Why do people in seemingly happy western democracies still feel disattached to their politicians? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I am conducting research into the presence of an increasing social disparity between general publics of western democracies (primarily America) and the politicians who should be representing intimately personal values and beliefs of wider society. Is this disattachment a measure of 'healthy distance' or issue of modern politics that needs to be addressed? I would greatly appreciate it if American citizens were to take my short survey in the name of reaching a better understanding of the nature of politics as it grows apart from the interests of contemporary society. Link below:

https://forms.gle/i8eA5oWr5MNVpbHu9
Hi!

I don't click on links because of the risk of malware, but a phrase in your OP intrigued me. 'Social disparity' can, seen one way, refer to the politicians as the elite and the populace as the hoi polloi. That disparity was present in the earliest days of our country [US] and was enshrined in our Constitution. The drafters of that document had a deep distrust of Joe Six-pack. That it is returned by the great unwashed should not come as a surprise.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Side note: This old coot considers himself a member of the masses. If you wish to place me on the present left/right political spectrum, try secular humanist.
My opinion is that in the EU, the economic rules make it impossible for the nations to have the big deficits that are required for the prosperity that was promised but never delivered by joining the EU and EZ.

In the US, UK, NZ, and Aust. the problem is that the politicians of both major parties on all 4 nations have sold out to the billionaires and Corporations the run. There is no party that wants to do anything for the mass of the people. Maybe the top 20-30%, yes; but for the rest they will not do much.

Right now in the EU & US they are doing better, but it is intended to be less than enough In the EU they are violating the rules. In the US a few sell-out corp Dems are blocking the big things the people need. Even voting rights is being blocked by a refusal to end the filibuster.

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]