Realpolitik and Afghanistan. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ckaihatsu wrote:
Uh-huh. Is all your paperwork in order?

= D

No paper work, all you have to do is understand the horror. Or as I like to put it, all the responsibility, none of the power...
late wrote:No paper work, all you have to do is understand the horror. Or as I like to put it, all the responsibility, none of the power...

ckaihatsu wrote:
Not a Stalinist, so I don't aspire to any state-bureaucratic positions, thanks.

"We are as gods, we might as well get good at it." Stewart Brand

It's not like there's a choice in the matter.

Nietzsche said god is dead, he was close, we replaced him.
late wrote:
"We are as gods, we might as well get good at it." Stewart Brand

It's not like there's a choice in the matter.

Nietzsche said god is dead, he was close, we replaced him.

Okay, given *that* introduction, what can I do for ya -- ?

x D
B0ycey wrote:Sure there are a group of electorate who want to interfere in other nations. They are called Republicans. :lol:

There are a group of the electorate that doesn't want to interfere in other nations. They are called racists.

Why would any person that cares about humanity not want to interfere in other nations? Why should an Afghan women not have the same rights as a British national or an American national woman? Why should an Afghan woman not have the same opportunities as Sheryl Sandberg or Kamala Harris? Now reality is messy. It is difficult enough inside a prosperous western nation to separate the guilty from the innocent, it is impossible in a dictatorship or a war zone.

However for myself I still feel its important to be clear on principles, despite the horrendous complexity and messiness of reality. For me the rights of just one woman, what ever their race or nationality outweigh the value of the lives of a hundred million terrorists. And in my book any man or woman who uses physical force to deny a woman's rights or supports the use of physical force, whether by family, community or government to deny a woman's right, is a terrorist.
Rich wrote:There are a group of the electorate that doesn't want to interfere in other nations. They are called racists.

Why would any person that cares about humanity not want to interfere in other nations? Why should an Afghan women not have the same rights as a British national or an American national woman? Why should an Afghan woman not have the same opportunities as Sheryl Sandberg or Kamala Harris? Now reality is messy. It is difficult enough inside a prosperous western nation to separate the guilty from the innocent, it is impossible in a dictatorship or a war zone.

However for myself I still feel its important to be clear on principles, despite the horrendous complexity and messiness of reality. For me the rights of just one woman, what ever their race or nationality outweigh the value of the lives of a hundred million terrorists. And in my book any man or woman who uses physical force to deny a woman's rights or supports the use of physical force, whether by family, community or government to deny a woman's right, is a terrorist.

We are our sisters keeper. Non interference can also be a dereliction of duty. A failure to act, against injustice, is to let one's sisters down. I believe you do make an important point.
We do have the UN deceleration of human rights.
But, is that the last word? Did all cultures that didn't agree have a fair chance to object? I doubt it.
If one asserts a right to invade other nations and make them over in one's nation's image, doesn't this also give all other nations the right to invade your nation and make it over in their nation's image?
While it is easy to assert that your culture is the best, it is just as easy for every other culture to assert that their culture is the best.
. . . This disagreement can lead to endless war, and with ACC now is not the time to engage in endless war.

Who made us the final deciders of what nation's culture is best?

Remember, I studied Anthropology for 3 years in Univ. about 1970. Anthropology asserts that every culture has a right to decide for itself. Star Trek agreed.
Steve_American wrote:We do have the UN deceleration of human rights.
But, is that the last word? Did all cultures that didn't agree have a fair chance to object? I doubt it.
If one asserts a right to invade other nations and make them over in one's nation's image, doesn't this also give all other nations the right to invade your nation and make it over in their nation's image?
While it is easy to assert that your culture is the best, it is just as easy for every other culture to assert that their culture is the best.
. . . This disagreement can lead to endless war, and with ACC now is not the time to engage in endless war.

Who made us the final deciders of what nation's culture is best?

Remember, I studied Anthropology for 3 years in Univ. about 1970. Anthropology asserts that every culture has a right to decide for itself. Star Trek agreed.

Culture is a much broader term than the narrow specifics of justice and injustice, right and wrong, as maybe outlined in the UN declarations.
Steve_American wrote:Remember, I studied Anthropology for 3 years in Univ. about 1970. Anthropology asserts that every culture has a right to decide for itself. Star Trek agreed.

Yes well Anthropology was perhaps the first department to be totally and utterly conquered by Cultural Marxism, even before Sociology and Social work. The first problem is that my culture has decided for itself that we have a right and duty to interfere into other cultures, so who are you (I mean that rhetorically and philosophically not as a personal attack) to interfere in our interference? The second problem is, who decides the boundaries of cultures, who decided the borders of cultures? Take the Syrian Kurds, are they a separate culture with the right to self determination or are they part of Syrian culture, with no right to self determination and with no right to call in outsiders to their aid?

