Is there enough *new* info to now say that covid-19 *may* have *leaked* out of the Wohan lab? 30 min - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Rancid wrote:That interdependence isn't equally distributed today. Some are more dependent than others. Some have more leverage over others, etc. etc. It's not an impossibility that it can be rebalanced.

It can be rebalanced to some extent, but I wouldn't think real changes will be brought by administrative or political measures, they will rather happen due to economic, social and technological developments. Your trade relations to China will basically change, for example, when you can't afford having such trade deficits or China won't be able to produce and export so much cheap shit to the other side of the world anymore.
Steve_American wrote:Therefore, Saagar says such research should not be done by, for, or in America.

Well, we sure as shit shouldn't trust a Chinese totalitarian government to do that sort of thing, let alone provide them funding to do it.

late wrote:Fauci thinks we should do it, and that's good enough for me. I can understand the desire to minimise risk, but there's a lot of things we should be doing, and my guess is that's one of them.

Fauci is all over the place, and people have placed way too much trust in someone who is so inconsistent. It's likely that the virus jumped from a bat population to humans at the Wuhan lab whilst they were studying novel coronaviruses. It's the most probable explanation, because we know beyond any doubt whatsoever that the Wuhan lab was working with coronaviruses, and we have yet to come up with a single animal infected with the covid-19 virus from the Wuhan wet market.

So as it is, 3.5M people have died probably because they were doing precisely the kind of research at the Wuhan lab that you are advocating here. Does that knowledge change your opinion even a little? I mean this disaster is far, far worse than Chernobyl.

Rancid wrote:Does it really matter if it came from a lab or not at this point?

Well, this has killed far more people than Chernobyl and spread globally, so yes I think it matters. Communists have a well-deserved reputation for these kinds of fuck ups.

Rancid wrote:Even if it did, I'm sure it can't be proven anyway.

By what standard of evidence? Read this: A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence Don't just stop at what I'm quoting. I understand you'll skim through it. However, the more you look at coronavirus research, the more you are going to see one hell of a lot of activity around SARS-CoV viruses at the Wuhan lab. It's the only sensible explanation.

They've been studying this stuff at the Wuhan lab. You have zero evidence that it arose in the Wuhan wet market. There's not a single animal tested there that had the covid-19 virus. Yet, we know the Wuhan lab was researching numerous coronaviruses, had made chimeric viruses, were testing vaccines for them, etc.

People get way too much information from news outlets. Read the scientific studies on coronavirus from 2015 forward, and you'll find mountains of evidence that they were doing all sorts of things with coronaviruses at the Wuhan lab. Do not take my word for it, or the news either. Read some of these papers.

Although public health measures were able to stop the SARS-CoV outbreak4, recent metagenomics studies have identified sequences of closely related SARS-like viruses circulating in Chinese bat populations that may pose a future threat. However, sequence data alone provides minimal insights to identify and prepare for future prepandemic viruses. Therefore, to examine the emergence potential (that is, the potential to infect humans) of circulating bat CoVs, we built a chimeric virus encoding a novel, zoonotic CoV spike protein—from the RsSHC014-CoV sequence that was isolated from Chinese horseshoe bats—in the context of the SARS-CoV mouse-adapted backbone. The hybrid virus allowed us to evaluate the ability of the novel spike protein to cause disease independently of other necessary adaptive mutations in its natural backbone.

Emphasis mine. So there's zero evidence of infection in the wet market, but 100% certainty that they were fucking with this stuff at the Wuhan Institute for Virology.

I'm half inclined to think that they made up the "engineered virus" story so that they could debunk it and side step the fact that this virus more than likely spread to the human population as a result of "research" being done at the Wuhan Institute of Virology's labs.

Steve_American wrote:Saagar says that it matters because, according to reports, the US Gov. was fundig the research being done in that lab, and maybe we should stop doing that because 1 leak a year is too many. Yes. that is 1 leak from 1 of several or many labs. So, if it is once a decade per lab and it can kill millions each time, that seems like too big a risk.

This is one of your finest hours. This sort of virology should be absolutely contained, and if people in the labs get sick and die, so be it. However, they should not be able to run to a hospital with the new deadly infection they created. It seems very likely that this is what happened.

