We Live in the Plastic Age - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:
You'd be wrong if you did this.

The mold (that I provided in this thread) is NOT objective at all. It's based on the subjective *needs* and *desires* of the mold-makers, who are the upper classes. The 1 %. They are the mold-makers, and this function has existed for thousands of years. But the current mold is new. They are always new.

Being melted over and over again (melted = new normals, wars, social destruction, forced migration, etc) in order to become *the latest tool of the elite* is extremely subjective, and it's why we end up failing with each change. They're fake to begin with. They are also sold by using lies to the plastic classes (lower classes - malleable labor). These lies mean that these changes - these now molds - are not based on common needs or desires at all.

Okay, I won't bicker -- I mean to say that the subjective whims of the upper classes tend to *look* like 'objective social reality' to those below, the disempowered. Power dynamics from above sets the *culture* for everyone else, below.

‭History, Macro-Micro -- politics-logistics-lifestyle

Spoiler: show

---

ckaihatsu wrote:
waxworms

QatzelOk wrote:
Both of these statements are just plastic showing how proud it is to be plastic.

You're *politically* appropriate to say that no one ever got to vote as to whether plastic should be produced, or not, but, given that the Great Garbage Patch now exists, what's the problem with possibly *addressing* it with some kind of technical clean-up approach, like using waxworms? Ditto for carbon sequestration approaches in response to empirical global warming, and mushrooms on floating mats to eat up oil spills when they happen.

You're sounding politically ultra-left -- (overly dismissive).
ckaihatsu wrote:I mean to say that the subjective whims of the upper classes tend to *look* like 'objective social reality' to those below, the disempowered. Power dynamics from above sets the *culture* for everyone else, below.

This is sadly true, and falls into the category we call "false consciousness" - the promotion of false ways of understanding the world around us - the cave shadows that the 1% direct our eyes to - mass media propaganda, etc.

But this is because the elite have decided that our opinions and worldview are plastic, and can be "melted" into something that suits their "latest craze" or "most recent survival tactic for their parasitic class."

It has never occurred to the parasitic elite that our "natural opinions and tastes" have any kind of survival function. And just look how far the plasticity of our opinions and worldview have taken us - we are driving massive pickups over our children's graves, polluting every feature of the planet, destroying any kind of harmony with other cultures .... and all the time, smiling to movies and videos that help us "excape" the world we have created with our plastic minds.

You can open my plastic head
Fill it up with plastic propaganda
Manipulation is my social education

Hey Barbie, let's go Oligarchy!

You're *politically* appropriate to say that no one ever got to vote as to whether plastic should be produced, or not, but, given that the Great Garbage Patch now exists, what's the problem with possibly *addressing* it with some kind of technical clean-up approach, like using waxworms? Ditto for carbon sequestration approaches in response to empirical global warming, and mushrooms on floating mats to eat up oil spills when they happen.

These might be good techno-patches. But the lack of transparency of our elites means that neither of us knows if these are adequate or sincere attempts at improvement of our environment.

In a world of Barbie-brained need-to-know plastic dolls, we just say what we are programmed to say. And media memes like the ones you mention here, are just part of the programming. We need to be transparent and share openly, and this can only happen if we "dissappear" our current social pyramids and all the scams that keep them afloat.

Or, we admit we're plastic and just go on being as beautifully fake as we can. I choose "end of plastic." How about you?
By QatzelOk
About living in a plastic world and choosing to reject this plasticity, anna wrote:Now that you've chosen it, how are you going to live it?

ie. "How are you going to live with it? :?: "

ImagePlastic Therapy Kit

I suspect you might experience pain when you ask this question, so let me try to help you by unpacking your discomfort with a non-plastic world.

Just before your fearful question, I wrote:Or, we admit we're plastic and just go on being as beautifully fake as we can. I choose "end of plastic." How about you?

If you feel squeamish about diving into non-plastic lifestyles, then there is that other option that I mention above. You can just admit to being plastic, and try to make lemonade out of that kind of pardigm lemon.

Do you at least admit to being plastic? (ie. Step 1 of the process)
A film about "the time before we were plastic."

A film that talks about "the Great Forgetting," and how humanity has trained itself to forget how to survive and be happy.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles ... orgetting/
The Great Forgetting: You Probably Haven't Heard About It but It Completely Affects Your Life
By Deep Ecology Hub / filmsforaction.org / Jan 23, 2014

The Great Forgetting refers to the wealth of knowledge that our culture lost when we adopted our new civilized lifestyle. The knowledge that allowed indigenous cultures to survive, the knowledge that we had once also been tribal and the understanding that we were but one mere culture of thousands. All of this disappeared in a few short generations.

All this *reality* disappeared and was replaced by plastic. Shiny, earth-clogging plastic.
But isn't it "human nature" to be a piece of plastic for other humans who need to "brush your hair, undress you everwhere?" Isn't that how we are made?

Isn't "the problem" human nature?

Caitlan Johnstone wrote:...The problem is not “human nature,” the problem is that some humans fail to develop functioning empathy centers in their brains, often as a result of early childhood trauma. Those humans then use the competitive edge their lack of empathy gives them in a system which rewards competitiveness and a willingness to do anything to get ahead to ascend to positions of power. That is why we are in the mess we’re in.

Important Distinction

This is an important distinction, because it means we’re not up against some intrinsic aspect of our being here. We’re up against a small minority of manipulative sociopaths and psychopaths and a system which rewards a lack of empathy...

So a tiny number of humans, stripped of natural empathy, have given themselves the "right" to treat other humans like plasticine?

Imagethis is what other humans look like to someone who lacks empathy
By QatzelOk
Plastic loves plastic.

So, the fake people that we are - we really enjoy scripted and fake events like the Oscars, and Superbowl commercials.

Plastic loves things that are perfectly fake. This affects our politics, as the fakeness gets more intense as you climb up the social ladder.

Example:

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]

I am not lying You purposefully ignore this, b[…]

@Rugoz Why does wanting America taken down a p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]