And what I want to know as a dictator is how much can I get away with. Some people say even dictators are not allowed to commit genocide, but then my immediate question is how many many people can I murder, how many can I maim, torture imprison and terrorise, while still falling short of genocide. And I also want to know what happens if I cheat, if as dictator I go beyond the bounds of acceptable murder, torture and imprisonment, how will anyone know that I'm cheating? If I don't give you free access to my country, how will you know if I'm committing genocide?
I don't even know why @ckaihatsu and @late were fighting.

I guess Late was engaging in a little dick measuring contest.

@Rich is off his rocker, as usual. He is an intelligent guy, but you have to dig through his posts to find salient points, like digging for a needle in a haystack.

I guess Rich is a good example of why dictators are generally not good.

Imagine if Rich was your dictator.

What a fucking dystopia that would be.
Crantag wrote:
I don't even know why @ckaihatsu and @late were fighting.

I guess Late was engaging in a little dick measuring contest.

@Rich is off his rocker, as usual. He is an intelligent guy, but you have to dig through his posts to find salient points, like digging for a needle in a haystack.

I guess Rich is a good example of why dictators are generally not good.

Imagine if Rich was your dictator.

What a fucking dystopia that would be.

Rich and Juin are speaking abstractly, in *opportunistic* ways, though they *are* addressing an objective situation, geopolitically -- that of Western exceptionalism / intervention, vs. non-intervention.

NATO fucked-up big-time in backing Islamist forces (FSA, ISIS) against Assad post-Arab-Spring, and now the empirical situation is similar regarding the Islamists in Afghanistan. The Western-backed 'national' forces were corrupt and violent and weren't popular -- but at least they were secular -- and now the Taliban is clerical-religious, and will be imposing Sharia law over everyone.

If this isn't causing consternation for you, the reader, then you're not really paying attention.
Rich wrote:There are a group of the electorate that doesn't want to interfere in other nations. They are called racists.

Why would any person that cares about humanity not want to interfere in other nations?

Well then, just to be non-racist and to show that I care, I think that the rest of the world should bomb and drone the USA until it releases most of its African-American prisoners, and begins treating its minorities with more respect.

Maybe China has enough money to pay Latino mercs to create hell in the USA, until it is forced to improve conditions for African-Americans.

Also, because the USA has no mass transit of any quality, perhaps China could nuke some cities in the USA just to show that "it cares" about proper mass transit.

Now, I DO appreciate that Rich's last post at least RELATES to Realpolitik, unlike most of the trolling of the last two pages.

Real Politik 1:The USA must destroy third world countries for three reasons: 1. To prove that it's still number one 2. To keep its military well oiled 3. To be on the lookout for resources it can steal or keep from other nations

Real Politik 2: If the world wants to survive and have some kind of equality between nations, all current and future empires need to be destroyed. No mercy, and no hesitation. They need to be destroyed BEFORE they cause as much damage as Britain or the USA have caused.
QatzelOk wrote:
Well then, just to be non-racist and to show that I care, I think that the rest of the world should bomb and drone the USA until it releases most of its African-American prisoners, and begins treating its minorities with more respect.

Maybe China has enough money to pay Latino mercs to create hell in the USA, until it is forced to improve conditions for African-Americans.

Also, because the USA has no mass transit of any quality, perhaps China could nuke some cities in the USA just to show that "it cares" about proper mass transit.

Are U.S. politicians now going to be campaigning for the U.S. to join BRI -- ?

x D
ckaihatsu wrote:Are U.S. politicians now going to be campaigning for the U.S. to join BRI -- ?

x D

I was mocking Rich's idea that the USA invades and bombs "to help" other nations.

If you love someone... say it with drones. (I have never seen this on a motivational poster)
QatzelOk wrote:
I was mocking Rich's idea that the USA invades and bombs "to help" other nations.

If you love someone... say it with drones. (I have never seen this on a motivational poster)

Devil's advocate -- should the Taliban rule Afghanistan? Is that 'self-determination'?
ckaihatsu wrote:Devil's advocate -- should the Taliban rule Afghanistan? Is that 'self-determination'?

That the USA has been interfering with Afghan politics since 1979 means... that the interference will continue under the Taliban.

Perhaps the USA droned Afghans for 20 years to ENSURE that the Taliban stay in charge. I mean, the USA and Israel were ALSO created by religious crazies and unrelenting racists who were used to score trillions for corporations.

Maybe the New Taliban Regime is part of the same project.
QatzelOk wrote:
That the USA has been interfering with Afghan politics since 1979 means... that the interference will continue under the Taliban.

Perhaps the USA droned Afghans for 20 years to ENSURE that the Taliban stay in charge. I mean, the USA and Israel were ALSO created by religious crazies and unrelenting racists who were used to score trillions for corporations.

Maybe the New Taliban Regime is part of the same project.

Now we just need a *name* for that nexus....

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]