Denazifying and handing over all of these lands to Russia is the only way to achieve lasting peace - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ckaihatsu wrote:I've been working on *impressions* lately, and I have one ready-to-go now.

Okay, ready? This is my impression of *Rancid* -- here goes....

'Damn you, Wikipedia!'

(Thanks.)

= D

My impression of you is that you're a spineless jackass with his head up his ass on bullshit.
ckaihatsu wrote:(Funny how no one around here can really *defend* Western imperialism, and yet *Russia* is still the bad-guy -- okay, flawed physics there.)

What "Western Imperialism"? Give us some current examples.
Drlee wrote:

Oh, yeah, fer sure.

Jeez, just off the top of my head, how about *fucking Syria*, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, for starters -- ?

How is it that you conservatives think that this information (about empire) is only hidden-away in clay jars, or something -- (!)

'Tabula rasa' / (blank-slate) doesn't really apply to *right now*, thank-you-very-much.
eez, just off the top of my head, how about *fucking Syria*, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, for starters -- ?

You mean the Syria that is occupied by the Russian army? We must be really some power to be able to maintain our empire in Syria with 900 defensive troops. :roll:

Iraq which has an independent government.

Libya which has an independent government.

Afghanistan which we left when we did not have to.

It is not imperialism to fight terror. :roll: We do not occupy these countries. Please learn what terms mean. Google "imperialism".
Drlee wrote:What "Western Imperialism"?

A statement like this disqualifies you to comment on international politics.

It's like writing: What "pollution" problems? when talking about the current environmental situation.

Or: What "systemic racism"?" when adressing Western inequality.

Your irony quotes here look a lot this:

What is happening in Ukraine is old school, in your face, blatant imperialism. Anyone that defense or supports this is themselves imperialist scum. There is really no way that if you really are an anti-imperialists of all forms, that you would be in support of Russia. Here we are though, with a bunch of fakes.
Drlee wrote:

ckaihatsu wrote:
Jeez, just off the top of my head, how about *fucking Syria*, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, for starters -- ?

Drlee wrote:
You mean the Syria that is occupied by the Russian army? We must be really some power to be able to maintain our empire in Syria with 900 defensive troops. :roll:

Iraq which has an independent government.

Libya which has an independent government.

Afghanistan which we left when we did not have to.

It is not imperialism to fight terror. :roll: We do not occupy these countries. Please learn what terms mean. Google "imperialism".

Okay, involuntarily delayed there....

It's militaristic-financial these days -- just look at Sri Lanka having to go hat-in-hand to the IMF since capitalism on planet earth here isn't exactly 'underwritten' 'externally' by any sort of 'Planet B'.

So since the U.S. dollar is the worldwide yardstick of monetary valuation, any economic hiccups, like now -- as from non-market / *political* U.S. sanctions -- means that shaky national economies (like Sri Lanka) are then suddenly thrown into stark relief against the floodlights of U.S. currency -- the global 'gold standard', ironically enough.

The U.S. did *not* do well in regards to Iraq, to Libya, or to Afghanistan, then or now -- why is the U.S. leaving Afghani people to the social backwardness of the Taliban regime -- ?

My point stands that U.S. foreign policy over the last 20+ years has been that of militaristic *imperialism*.
Rancid wrote:
What is happening in Ukraine is old school, in your face, blatant imperialism. Anyone that defense or supports this is themselves imperialist scum. There is really no way that if you really are an anti-imperialists of all forms, that you would be in support of Russia. Here we are though, with a bunch of fakes.

Got something for that....

In an exchange of letters with a 19-year-old Pink Floyd fan named Alina Mitrofanova on March 9, Waters wrote, “I regret that Western governments are fueling the fire that will destroy your beautiful country by pouring arms into Ukraine, instead of engaging in the diplomacy that will be necessary to stop the slaughter.”

“Sadly, however,” Waters continued, “many world leaders are gangsters and my disgust for political gangsters did not start last week with Putin. I was disgusted by the gangsters Bush and Blair when they invaded Iraq in 2003, I was and still am disgusted by the gangster government of Israel’s invasion of Palestine in 1967 and its subsequent apartheid occupation of that land which has now been going on for over fifty years. I was disgusted by the gangsters Obama and Clinton ordering NATO’s illegal bombings of both Libya and Serbia. I am disgusted by the wholesale destruction of Syria initiated, as it was, in 2011 by outside interference in the cause of regime change. I was disgusted by the invasion of Lebanon in 1982 when the gangster Shimon Peres connived with the Christian Phalangist Militias in the murder of Palestinian refugees in Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in the south of that country.”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/0 ... y-a13.html
(Again)

Rancid wrote:

This European *economic* kerfuffle with its energy supplier, Russia, should not be overstated and dramatized into nostalgic 20th century 'Great Powers'-type geopoliticking.

If you're going to *insist* on politicizing this ongoing overreach of NATO, then I'll just point out that it's a redux of how the U.S. treated *Syria*, as the Arab Spring diffused and got co-opted, circa 2011.

Khalil begins, “’Airlift to Rebels in Syria Expands with CIA’s Help,’ screamed a New York Times headline in late March. ‘Foreign intervention!,’ screamed back supporters of the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.” He continues, “Some on the US and international left continue to cling to the idea that the regime presiding over this violence and repression is progressive—and that the uprising against it was engineered by Western governments.”

