Is this where the West is heading? - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ckaihatsu wrote:Yeah, that's true -- on reflection I *know* that you critique corporations regularly.

It's ultimately a matter of *emphasis*, though, because you're not critiquing corporations and the consumer *in parallel*, here.

My argument is that people *need* transportation in a modern world, yet the *options* have usually had to be *car*-based in the postwar era.

People need to understand how toxic corporate-rule is. Corporate rule pushed us into suburbs, where we became addicted to cars and TV. These two "products" lead to more poisoning (of the community, of the air and land, etc.)

But don't you see that you've arrived at a *dead end* -- ?

Okay, so if consumers are self-critiquing, *then what* -- a few lifestyle *adjustments* can and may be made, individual-by-individual, or household-by-household, but then meanwhile the *corporations* just go on doing what they're doing:

Correction. "We" have arrived at a dead end by trying to appease corporate rule.

I don't try to appease it. I insult the products it markets with every breathe. And I insult how dumb our species is for letting this continue.

There's nothing wrong with frankness. Most average people don't get subtlety, especially when it comes to politics or economics - both subjects that many North Americans don't have *an adult understanding* of.

So you seem to be asking me to be more subtle, which will never happen.
QatzelOk wrote:
People need to understand how toxic corporate-rule is. Corporate rule pushed us into suburbs, where we became addicted to cars and TV. These two "products" lead to more poisoning (of the community, of the air and land, etc.)

Correction. "We" have arrived at a dead end by trying to appease corporate rule.

I don't try to appease it. I insult the products it markets with every breathe. And I insult how dumb our species is for letting this continue.

There's nothing wrong with frankness.

QatzelOk wrote:
Most average people don't get subtlety,

Okay, but what are you *really* saying here -- ? (grin)

QatzelOk wrote:
especially when it comes to politics or economics - both subjects that many North Americans don't have *an adult understanding* of.

So you seem to be asking me to be more subtle, which will never happen.

Nope.

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/177337636136248[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]