American Democracy. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
I've recently spent quite a bit of time in consideration of democracy in these United States of America. This was prompted by the use of the word in posts on forums such as this one and others. [Yes, Gotcha! Gang. I know the United States is a republic.]

I'm reasonably sure, at this point, that a goodly number of my fellow Americans are unaware of how and where the impact of the individual vote has been distorted and, in all but fact, at times negated in the various levels of our governments [federal, state, county, city.]

The drafters of the US Constitution did their best, but it is, as amended and modified/defined by centuries of case law, a fragile structure. I am concerned with the current 'winner takes all' zeitgeist apparent in some of the actions of our political parties. [The Federalist Papers refer to them as 'factions'.]

Regards to all.
By Torus34
Crantag wrote:'America' is a tragic, farcical 'nation'. Anyone who is proud of 'her' should really be rather ashamed for it

Hi, Crantag!

Rather than attempt to rebut your comment, I'll note what I believe to be America's finest hour. It was at the end of WW II. The homeland of the United States of America was physically unscathed by war. The full productive capability was mobilized, the country had sole possession of the atomic bomb and had the capability to target any point on the surface of the earth. America could have insisted on, and enforced, a Pax Americana. Instead, it instituted the Marshall Plan.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
By QatzelOk
Torus34 wrote:America could have insisted on, and enforced, a Pax Americana. Instead, it instituted the Marshall Plan.

Aren't these just two names for the same program?

From what I've read, France was FORCED by the Marshall Plan ("do you want your reconstruction money or not?") to allow American media brainwashing into their country, after protecting themselves from it for so long.

Yugoslavia was "asked" to allow American media brainwashing into its citizen's devices, and after it said NO, it was destroyed by NATO.

So your "beautiful moment" in USA history looks like a psy ops that destroyed many cultures and regulatory frameworks.

Stay safe, and wash your hands!
By Torus34
QatzelOk wrote:Aren't these just two names for the same program?

From what I've read, France was FORCED by the Marshall Plan ("do you want your reconstruction money or not?") to allow American media brainwashing into their country, after protecting themselves from it for so long.

Yugoslavia was "asked" to allow American media brainwashing into its citizen's devices, and after it said NO, it was destroyed by NATO.

So your "beautiful moment" in USA history looks like a psy ops that destroyed many cultures and regulatory frameworks.

Stay safe, and wash your hands!

Hi!

In answer to your first question: no.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]