This is why I hate modern Art! - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ckaihatsu wrote:Not really a *comparison* -- I was hoping for more of an art-world *cage match*.... (grin)

So isn't the piece an inherent critique of the modern world's impact on wildlife species -- ?

Nope, it is shit smeared on canvasses.
Crantag wrote:
Nope, it is shit smeared on canvasses.

When do you think it all started?

Some say that it was due to painters' general disaffection that happened with the advent of photography, since painting was no longer needed at that point (as for making portraits of the bourgeois).
ckaihatsu wrote:When do you think it all started?

Some say that it was due to painters' general disaffection that happened with the advent of photography, since painting was no longer needed at that point (as for making portraits of the bourgeois).

Above my paygrade.

You don't get to analyze art on minimum wage

I'm just saying it fucking sucks.

You just like arguing.
ckaihatsu wrote:Enjoy. Take the rest of this thread to repeat yourself endlessly.

I'm having the last word here.

I know your agenda.

I endlessly repeat myself because you force me to.

You are an okay guy, but you can be very tedious.

To reiterate, putting a tire in a Rhino's ass is not art.
Crantag wrote:
I'm having the last word here.

I know your agenda.

I endlessly repeat myself because you force me to.

You are an okay guy, but you can be very tedious.

To reiterate, putting a tire in a Rhino's ass is not art.

I 'force' you to endlessly repeat yourself -- ?

And how did I do *that*, exactly, when it hasn't even happened?

How is any of this *interpersonal* / personal -- ?

Like I said, go ahead and pontificate -- I guess it *is* in line with the thread's title.
Pretty sure they pulled this type of stuff during the Renaissance too but that the actual miracle classics survived because people trashed the rest eventually. Definately did with some of the faked Jesus relics. Picked up a nail off the ground and sold it to a church as having been found in Jerusalem.

At least most of the ones with the best arguement for authenticity survived with the lengthy history possibly going back to Jesus time survived.

Say what you want about the Shroud of Turin, but that's a 30-35 year old Jewish man(Torah correct hair length, and the Jewish Religious "cover up my shame" death pose), it's in the correct age vacinity modern science proved it and it's a genuine Jewish Sovev..... Either the greatest fake ever made, an extremely coincidental real Sovev of another murdered young Jew or just straight up Real.
ckaihatsu wrote:What do you like about it?

The composition and the material/color and how "on the nose" the message is. It's hilarious.

Crantag wrote:but he is neoliberal trash

For commies anything but the Gulag is neoliberal. I take it*. :lol:

*the neoliberalism, not the Gulag. :D
colliric wrote:the greatest fake ever made

I wouldn't go as far as that.

For one thing, the image is anatomically incorrect — the head is too large for its body, the nose disproportionate, and the arms are too long — and God must be perfect by definition.

Also, the one-piece construction is not consistent with Jewish burial practice.

Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself…

— John 20:6-7 (N.B. the cloths plural).

:)
Igor Antunov wrote:If you see it as what it is (a money laundering scheme) then modern art cryptocurrency is absolutely understandable and there's nothing to hate.

Fixed it for you, @Igor Antunov. :)
ingliz wrote:Also, the one-piece construction is not consistent with Jewish burial practice.

Yes it is, as the outer wrapping. Bottom left in image.... Sovev sheets have been used by Jews for thousands of years.

Modern rabbinic Jews are most buried in white clothing as well, which is a newer addition. Basically so the "hide your shame" body pose is not necessary anymore.
Igor Antunov wrote:If you see it as what it is (a money laundering scheme) then modern art is absolutely understandable and there's nothing to hate.

So if we consider Modern Art as money laundering, we should appreciate that??? :eh:

That is some fucked up logic right there.

I don't care whether the wealthy use this niche as a hobby, but these loopholes should be closed and the art is bollocks and devoid of the reason to exist in any case. Art is meant to make sense. When the the disclaimer is more needed than the aesthetics in order for the art to make sense to the viewer, that is different to impressionism in which it was the colour and strokes that was meant to infuse the mood back to the viewer, not the words underneath the canvas. After all what does a blank canvas mean to you?
colliric wrote:the outer wrapping

God is Truth. The Bible is the Word of God. So we must look to the Bible (John 20:6-7) for a true - if anachronistic - description of Jesus's burial clothing.

Also, It was called a 'winding sheet' in English for a reason. Something to do with keeping the cloth close to the body and ritual knots in the Jewish tradition, I believe.

:)
Igor Antunov wrote:
If you see it as what it is (a money laundering scheme) then modern art cryptocurrency is absolutely understandable and there's nothing to hate.

Potemkin wrote:
Fixed it for you, @Igor Antunov. :)

Yeah, the video presentation itself notes that art pieces are often used for *tax avoidance*.
B0ycey wrote:
So if we consider Modern Art as money laundering, we should appreciate that??? :eh:

That is some fucked up logic right there.

I don't care whether the wealthy use this niche as a hobby, but these loopholes should be closed and the art is bollocks and devoid of the reason to exist in any case. Art is meant to make sense. When the the disclaimer is more needed than the aesthetics in order for the art to make sense to the viewer, that is different to impressionism in which it was the colour and strokes that was meant to infuse the mood back to the viewer, not the words underneath the canvas. After all what does a blank canvas mean to you?

Sorry to argue around the 'what-is-art' point, but all of this is actually quite debatable -- I happen to *agree* with you myself, but the history of (Western) art is a thing of its own, with its own developments, perhaps like the drama of a soap opera. (New generations rebelling against previous generations, etc.)

So while any given modern piece may seem ridiculous and even insulting to the viewer, the actual *history* of 'artistic developments' (if you will) is the *material* reason for why an artist did what they did.
ckaihatsu wrote:So while any given modern piece may seem ridiculous and even insulting to the viewer, the actual *history* of 'artistic developments' (if you will) is the *material* reason for why an artist did what they did.

The artist will do what they do because they know whatever the do will still sell. Once you establish a name, the quality of your work doesn't matter. Forget the tubeline sign which in itself was poor quality, an artist took money from a Danish museum and in return gave them two blank canvases called 'Take the Money and Run'. That isn't art. That is merely a concept and theft. When art became impressional, it was the way the image was formed that portrayed the message rather than the image itself. Now the work is merely the concept of a message which you must know before you see the art. There is now no quality. The little you do the better. Which I guess if fine for those who buy and sell. But not for ordinary people who just want to see high quality talent.
ckaihatsu wrote:Yeah, the video presentation itself notes that art pieces are often used for *tax avoidance*.

Indeed. Most investors in the art market actually care nothing for art, either traditional or modern. They just see it as a useful tax dodge, or an 'investment' like Bitcoin or tulip bulbs. They certainly don't buy art because they like it. Only plebs do that. Lol.

@FiveofSwords What is race? How to define it[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Define died first? Are missing in action for mo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]