Just 15.5 min, deninitely worth the time. Is America in Decline? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

While the guy has some good points, he is wildly optimistic, talking about colonizing Space, and that he thinks the economy will be fine. But overall, I'd say it's worth watching.

Gordon's Rise and Fall of American Growth is more pessimistic than I am, but it's easily the best thing I've seen on the subject (for the lay audience, I'm not an economist). It's also big, I had to buy my own copy, a couple weeks with a library copy might get you to somewhere in chapter 2...

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-American-Growth-Princeton/dp/0691147728/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3MT8SPMGF20K8&dchild=1&keywords=rise+and+fall+of+american+growth&qid=1622465845&sprefix=rise+and+fall+of+American%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-1
Any analysis of America which seeks to determine advance vs. decline should begin with a listing of national 'health' characteristics and then, one by one, investigate them. This requires some sort of mensuration which may well differ widely for each characteristic.

I seriously doubt that an exploration of this in sufficient depth to be meaningful can be given in 15 minutes.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
"The US was kind of unconsciously vaulted into the position of a superpower in the 1800s..."

The narrator of the video has an interesting way of describing genocides and non-stop ethnic cleansing as "unconscious."

If he is unable to look in a neutral and unbiased way at the USA's history, how in the world will any of this conclusions stand up to any scrutiny?

Later on, he says that if the USA stops policing the world, that the world will fall into chaos.

So this is a feel-good movie for NATO personel.

As long as settler colonialism is a thing, October[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]