Rancid wrote:The US shouldn't be funding any Chinese research to start with given their history bad faith use of technology/research. In other words, funding should be pulled whether or not this virus came from a lab.

Yes it should be cancelled. So far, Rand Paul has only got the gain-of-function funding cancelled.

Rancid wrote:Trump's approach to China was trash. I've talked about this in other threads numerous times.

It's certainly better than Fauci's.

Beren wrote:Even if there'll be lots of all kinds of 3D printers in both China and the US, comparative advantages still will remain, so there'll be no decoupling for that one reason alone.

China has few comparative advantages. They have primarily an absolute advantage in sheer numbers of low wage workers. It makes little sense to move heavy industry from the United States to China, given the US coal supply, iron ore, and more navigable water ways than anywhere else on the Earth other than to exploit the absolute advantage in wage rates that China enjoys.
blackjack21 wrote:

Fauci is all over the place, and people have placed way too much trust in someone who is so inconsistent.

2) It's likely that the virus jumped from a bat population to humans at the Wuhan lab whilst they were studying novel coronaviruses.

3) It's the most probable explanation, because we know beyond any doubt whatsoever that the Wuhan lab was working with coronaviruses, and we have yet to come up with a single animal infected with the covid-19 virus from the Wuhan wet market.

1) You are "all over the place" with your propaganda. It's called projecting, kid.

Fauci is a national treasure. He has been doing this for decades, and no one is better at it.

2) The Covid genome has been studies by several labs. There weren't any of the telltale signs of genetic manipulation. So if it was in the lab, they were still in the early stages.

3) Because we, as a species, don't take this seriously, there are disease vectors pretty much everywhere, with industrial animal farming being the worst offenders. You keep thinking you can hit homeruns when you don't know how to swing a bat. Or know how to find where they play...
Beren wrote:It can be rebalanced to some extent, but I wouldn't think real changes will be brought by administrative or political measures, they will rather happen due to economic, social and technological developments. Your trade relations to China will basically change, for example, when you can't afford having such trade deficits or China won't be able to produce and export so much cheap shit to the other side of the world anymore.

Of course the ebb and flow of the market in general is a massive factor here. However, policy can certainly nudge and mitigate things when market forces run counter to national security. I know you have a very defeatist attitude. This is something I've noticed about America. In America we have a stronger attitude of "can do", that things can be figured out, solutions can be found. As opposed to your suggestion of just rolling over and taking in the ass, because the market can't be stopped.
Last edited by Rancid on 27 May 2021 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:
If course the ebb and flow of the market in general is a massive factor here. However, policy can certainly nudge and mitigate things when market forces run counter to national security. I know you have a very defeatist attitude. This is something I've noticed about America. In America we have a stronger attitude of "can do", that things can be figured out, solutions can be found. As opposed to your suggestion of just rolling over and taking in the ass, because the market can't be stopped.

A lot of companies have these absurdly long lines, there is a lot of interest right now in shortening those lines.

I imagine 'just in time' isn't looking all that attractive, either.
"The origin of the virus remains unclear. Many scientists have long believed that the most likely explanation is that it jumped from an animal to a person, possibly at a food market in Wuhan, China, in late 2019. Animal-to human transmission — known as zoonotic spillover — is a common origin story for viruses, including Ebola and some bird flus.

“It is most likely that this is a virus that arose naturally, but we cannot exclude the possibility of some kind of a lab accident,” Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health, told senators yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/briefing/lab-leak-theory-covid-origins.html
late wrote:1) You are "all over the place" with your propaganda. It's called projecting, kid.

Fauci is a national treasure. He has been doing this for decades, and no one is better at it.

He's been director of the NIH for decades. I'm sure there are better people for the job by now.

late wrote:2) The Covid genome has been studies by several labs. There weren't any of the telltale signs of genetic manipulation. So if it was in the lab, they were still in the early stages.

I'm not subscribing to the theory that the novel coronavirus was genetically engineered and deliberately released to the public. I'm saying that the most likely location of transmission to humans was in the Wuhan Institute of Virology labs. That's why I think the genetic engineered virus story may have been contrived as a red herring to hide the very likely conclusion that the cause of 3.5M deaths so far was scientists playing with these viruses. As far as genetic manipulation, you are ignoring the science article. They generated numerous chimeric coronaviruses. Read the scientific literature on it and stop relying on unreliable or patently dishonest news outlets. If you are as smart as you purport to be, you can see this for yourself. Yet, you are running to the New York Times to back you up while ignoring the scientific literature.

late wrote:3) Because we, as a species, don't take this seriously, there are disease vectors pretty much everywhere, with industrial animal farming being the worst offenders. You keep thinking you can hit homeruns when you don't know how to swing a bat. Or know how to find where they play...

