An Unpopular View on the Military - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

That is my point though. Compare the amount of soldiers dying today with the amount who died in previous wars, and it's much, much less. Why is that not worth pointing out?

Try having an adult read my post to you. I gave you a comprehensive explanation and you want to go right back to deaths. First of all you have no clue what you are talking about. How about you start with this... "Gee Dr. Lee, I don't know anything about this but how about this hypothesis I have?" But no. You just want to preach.

I could talk to you about deployments. Today's soldiers spend far more time deployed in a war zone than those of my own Vietnam era. I know soldiers who have deployed five or six times. Care to guess what that does to a family? Or one's nerves? You try to keep at a high state of anxiety for a year and see how you do.

But you know what Agent Steel. I am just going to stop engaging with you on this until you get out of transmit mode and get into receive mode. When you tell me you really want to learn from a veteran I will be happy to answer your QUESTIONS. I have forgotten more about the military than you will ever know if you live to be 100.
Godstud wrote::roll: It's not worth pointing out, because soldiers are still dying all the time, and that you sound like an entitled little twat complaining about someone else making more money than they are. Soldiers are hardly coddled @Agent Steel. That money is earned.

Absurd. Your claim in bold is statistically false.

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
@Agent Steel I just posted something about 2 soldiers dying on Feb 9, and 5 others being wounded. Is reality too hard for you to accept?

You are the one making a purely emotional response, not I.
The military is a necessary evil that exists to defend your country and its citizens. The jingoism, fanaticism and propaganda surrounding the US Army is weird and creepy. I find it particularly annoying when people say the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan enhanced our freedoms when we know for a fact that multiple terror attacks in the UK were directly motivated by the presence of our troops in those countries whilst the 9/11 attacks were clearly the result of America's aggressive foreign policy.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Another mass grave has been found on the grounds o[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]

@ingliz I know you want this disgusting ideolog[…]