76 years since greatest terror act in history - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@Rakshasa

Not every Westerner is ungrateful for the Soviet victory. We know very well that we would have lost without you, a lot of us woud not be alive today if not for the heroic sacrifices of the peoples of Russia. I can safely say that if the Germans had won I would probably never have been born, especially considering I would not have met Nazi racial standards.

It is most unfortunate that relations between East and West are so abysmal, but we must work towards a better future. Whatever the politics the people should not hate each other. I don't hate Russia and I hope you also don't hate me. Not every Westerner is as you think we are.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rakshasa

So you wouldn't consider the fact that Soviet troops raped German women en-mass as not being a war crime? German women were treated as spoils of war by Soviet troops. Truth be told, no nation that fought in World War II had clean hands. It was a war and war has it's own rules.

Attention, boys and girls, this is classical usan CHUTZPAH!
Like the trademark sign of Empire of Lies™.

Indeed, troops raped German women en-mass, and considered them as spoils of war, it’s a fact. But it was USA troops, not USSR.
Surprised?

This is the blog of Lev Vershinin, he studied that matter, take a look using Google Translate.

КАК ФОРМА РЕПАРАЦИИ
https://putnik1.livejournal.com/2137214.html

And yes, war has its own rules, and war crimes are war crimes.
Otherwise how could you condemn Nazi?

Or Usans, who committed first in the history of Man hecatombe with nuclear weapons.
Or first genocide with mass using of chemical weapons in Vietnam.
Or mass making souvenirs from human bones, from killed enemy soldiers. Even Roosevelt got one, you know?

P.S. Actually, this slander is coming from a famous Dr. Goebbels. It’s a very long living lie, indeed. And it’s spread like Covid.

P.P.S. “no nation that fought in World War II had clean hands” - Yes, but it is like saying “nobody is without sins”. Yes, this is fact, but that doesn’t mean mass murderer and kid, who stole candy from a store, are equal.

Russians didn't commit great crimes, like genocide, massacre of innocents, mass mutilation of dead enemies.
Only "civilized" Western nations do that.

Let's just cut the crap of anybody being "morally superior" in World War II. This was the reality of World War II.

Do you know what Nazi did in Russia, I suppose?
Now tell me what would usans or britts do after their victory if they suffered the same things?

I can tell that -- Germans would be history by now. If Britts avenged for Coventry (1500 dead) by destroying main German cities, like Drezden, killng 100 Germans (mostly innocent women, children, elderly) for 1 killed in Coventry Britt, then for things like genocide they would certainly wipe Germans out.

Same about Usans -- they have even less moral restraints than Britts.

And what Russians did? They forfeited their right for revenge! They forgave unforgivable...

Do you know Nazi POVs were shocked by humane treatment in Russian prison camps?
For example, wounded Nazi got the same treatment as wounded Soviet soldiers.
And same thing in Germany -- Germans under Russian occupation were shocked to discover that feared Russians are the complete opposite of images from Goebbels propaganda.

That's why those piece of Goebbels' faeces is especially insulting. If USSR soldier raped a German woman, he was court-martialed, and 99% executed. No mass rapes without punishment were committed by the Red Army.
Last edited by Rakshasa on 06 Sep 2021 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
@Rakshasa

КАК ФОРМА РЕПАРАЦИИ

k-a-k fer-oera-ma ra-yaer-pea-ra-tsa-e

Did I sound out the Cyrillic correctly? The third letter in the last word sounds like "p" in the latin alphabet.

Aside from that and you are probably not going to like this, but the rapes did indeed occur by the Red Army. Nobody had clean hands in World War II. One should view their history honestly and not through the lens of mythology. That doesn't mean you can't be proud of where you come from. But dissing other countries and not seeing your own country's history through a lens of fact and honesty is unwise.
Well, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are important, but one shouldnt overstate their importance either.

Unfortunately the USA is basically trying to gain a "right of habit" to break international law and commit warcrimes without any penalty ever. And they are at this since WW2. They do regime change wars all over the globe. Just to name a few: Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Lybia. Lybia was bombed back into the dark ages, and Syria currently is occupied to a third. They are currently trying, or have recently tried, to start wars with Iran and Venezuela. They also help with the genocidal war that Saudi Arabia wages against Jemen. They currently bomb in Somalia for no reason. They might continue bombing Afghanistan out of sheer spite, even if thats as pointless as the occuption of Afghanistan before. Theres even hopefully wrong rumors they are planning to attack China, too. China is the third strongest nuclear power of the world and a close ally of Russia, which is as much nuclear armed as the USA itself.