Industrial animal farms are controlled environments, and they aren't raising and selling bats. If you can find one infected bat at an industrial animal farm, you're one step closer to an alternative hypothesis with promise. Until then, the most likely locale for transmission to humans of the current virus is the Wuhan Institute of Virology, because we know they were working with the entire class of coronaviruses. We as a species can figure this out pretty quickly. The metaphor of the smoking gun is what it is for a reason--or where there's smoke, there's fire. The evidence is overwhelming, and you are looking for any other possible explanation. Any Chinese scientist who strays from the party line mysteriously disappears, their names, pictures and published papers scrubbed from websites, etc. Yet, some of you folks purport to be among the smartest people in the world, and yet have this suspiciously profound lack of curiosity when it comes to this--almost like you're an accessory to a crime.

late wrote:"The origin of the virus remains unclear. Many scientists have long believed that the most likely explanation is that it jumped from an animal to a person, possibly at a food market in Wuhan, China, in late 2019. Animal-to human transmission — known as zoonotic spillover — is a common origin story for viruses, including Ebola and some bird flus.

“It is most likely that this is a virus that arose naturally, but we cannot exclude the possibility of some kind of a lab accident,” Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health, told senators yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/brie ... igins.html

This is bullshit. We know that the virus was in the Wuhan lab. They were studying it and other variations of SARS-CoV at the lab. We know this beyond a shadow of a doubt. We also know they generated chimeric versions of it there. There is no question about it. There is virtually no evidence of covid 19 infection at the Wuhan wet market. This is Chernobyl to the 10th power, and both China and the US government (who funded part of the research) do not want to face lawsuits for killing so many people.

This is an obvious cover up.

The institution that funded the research in Wuhan speculates that it arose naturally, has zero evidence to support this conclusion, but doesn't want to exclude the possibility that it happened at the Wuhan Institute of Virology to maintain a semblance of scientific credibility, because after all they were studying the virus there along with other variants of SARS-CoV--where there is incontrovertible evidence of the presence of the virus alongside humans. It's most likely that this arose in the Wuhan lab.

Let's stop it with the bullshit already. Why did I willingly take the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine? It's because I read up on mRNA. I know how the vaccine works. I know it's generating an anti-body for the spike protein in question. So when I read what they were studying at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, it was very much about looking for a vaccine for SARS-CoV by studying multiple variants of SARS-CoV, generating chimeric versions of it, infecting mice, observing results, iterating the procedure with vaccines as detailed extensively in the papers I cited, and with a sharp focus on that spike protein as the source of pathology. What you have is a global disaster by a Chinese Communist government lab that has killed 3.5M people around the world, while they are busy committing genocide in Xinjiang, while people like Le Bron James receive money from sources in China and won't criticize anything the Chinese government has done. And while people like you look for any other possible explanation with no evidence whatsoever to support your assertions.
blackjack21 wrote:China has few comparative advantages. They have primarily an absolute advantage in sheer numbers of low wage workers.

They'll have some comparative advantages when their absolute advantage disappears, I guess.

Rancid wrote:As opposed to your suggestion of just rolling over and taking in the ass, because the market can't be stopped.

It's not the market that can't be stopped, it's history. Also, my suggestion rather is that we calmly accept and deal with some realities instead of being emotional (for personal reasons).
late wrote:A lot of companies have these absurdly long lines, there is a lot of interest right now in shortening those lines.

I imagine 'just in time' isn't looking all that attractive, either.

I'm not entirely following what you are saying here. :)

@blackjack21
China isn't communist. Hasn't been for a very very long time. They are CINO (Communist in name only... lol), which interestingly enough, is pronounced the same as sino.

That said, I agree with you that the CCP runs a shit gutter government that will hide everything and anything.
blackjack21 wrote:This is bullshit. We know that the virus was in the Wuhan lab. They were studying it and other variations of SARS-CoV at the lab. We know this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Nonsense, we don't know that. We know they were working with a similar virus, but not the same.

Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.
blackjack21 wrote:
I'm not subscribing to the theory that the novel coronavirus was genetically engineered and deliberately released to the public. I'm saying that the most likely location of transmission to humans was in the Wuhan Institute of Virology labs. That's why I think the genetic engineered virus story may have been contrived as a red herring to hide the very likely conclusion that the cause of 3.5M deaths so far was scientists playing with these viruses. As far as genetic manipulation, you are ignoring the science article. They generated numerous chimeric coronaviruses. Read the scientific literature on it and stop relying on unreliable or patently dishonest news outlets. If you are as smart as you purport to be, you can see this for yourself. Yet, you are running to the New York Times to back you up while ignoring the scientific literature.

Industrial animal farms are controlled environments, and they aren't raising and selling bats. If you can find one infected bat at an industrial animal farm, you're one step closer to an alternative hypothesis with promise. Until then, the most likely locale for transmission to humans of the current virus is the Wuhan Institute of Virology, because we know they were working with the entire class of coronaviruses. We as a species can figure this out pretty quickly. The metaphor of the smoking gun is what it is for a reason--or where there's smoke, there's fire. The evidence is overwhelming, and you are looking for any other possible explanation. Any Chinese scientist who strays from the party line mysteriously disappears, their names, pictures and published papers scrubbed from websites, etc. Yet, some of you folks purport to be among the smartest people in the world, and yet have this suspiciously profound lack of curiosity when it comes to this--almost like you're an accessory to a crime.

This is bullshit. We know that the virus was in the Wuhan lab. They were studying it and other variations of SARS-CoV at the lab. We know this beyond a shadow of a doubt. We also know they generated chimeric versions of it there. There is no question about it. There is virtually no evidence of covid 19 infection at the Wuhan wet market. This is Chernobyl to the 10th power, and both China and the US government (who funded part of the research) do not want to face lawsuits for killing so many people.

This is an obvious cover up.

The institution that funded the research in Wuhan speculates that it arose naturally, has zero evidence to support this conclusion, but doesn't want to exclude the possibility that it happened at the Wuhan Institute of Virology to maintain a semblance of scientific credibility, because after all they were studying the virus there along with other variants of SARS-CoV--where there is incontrovertible evidence of the presence of the virus alongside humans. It's most likely that this arose in the Wuhan lab.

Let's stop it with the bullshit already. Why did I willingly take the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine? It's because I read up on mRNA. I know how the vaccine works. I know it's generating an anti-body for the spike protein in question. So when I read what they were studying at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, it was very much about looking for a vaccine for SARS-CoV by studying multiple variants of SARS-CoV, generating chimeric versions of it, infecting mice, observing results, iterating the procedure with vaccines as detailed extensively in the papers I cited, and with a sharp focus on that spike protein as the source of pathology. What you have is a global disaster by a Chinese Communist government lab that has killed 3.5M people around the world, while they are busy committing genocide in Xinjiang, while people like Le Bron James receive money from sources in China and won't criticize anything the Chinese government has done. And while people like you look for any other possible explanation with no evidence whatsoever to support your assertions.

You're a bad joke done badly.

You are jumping straight to a conspiracy theory. Which is one of many reasons you're a joke.

As previously stated, there is no evidence that the disease was genetically altered.

People will try to nail this down, but in the meantime, there are real world problems we need to deal with.
Rancid wrote:
I'm not entirely following what you are saying here.

Some products go to several different countries before they are complete. Companies are looking at potential disruptions in the future and rethinking the way they do things. Saving a few bucks doesn't help if you are dramatically increasing your chances of running into grief.
late wrote:
Some products go to several different countries before they are complete. Companies are looking at potential disruptions in the future and rethinking the way they do things. Saving a few bucks doesn't help if you are dramatically increasing your chances of running into grief.

oh, right, I agree. Previously, companies and governments have assumed it's perfectly safe to export their supply chains away. That is indeed changing. Companies are realizing that placing key components of their supply chains in certain places like Authoritarian China has significant risk. Chasing that cheap dollar isn't always the best business decision.
Rancid wrote:
oh, right, I agree. Previously, companies and governments have assumed it's perfectly safe to export their supply chains away. That is indeed changing. Companies are realizing that placing key components of their supply chains in certain places like Authoritarian China has significant risk. Chasing that cheap dollar isn't always the best business decision.

