I just asked you a question. And you seem to think our standing military, who took an oath to defend and protect the Constitution, would stand by and watch helplessly.

They would have to. Posse comitatus.

The National Guard would have to be enough. Otherwise, we become the nation you see as the "evil empire" in movies.
By Senter
wat0n wrote:In what way? The Senate has a right to reject an impeachment if that's what you mean. But right now Trump may be going out the right way, namely, by being voted out.

Oh come on. The Senate refused to call any witnesses and instead just rejected the case off-hand. Since when does a trial involve zero witnesses? It was a Republican rejection of Constitutional process. Trump should have been removed from office.
By Senter
Goranhammer 2.0 wrote:They would have to. Posse comitatus.

The National Guard would have to be enough. Otherwise, we become the nation you see as the "evil empire" in movies.

I think if the nation was at very serious risk, and even a probability, of being seized by any unConstitutional group of renegade rebels, the military would choose to honor their Constitutional oath over a law. At least I HOPE they would!
Last edited by Senter on 05 Nov 2020 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
By wat0n
Senter wrote:Oh come on. The Senate refused to call any witnesses and instead just rejected the case off-hand. Since when does a trial involve zero witnesses? It was a Republican rejection of Constitutional process. Trump should have been removed from office.

That speaks poorly about the Senate, really. Although we know it wouldn't have changed the result since impeachments are by definition political.
By Senter
wat0n wrote:That speaks poorly about the Senate, really. Although we know it wouldn't have changed the result since impeachments are by definition political.

Pence may have been as bad in that case, but we can't know. And at least we would have been free of Trump and the disaster and shame he has brought to the USA.
By wat0n
Senter wrote:Pence may have been as bad in that case, but we can't know. And at least we would have been free of Trump and the disaster and shame he has brought to the USA.

Well, I think it's better for him to go out by losing the reelection.
By ckaihatsu
Leon • 14 hours ago

The Democrats refusal to call for Trump's impeachment, not over bogus Russian involvement allegations, but over repeated attempts to overturn the US constitution, is proof that they are prepared to allow a fascist dictatorship.

This proves what the ICFI has been warning about for years, that capitalists are more afraid of an independent movement of the working class than of the threat of fascism. In fact the latter is no more than showing the true face of capitalism without the veneer of "democracy." Unity for the Democrats means unity of the capitalist class to suppress working class resistance.

http://disq.us/p/2d4fcl8
By ckaihatsu
The signs of preparations for the political coup d’état—planned within the White House and coordinated with elements within the military and police, as well as local paramilitary and fascistic forces—were glaringly apparent throughout the past year. During the final weeks of the election campaign and following Trump’s defeat, the plans for a coup d’état that would overthrow the results of the 2020 election acquired a feverish character.

[...]

The main cause of the eruption of January 6 is to be found in the global crisis of the capitalist system, rather than in specifically American conditions.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/0 ... r-j19.html
By late
ckaihatsu wrote:
The Democrats refusal to call for Trump's impeachment, not over bogus Russian involvement allegations, but over repeated attempts to overturn the US constitution, is proof that they are prepared to allow a fascist dictatorship.

What it shows is that our political system is old and corrupt.
By Rancid
Goranhammer 2.0 wrote:The National Guard would have to be enough. Otherwise, we become the nation you see as the "evil empire" in movies.

I've always been sympathetic to the empire in the star wars movies. :eek:
By Torus34
Conflict in our politics is about as American as apple pie and Chinese take-out.

Physical take-overs by one party of the federal legislative building is not.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's the problem though. People in general don'[…]

And if he had been an Israeli citizen, the usual […]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]