A lot of our "luxuries" are just squeaky toys - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:But I do think that people need to see pethood for what it is: cruelty and slavery of other species.

That is nonsense.
Is an ant "farming" aphids slavers? Are they being cruel to the poor creature? :lol:
The reality is that most of what we call "pets" (Dogs, cats) and many domesticated animals (Catle, pigs, etc) evolved alongside with humans and they have addapted evolutionary to this. A pug, a chiwawa are unlikely to be able to function in the "wild". While some animals can actually transition back to a "wild state", for instance Pigs, some breeds of dogs, cats. The reality is that they can reign havoc in the ecosystem when "freed" because other species that exists in the wild that never had to deal with this competitor and/or new predator, all of the sudden have to face this new reality. This is a huge problem in Australia for instance.

I don't own a dog yet, but my mother does. She loves the dog, bathes her, cleans her, keeps her healthy, gives it threats, takes her to the vet, buys her toys, plays with her, sleeps with her, attends to her necessities (walks her to pee/poop/etc), protects her, etc. If there is a slave/slaver relationship, I promise you it is the tiny terrier holding the whip :lol: .

Now... I do not support having exotic pets and/or wild animals as pets (tigers, snakes, crocodiles, bears, etc).
In the case of insects and small reptiles/amphibians, I don't feel too bad either, I think their brains are so tiny that probably they don't have a clue of what's going on. I don't have a strong feeling, so long as you take good care of it and you don't release it to the wild in an area where such species is not endemic to (potentially making it an invasive species).
I just realized Qatz's whole diatribe here was just that same bullshit liberal PETA nonsense. That liberal high horse shit.

I used to be a liberal. I am still a Marxist Anarchist.

Liberals are fucking nuts.

And I ain't no fucking communist, either.

I wish I could bullshit more about your nonsensical rabbit politics. But I need to tend to my rabbits.
I have come to realize that becoming a rabbit breeder is about the creepiest thing a person can do in America, apparently. It is because rabbits are so cute and sweet and cuddly. But also livestock.

And you have to show them love to help them grow. And they are very loveable.

But man, people treat you like a weirdo.

They start scheming to take away your rabbits.

Because their kids like them.

They treat you like you are a freak for using human analogies to describe them, because that's the language I have to use, and they are living creatures and have some society like us, so there it is.

My rabbits are growing up mean, I mean kind, and strong though.

I only became a rabbit breeder because I built my first hutch out of boards I had manufactured in the woods and scrap material I'd scavenged. Then it was a case of what's a rabbit hutch without a rabbit.

My second rabbit hutch I found on the side of the road and refurbished.

Then it's a case of, what is two rabbit hutches without two rabbits.

At the end of the day, this rabbit breeding is a slippery slope.

Don't let your kids build a rabbit hutch, not even once. Don't let them pick up rabbit hutches they find on the side of the road.

As soon as they build their first hutch, that is a gateway.

Fucking Americans.
Oh, wait, Qatz is Canadian.

Don't worry dude, I love Canada and Canadians.

The farm where I just quit simply because I couldn't hang (and left on great terms and they paid me severance) is owned and run by Canadians.

I've been to Canada, and I love Canada.

So whatever I do, I ain't about to hate on Canadians.

You did originate the diatribe.

I think the ideology you are subscribing to, the PETA nonsense bullshit, is an American ideology.
XogGyux wrote:Is an ant "farming" aphids slavers? Are they being cruel to the poor creature?

You raise an interesting question here, even though you seem to think you've proven that this question isn't worth asking.

The reality is that most of what we call "pets" (Dogs, cats) and many domesticated animals (Catle, pigs, etc) evolved alongside with humans and they have addapted evolutionary to this. A pug, a chiwawa are unlikely to be able to function in the "wild".

Domesticated humans (especially slaves) have a hard time when they win back their freedom as well. It's because many of their customs and habits have been "bred out" of them through training and discipline (torture).

The reality is that they can reign havoc in the ecosystem when "freed"

So enslaving other animals (including humans) creates a disaster for the "pet" in many ways, and for the entire earth in others? Thanks for backing up my point about pethood being a cruel type of "squeaky toy."

I think their brains are so tiny...

I think this thread will tell us more about "the brains" of the species that enslaves other animals, including his own species. Animal IQ has little to do with why they are trapped and turned into squeaky toys.

ImageIn defending squeaky-toy possession, the language of public relations becomes a verbal, semiotic squeaky-toy

Crantag wrote:I have come to realize that becoming a rabbit breeder is about the creepiest thing a person can do in America, apparently. It is because rabbits are so cute and sweet and cuddly. But also livestock.

Cows are also increcibly cute, kind, and gentle in demeanor. Same with sheep and goats. Same with pigs, cats and some dogs.

They all get trapped, tortured and most pet species get killed for cholesterol-laden proteins.

And this has been justified in the modern age by a heaven full of angels and stone tablets that fell from the sky.

Try quoting scripture to defend the cruelty to animals. It will get you farther than any kind of logic or secular morality.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]