Actually, that is likely to help China more than hurt it. It has the ability to do a lot, so it's a good place to concentrate the work.

But it's not just China, there was the blockage in the Suez, tariffs, diseases, war, it's a long list.

Capitalism started because of the special demands of international trade in Renaissance Italy, it is always international. Going back to doing most production domestically is highly unlikely to happen. That would require considerable national investment, and I am not seeing Biden talking up spending maybe a trillion to rebuild domestic manufacturing.
late wrote:
Actually, that is likely to help China more than hurt it. It has the ability to do a lot, so it's a good place to concentrate the work.

But it's not just China, there was the blockage in the Suez, tariffs, diseases, war, it's a long list.

Capitalism started because of the special demands of international trade in Renaissance Italy, it is always international. Going back to doing most production domestically is highly unlikely to happen. That would require considerable national investment, and I am not seeing Biden talking up spending maybe a trillion to rebuild domestic manufacturing.

Agree.
Rancid wrote:China isn't communist. Hasn't been for a very very long time. They are CINO (Communist in name only... lol), which interestingly enough, is pronounced the same as sino.

That said, I agree with you that the CCP runs a shit gutter government that will hide everything and anything.

Well, they claim "socialism with Chinese characteristics." There are a lot of state-owned enterprises in China, the Wuhan Institute of Virology among them. Communism as an ideology is deeply afflicted by the No True Scotsman fallacy. Every time a self-described communist or socialist organization fails or creates a disaster, communist/socialist defenders either blame it on capitalism or defenders of the ideology claim that those who failed aren't true communists, socialists, or whatever--that's the only real inevitability of communist/socialist ideology in my life's experience.

Rugoz wrote:Nonsense, we don't know that. We know they were working with a similar virus, but not the same.

Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

We know they were working with the spike protein that causes the illness. We know they generated chimeric viruses. We know they tested them on lab mice. We know they tested the effectiveness of vaccines against viruses with the spike protein. We know that lab workers became ill and sought medical attention. It's not hard to figure out.

In 2003, as late was suggesting with industrial agriculture, the SARS outbreak in 2003 was traced to farmers, market vendors, and cooks. When they sought medical attention, it spread to health care workers. Similarly in 2003, the government of China delayed reporting to the WHO and discouraged the press from reporting on it. Similarly, a WHO team was prevented from visiting Guangdong province for several weeks during the outbreak in 2003.

They knew the first super-spreader was a fish monger. Today, we know it was Wuhan Institute of Virology Lab workers themselves who first sought medical attention. Read up on the contact tracing of the 2003 SARS outbreak. It's pretty interesting.

Later, in 2003 it was Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao who threatened serious consequences to anyone who DIDN'T report cases of SARS--quite different from Xi Jinping's leadership, or lack thereof.

China classified their patient zero on 1 December 2019--denying the report of 3 lab workers seeking medical treatment in November. Patient 0 had no connection to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market. Three more cases were reported on 10 December, and only 1 of 3 had any connection to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market.

Wuhan lab workers were sick in November 2019, intelligence suggests
The earliest reported outbreak of the virus occurred at the Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market in Wuhan.

Actually, that's not true. Patient 0 had no connections with the market and that's 10 days before the first person with ties to the market to report infection. Even the livescience article acknowledges with a link here:

The coronavirus didn't really start at that Wuhan 'wet market'
This would have been easy to figure out from the database. So this was a disinformation story.

A number of early cases of the outbreak in Wuhan were tied to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market. Later, researchers took environmental samples that suggested the virus had landed on surfaces in the market. But in the period since, tissue samples from the market's animals have revealed no trace of the virus. For the virus to jump from animals to humans, the animals have to actually be carrying it.

So at best, the fish market may have been the first super-spreader event, but there were no infected animals.

Chinese Doctor Disappears after Blowing the Whistle on Coronavirus Threat

State Department cables warned of safety issues at the Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses (2018 timeframe)

The cables warned that the lab lacked adequate staff and training needed to safely conduct its potentially dangerous research on coronaviruses. The laboratory has not shared its data or lab records in the wake of the pandemic, the Wall Street Journal reported. Nor has the Chinese government always been forthcoming about data from the first days of the pandemic. For example, officials have declined to make raw data about seasonal illness in the country in fall 2019 available.

