Two Worlds? America Divided? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

[Quoting myself from another source;]

"I try to keep abreast of what's happening these days in my country, the United States of America, and in the world in general. Most days I visit a number of news/opinion sources both at home and away. When I read on the 'net of a Center for Countering Digital Hate [CCDH] report on the 12 people they found responsible for the preponderance of Covid-19 virus vaccination misinformation on the 'net, I tracked it down*. I got to the table of contents and stopped cold! There were the 12 names. I recognized only one of them.

"Now, either that report is made up of whole cloth [Ed.: That's a possibility of just about everything on the 'net, dude,] or the information 'world' I know is not that of a significant number of my fellow Americans.

"For the record, I routinely 'visit' such sources as the main stream outlets, foreign outlets such as the Guardian and DW, AM talk radio and, occasionally, short wave radio. A secular humanist, I'm not inside a red/blue Dem/Rep lib/can 'bubble'. Yet, just one name of the 12 rang a mental bell for me.

"And thus the topic line erotemes.

"Regards, stay safe 'n well.

"Ref:https://252f2edd-1c8b-49f5-9bb2-cb57...8663366ee5.pdf"
Torus34 wrote:[

....report on the 12 people they found responsible for the preponderance of Covid-19 virus vaccination misinformation on the 'net, I tracked it down*. I got to the table of contents and stopped cold! There were the 12 names. I recognized only one of them.

I want all information disseminated without censorship. It is for me to decide what to consume; not some 21st century rebate of medieval quacks garbed as CCDH or some other pompous label.
Juin wrote:I want all information disseminated without censorship. It is for me to decide what to consume; not some 21st century rebate of medieval quacks garbed as CCDH or some other pompous label.

Hi, Juin!

With no restrictions and free dissemination of all information, including that which is not true, to put it gently, on what basis can we have faith that an information Gresham's Law will not obtain?

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]