Pro-Chinese influence group is using social media to mobilize anti-vax unrest in US - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

A wide-ranging pro-China influence group is attempting to use social media platforms and other forums to mobilize physical protests around COVID-19 concerns in the United States, research released Wednesday found.

Cybersecurity group Mandiant Threat Intelligence found evidence that the pro-People’s Republic of China group behind the protest efforts, first discovered in 2019, has expanded from using traditional social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to being found on 30 social media sites and 40 other websites and forums.

While Mandiant noted that no successful protests have been seen as a result of the efforts of the group’s call for physical protests, the group’s efforts have increased, with Mandiant finding evidence of the group posting in at least seven languages across the sites to get their messaging out.

“We have observed extensive promotion of Russian, German, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese-language content on U.S. and non-U.S.-based platforms, in addition to the typical English and Chinese-language activity that has been widely reported on,” the Mandiant researchers wrote in the blog post detailing their findings. “This represents a significant development in our collective understanding of this pro-PRC activity set.”

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurit ... s-covid-19

Smells like outsourced blame for genuine domestic unrest. Is this what a collapse looks like? So much seething and finger point love it. All China has to do is twiddle its thumbs and watch. :lol:
Igor Antunov wrote:https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/571288-research-finds-chinese-influence-group-trying-to-mobilize-us-covid-19

Smells like outsourced blame for genuine domestic unrest. Is this what a collapse looks like? So much seething and finger point love it. All China has to do is twiddle its thumbs and watch. :lol:

@Igor Antunov ;

Or, is this kind of article something that hits a little too close to home for you, so you are now deflecting it's possible effect by mentioning it yourself, and holding it up to ridicule? Oh I don't know, perhaps you're right and there's nothing to it. Still doesn't make you right about the responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
annatar1914 wrote:@Igor Antunov ;

Or, is this kind of article something that hits a little too close to home for you, so you are now deflecting it's possible effect by mentioning it yourself, and holding it up to ridicule? Oh I don't know, perhaps you're right and there's nothing to it. Still doesn't make you right about the responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.

I support whatever Covid response China supports because it actually worked.

Let's see:

1) Real multi-month lockdown (never happened anywhere in the west)
2) not so much emphasis on vaccination-a milder traditional inactivated vaccine instead which is not mandatory in china outside of public sector and definitely not for children

No advice you can give on pandemic management can supersede the superior two actions detailed above-because they are proven to work far more effectively than any other course of action. Thus, end of that particular discussion.

As for foreign actors sowing unrest-really? That would be cruel at this point with how dysfunctional the west has become all on its own. I guarantee the rest of the world is simply watching and laughing.
@Igor Antunov, you replied ;

I support whatever Covid response China supports because it actually worked.

Let's see:

1) Real multi-month lockdown (never happened anywhere in the west)
2) not so much emphasis on vaccination-a milder traditional inactivated vaccine instead which is not mandatory in china outside of public sector and definitely not for children

Fairly good answer, despite the fact that that same vaccine is not quite as effective. Yes, China had a real multi-month lockdown, and it seems to have worked so far.

No advice you can give on pandemic management can supersede the superior two actions detailed above-because they are proven to work far more effectively than any other course of action. Thus, end of that particular discussion.

I'm on the record for both Draconian albeit temporary lockdowns with masking and ''throwing the kitchen sink'' at COVID-19; Vaccines, Hydoxychloroquine, Ivermectin, whatever has any degree of ending the pandemic without more loss of life.

As for foreign actors sowing unrest-really? That would be cruel at this point with how dysfunctional the west has become all on its own. I guarantee the rest of the world is simply watching and laughing.

The West truly is dysfunctional, and basically going down the toilet with the insanity of identity politics, moral and social degeneracy and irresponsibility, and the biggest degree of imperial overreach in recorded history. But when the West falls, it's going to put a severe shock on everyone else as a result.

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Actually it is unknown whether humans and chimps […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]