This will probably only end once the USA is no longer a superpower and the elites in the USA who firmly believe that the USA is "special" and is above human rights and international law, an ideology commonly refered to as "exceptionalism", have been disproven.

So yes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are important, but the USA has much more to answer for than just their usage of nuclear bombs against civilians a three quarter century before.
Rakshasa wrote:Attention, boys and girls, this is classical usan CHUTZPAH!
Like the trademark sign of Empire of Lies™.

Indeed, troops raped German women en-mass, and considered them as spoils of war, it’s a fact. But it was USA troops, not USSR.
Surprised?

This is the blog of Lev Vershinin, he studied that matter, take a look using Google Translate.

КАК ФОРМА РЕПАРАЦИИ
https://putnik1.livejournal.com/2137214.html

And yes, war has its own rules, and war crimes are war crimes.
Otherwise how could you condemn Nazi?

Or Usans, who committed first in the history of Man hecatombe with nuclear weapons.
Or first genocide with mass using of chemical weapons in Vietnam.
Or mass making souvenirs from human bones, from killed enemy soldiers. Even Roosevelt got one, you know?

P.S. Actually, this slander is coming from a famous Dr. Goebbels. It’s a very long living lie, indeed. And it’s spread like Covid.

P.P.S. “no nation that fought in World War II had clean hands” - Yes, but it is like saying “nobody is without sins”. Yes, this is fact, but that doesn’t mean mass murderer and kid, who stole candy from a store, are equal.

Russians didn't commit great crimes, like genocide, massacre of innocents, mass mutilation of dead enemies.
Only "civilized" Western nations do that.

Do you know what Nazi did in Russia, I suppose?
Now tell me what would usans or britts do after their victory if they suffered the same things?

I can tell that -- Germans would be history by now. If Britts avenged for Coventry (1500 dead) by destroying main German cities, like Drezden, killng 100 Germans (mostly innocent women, children, elderly) for 1 killed in Coventry Britt, then for things like genocide they would certainly wipe Germans out.

Same about Usans -- they have even less moral restraints than Britts.

And what Russians did? They forfeited their right for revenge! They forgave unforgivable...

Do you know Nazi POVs were shocked by humane treatment in Russian prison camps?
For example, wounded Nazi got the same treatment as wounded Soviet soldiers.
And same thing in Germany -- Germans under Russian occupation were shocked to discover that feared Russians are the complete opposite of images from Goebbels propaganda.

That's why those piece of Goebbels' faeces is especially insulting. If USSR soldier raped a German woman, he was court-martialed, and 99% executed. No mass rapes without punishment were committed by the Red Army.
Besides what all you have pointed out , @Politics_Observer has here engaged in a "whataboutism" . This , ironically enough , was a logically fallacious rhetorical tactic popularly attributed to the Russians , during the Cold War .
[Forwarded from RT in Russian]

«According to the latest information from experts, there are more than 800 active extremist groups in the United States. Monuments to Nazi criminals have been erected in the states of Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Ohio and Wisconsin.»

Russian Ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov commented on the information about the spread of neo-Nazism in the United States, which is mentioned in the report of the Russian Foreign Ministry.

He recalled that only two countries - Ukraine and the United States - from year to year vote against the UN General Assembly resolution on combating the glorification of Nazism:

«Instead of solving internal problems in the field of racial discrimination and the spread of neo-Nazism, the US administration continues to «incriminate» other countries of «violations» of human rights. He presents himself as the «main champion» of freedoms in the world. She is busy looking for external «enemies», trying to divide states into «democratic» and «not very».

@rt_russian

https://t.me/rt_russian/83888
Unthinking Majority wrote:Guy punches you in the face so you break his arm and so the guy cries foul? Gimme a break.

What happened before the guy punched you in the face? Did the world exist before this pivotal moment in your analogy?

This makes it fairly useful in understanding complex international events which have long histories and precedents.

Politics_Observer wrote:...Soviet troops raped German women...

Juin wrote:When it came to atrocities the Nazis were in a class of their own.

annatar1914 wrote:All Russians were to be exterminated by one means or another. Moscow was to be leveled and made into a giant artificial lake. ...

Any discussion of Nazi atrocities or Hitler's plans for Russia... are post-war propaganda about war propaganda. It's impossible for this kind of second-generation propaganda to be accurate in any meaningful way.

Even annatar1914 admits this in another post of his:

annatar1914 wrote:...a significant amount of those stories of Red Army atrocities were manufactured by Dr. Goebbels and kept alive during the Cold War. ...

The post-war West had the best Goebbels the world has ever seen.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Were Israelis not taking Palestinian land and hom[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]