Government of India has banned https://www.politicsforum.org/ - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

When you open the site from India, you will be greeted with the same boilerplate message that you see on banned websites in India:

The only question that comes to mind is but.... why? There is hardly much of Indian related content and other than me there is no long standing or active Indian member on the site. And as much as I loath to admit, I doubt I am this important that my postings here is creating tremors in New Delhi. :lol:

Seriously though are they really this paranoid? This is pretty bizarre to say the least, my mind is still trying to process it, I do hope its some sort of mistake.
@fuser

If you ever have to go to China there is some good VPNs you can use to bypass China's "Great Firewall of China" so you can visit websites like Facebook or PoliticsForum. PoliticsForum probably got banned by the Indian government because they are trying to control the thoughts of their citizens. They are basically acting as the Thought Police. They don't want citizens to be well informed and to be able to think for themselves. Thus, to control and enslave your citizens you must first attack their minds by denying them information and true education which requires them to be able to critically think for themselves based on facts that are vetted and known. People with power fear citizens that are informed, have knowledge, are well educated and capable of critical thought. This is why people with power also target those very same citizens during times of repression.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 21 May 2021 20:09, edited 2 times in total.
There is a 2019 thread which could have offended Indian authorities. The Modi government is going after activist websites such as Students Against Hindutva Ideology (SAHI), encouraging US university students to stand against alleged discrimination of Muslims. The Indian government further forced Twitter to remove accounts which were spreading anti-India content.

INDIA PROTESTS: STUDENTS CONDEMN 'BARBARIC' POLICE

Students in Delhi have condemned their “barbaric” treatment at the hands of police who stormed a peaceful protest against the new citizenship bill over the weekend, injuring dozens.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=177626&p=15055661
Modi is a right-wing conservative Indian prez. He is just being true to his authoritarian political profile.

India has a lot of radical left-wing political activity and very well educated people.

What needs to happen is for the Indian government to be dealing better with their COVID deaths and India has a spreading of the Corona problem because of the poverty in the slums in Indian cities. They have hundreds of families sharing one or three toilets and stuff. And serious issues with too many people stuck in tiny square footages of badly constructed homes. Serious income inequality and too many caste systems in place creating problems with the ability to get decent public educations. Not enough rural town infrastructure investment and a host of other issues.

I think politicsforum.org is kind of banned because the amount of Indians who write in English fiery political critiques of the government might be too much for the Modi government to cope with.

@noemon should feel proud he made it on their banned list. Hee hee. :lol:

India has a growing middle class but the amount of people living in very bad poverty is huge.
This is an interesting development indeed. I wonder if something specific triggered this, or if they just did a blanket ban of a bunch of sites.

In any case, it's sad to see authoritarianism like this continue to flourish. It seems to be en vogue in the 21 century.
Politics_Observer wrote:@fuser

If you ever have to go to China there is some good VPNs you can use to bypass China's "Great Firewall of China" so you can visit websites like Facebook or PoliticsForum. PoliticsForum probably got banned by the Indian government because they are trying to control the thoughts of their citizens. They are basically acting as the Thought Police. They don't want citizens to be well informed and to be able to think for themselves. Thus, to control and enslave your citizens you must first attack their minds by denying them information and true education which requires them to be able to critically think for themselves based on facts that are vetted and known. People with power fear citizens that are informed, have knowledge, are well educated and capable of critical thought. This is why people with power also target those very same citizens during times of repression.

Pofo is not banned in China. You don't need a VPN to access it.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]