My take on this => A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters
by Amanpour and Company

Unless the deep state is selectively arresting just the dupes who entered the Capitol behind the Antifa real-leaders who let the charge, this proves that the insurection was led by right-wingers who were CEOs, business owneres, doctors, accountants, etc. who are white, between 34 and 55 years old, married, and from counties that voted for Biden. And that, their main motivaiton is "replacement theory", which fears that whites will lose their white-privilege as Blacks and Hispanics gain their constitutional, human, and civil rights.
. . . I find it impossible to accept the idea that those CEOs and business owners were dupes who let Antifa agitators lead them into doing what they did. It seems insulting to those CEOs, etc. to claim that. I find it far easier to believe that they were duped by Trump into believing that the US democracy was at stake and that action was required by true patriots. Their hearts were sort of in the right place, except that they are racists who like white supremacy and so were easily led astray by Trump.

Steve_American wrote:Unless the deep state is selectively arresting just the dupes who entered the Capitol behind the Antifa real-leaders who let the charge, this proves that the insurection was led by right-wingers who were CEOs, business owneres, doctors, accountants, etc. who are white, between 34 and 55 years old, married, and from counties that voted for Biden. And that, their main motivaiton is "replacement theory", which fears that whites will lose their white-privilege as Blacks and Hispanics gain their constitutional, human, and civil rights.

I wouldn't characterize "replacement theory" as "fears that whites will lose their white-privilege as Blacks and Hispanics gain their constitutional, human, and civil rights." I would say more like whites fearing they will lose political control of institutions and also control of culture simply due to population numbers. Less % of white voters mean less influence on elections. Less % of white people ie: subscribing to Netlfix means less % of content targeted towards white people etc

It's not really a theory, statistical demographic trends show caucasians will be a minority in the USA by ~2045. And some white people are freaking out about it, hence white nationalism etc.

As for the motivations of Jan. 6 Trumpsters, I always assumed they legit thought the Democrats stole the election as per Trump propaganda. But this seems like an interesting video, I like Amanpour, I'll have to give it a watch.
Steve_American wrote:A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters
by Amanpour and Company

Unless the deep state is selectively arresting just the dupes who entered the Capitol behind the Antifa real-leaders who let the charge, this proves that the insurection was led by right-wingers who were CEOs, business owneres, doctors, accountants, etc. who are white, between 34 and 55 years old, married, and from counties that voted for Biden. And that, their main motivaiton is "replacement theory", which fears that whites will lose their white-privilege as Blacks and Hispanics gain their constitutional, human, and civil rights.
. . . I find it impossible to accept the idea that those CEOs and business owners were dupes who let Antifa agitators lead them into doing what they did. It seems insulting to those CEOs, etc. to claim that. I find it far easier to believe that they were duped by Trump into believing that the US democracy was at stake and that action was required by true patriots. Their hearts were sort of in the right place, except that they are racists who like white supremacy and so were easily led astray by Trump.

What basic human rights are minorities denied? None? Hmm.

What Constitutional rights are minorities denied (that whites also are not denied)? None? Oh.

Our country still has not lived up to its colorblind ideal. We still have serious problems to overcome. But to claim that, across the board, minorities are systematically denied basic rights, and are just now gaining them, is absurd. And to argue that all your opponents oppose blacks being people (while you defend riots that kill and hurt them in large numbers) is shameful.

Most rioters on January 6th bought into the lie that the election was stolen. They genuinely, though wrongly, believed they were fighting to uphold Democracy. Not one was rioting to put blacks back into the cotton fields.

Lying about and demeaning one's opponents is never acceptable, even when they are wrong. Accusing people baselessly of racism is an illegitimate tactic.
Wolvenbear wrote:What basic human rights are minorities denied? None? Hmm.

What Constitutional rights are minorities denied (that whites also are not denied)? None? Oh.

Our country still has not lived up to its colorblind ideal. We still have serious problems to overcome. But to claim that, across the board, minorities are systematically denied basic rights, and are just now gaining them, is absurd. And to argue that all your opponents oppose blacks being people (while you defend riots that kill and hurt them in large numbers) is shameful.

Most rioters on January 6th bought into the lie that the election was stolen. They genuinely, though wrongly, believed they were fighting to uphold Democracy. Not one was rioting to put blacks back into the cotton fields.

Lying about and demeaning one's opponents is never acceptable, even when they are wrong. Accusing people baselessly of racism is an illegitimate tactic.

Like I said, he and I live in different realities.
Am no going to argue wth him. It, clearly, is useless.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]