A Story To Be Told. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
[Quoting myself from another source:]

"The rapid take-over of Afghanistan by the Taliban occurred because there was little in place -- a hollow military and a government not 'of the people' -- to oppose them. The United States of America, through 20 years and 4 administrations, two Republican and two Democratic, has had a presence, military and civilian, in Afghanistan. The US has had the capability of knowing what was going on. There is little reason to believe that the Afghans at the top of the house of cards were able to pull the wool over the eyes of the senior in-country Americans.

"Yet, the debacle happened and, we are told, came as a surprise. There is much pointing of fingers.

"The American public is too caught up in red/blue tribal nonsense to ask how both parties -- both parties -- could have been complicit in what may well be a shameful cover-up.

"That is the story to be told.

"It is doubtful that those atop either political party will show the slightest interest in telling it.

"Regards, stay safe 'n well.

"Ref: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... on-taliban"
By Torus34
September 18, 2001 marked the legislative start of the war in Afghanistan. That was the date of passage of Public Law 107-40.* Drafted in haste, it is possible that but a few of its signatories realized the implications at that time. Passed in haste, there have been 20 years in which to repent. There is no sign that those atop either political party are so inclined. Nor, for that matter, are the highest members of the US military after they completed the decades-long project of creating a sham Afghan 'army'.

* Ref: https://www.congress.gov/107/plaws/publ ... publ40.pdf

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]