There has been little evidence to directly tie the Wuhan lab to SARS-CoV-2, however. The new intelligence on the three sick staffers comes from an unknown source. (Who's going to name themselves when the Chinese government will instantly disappear them?) One person told the Wall Street Journal that the source was an "international partner" and needed collaboration (corroboration?). Another said the intelligence was of "exquisite quality." A State Department fact sheet released at the end of the Trump administration had already called attention to reports that lab members fell sick in fall 2019 with "with symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illness," but the new report claims to add more specificity.

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence
To test the ability of the SHC014 spike to mediate infection of the human airway, we examined the sensitivity of the human epithelial airway cell line Calu-3 2B4 (ref. 9) to infection and found robust SHC014-MA15 replication, comparable to that of SARS-CoV Urbani (Fig. 1c). To extend these findings, primary human airway epithelial (HAE) cultures were infected and showed robust replication of both viruses (Fig. 1d). Together, the data confirm the ability of viruses with the SHC014 spike to infect human airway cells and underscore the potential threat of cross-species transmission of SHC014-CoV.

There's much more evidence that SARS-CoV2 came from the Wuhan Institute of Virology than there is evidence that Trump colluded with Russia.

Experiments with the full-length and chimeric SHC014 recombinant viruses were initiated and performed before the GOF research funding pause and have since been reviewed and approved for continued study by the NIH.

GOF being gain-of-function.

Materials classified as BSL3 agents consist of SARS-CoV, bat CoV precursor strains, MERS-CoV and mutants derived from these pathogens.

Reported studies were initiated after the University of North Carolina Institutional Biosafety Committee approved the experimental protocol (Project Title: Generating infectious clones of bat SARS-like CoVs; Lab Safety Plan ID: 20145741; Schedule G ID: 12279). These studies were initiated before the US Government Deliberative Process Research Funding Pause on Selected Gain-of-Function Research Involving Influenza, MERS and SARS Viruses (http://www.phe.gov/s3/dualuse/Documents ... nction.pdf).

Construction of SARS-like chimeric viruses.
Both wild-type and chimeric viruses were derived from either SARS-CoV Urbani or the corresponding mouse-adapted (SARS-CoV MA15) infectious clone (ic) as previously described27. Plasmids containing spike sequences for SHC014 were extracted by restriction digest and ligated into the E and F plasmid of the MA15 infectious clone. The clone was designed and purchased from Bio Basic as six contiguous cDNAs using published sequences flanked by unique class II restriction endonuclease sites (BglI). Thereafter, plasmids containing wild-type, chimeric SARS-CoV and SHC014-CoV genome fragments were amplified, excised, ligated and purified. In vitro transcription reactions were then preformed to synthesize full-length genomic RNA, which was transfected into Vero E6 cells as previously described2. The medium from transfected cells was harvested and served as seed stocks for subsequent experiments. Chimeric and full-length viruses were confirmed by sequence analysis before use in these studies. Synthetic construction of chimeric mutant and full-length SHC014-CoV was approved by the University of North Carolina Institutional Biosafety Committee and the Dual Use Research of Concern committee.

Overall, our approach has used metagenomics data to identify a potential threat posed by the circulating bat SARS-like CoV SHC014. Because of the ability of chimeric SHC014 viruses to replicate in human airway cultures, cause pathogenesis in vivo and escape current therapeutics, there is a need for both surveillance and improved therapeutics against circulating SARS-like viruses.

You can go on for years and years that Trump committed some crime. Spend tens of millions of dollars investigating him to no end. Yet, 3.5M people dead, and suddenly there is this suspicious lack of curiosity. :roll: Just read the scientific journals of what they were doing at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Don't waste your time and secondary or tertiary sources like newspapers or media outlets.
blackjack21 wrote:
suddenly there is this suspicious lack of curiosity.

Just read the scientific journals of what they were doing at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Don't waste your time and secondary or tertiary sources like newspapers or media outlets.

There have been several genome studies, multiple investigations, and Biden just said he wants another look.

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of "lack"...

What you have is circumstantial evidence. You need more. The intel guys that favor this only have a moderate level of confidence in their assessment.

And finally, this is just another distraction from what needs doing.

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]