Khalil’s statement, which mocks the idea that Western imperialism is behind the Syrian war, stands in blatant contradiction to the widely-acknowledged fact that the CIA and its regional allies are arming the opposition to destabilize Syria and topple Assad. The implication that all opposition to the US war comes from “supporters of the Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad” is a slander and a political lie. It is aimed at blocking a struggle to mobilize the working class in struggle against both the Assad regime and, above all, the intervention in Syria of the most ruthless sections of American imperialism.

By ruling out such a struggle, Khalil is supporting a bloody CIA operation and, behind it, the Middle East policy of US imperialism, whose war in Syria has had devastating consequences for the Syrian people.

https://anti-imperialism.org/2013/04/16 ... -on-syria/
ckaihatsu wrote:(Again)
This European *economic* kerfuffle with its energy supplier, Russia, should not be overstated and dramatized into nostalgic 20th century 'Great Powers'-type geopoliticking.

If you're going to *insist* on politicizing this ongoing overreach of NATO, then I'll just point out that it's a redux of how the U.S. treated *Syria*, as the Arab Spring diffused and got co-opted, circa 2011.

That is what we thought as well. The foundations of the EU were laid on strategic interdependence between the age-old enemies of Germany and France with the 'Coal and Steel'-union of 1956. Germany wanted to expand this to Russia as well - make itself dependent on Russian gas and oil and Russia dependent on German money and machinery. War would simply cost too much to happen, so both sides would have to use diplomacy. This strategy is failing badly today, to say the least.

This is a return of 'Great Power' geopolitics, and what we've seen over the past decades have been wars that have been fought in proxy, civil wars or with a great power imbalance between the warring parties. Ukraine is somewhat being militarly proped up by the West at the moment, but even that is being limited to defensive rather than offensive weapons. The German government is taking major flak right now for not sending heavy weaponry. NATO countries bordering Russia and Ukraine are stockpiling heavily and Sweden and Finland are almost in the process of joining.

Complete and utter stupidity brought to us by a paranoid administration bent on bringing back former glory. We don't know what the death toll will land on in Ukraine, but given the fighting involved, it will likely overshadow any other conflict in the 21st century except the Second Congo War and violence that has persisted after that. Several thousand fascists and Nazis will be killed, fighting on both sides, but for everyone of them there will be 20-30 civilians as 'collateral damage'. And we also have the forced displacement of Ukrainian civilians to Russia, not to mention the adoption of Ukrainian children by Russian families.

That is genocide, cultural and spiritual.
Igor Antunov wrote:Image

There's no counter-argument to this logic. Please refrain from masticating gibberish objections to my grand logic and accept the inevitable. Finland is definitely next.

Of all the posts that fail to provide any info about anything, this one takes the cake. Or the grand prize.

So, just going on the title, =>

It isn't land we would be turn over to the evil Russian system.
It would be abut 44M people. And you, sir. If I had my druthers.

And, it would no more lead to "lasting peace" than giving the Sudetenland to Hitler did.
YMMV
ckaihatsu wrote:It's a murky situation altogether, as war is while it's happening -- I *like* the 'denazification' idea

I'm sure you do. But lets stop beating about the bush here. Yes it is somewhat surprising to see the 2nd SS Panzer Division rise from the grave so to speak. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who can read they symbology here. A unit that both took part in operation Typhoon and was infamous for its massacre of Orthodox Serbs in Yugoslavia. Yes by modern western democratic standards its surprising to see this unit expanded to a regiment, integrated into the Ukrainian armed forces and given or allowed to take extrajudicial policing duties.

However the responsibility for this extraordinary situation lies entirely with Vladimir Putin and Russia. if Ukraine hadn't relied on these Neo Nazi fanatics, both in 2014 and again in 2022, it would no longer be a free, independent sovereign state. Its the same way that Afghanistan had to rely on Islamic fanatics to free them from Soviet imperialist invaders. The difference being that Ukraine has managed to minimise the influence of these Neo Nazis within the Ukrainian body politique.

You're saying that Russia / Putin is playing into the NATO trap, but then why the ongoing encirclement and provocations, centred in Ukraine.

Putin is a bully, he's always going to be provoked. At some point you have to stand up to bullies. At some point you need to stand up to bullies even though you know they will interpret your actions as a provocation. Have Europeans been at fault? Yes most certainly, they've been far too timid, too unwilling to provoke Putin.
It would make *anyone* nervous, understandably.

Putin's Russia certainly makes it neighbours nervous. Ukraine, Estonia, Finland etc are not nervous about the United States or Germany invading them. The US's action in the middle East, Afghanistan or even Latin America, whether good or bad, whether the United States has been guilty of bullying in these theatres, are utterly irrelevant to this argument.
Saeko wrote:ITT: "Communists" simping for the fascist dictator of a capitalist state.

Indeed, we see it all across the forum. Fake ass so called anti-imperialists apologizing/defending/excusing dictators Putin's war crimes.

This is why they fail so hard to gain support. When things really matter, and it's time to really pick your sides, they fail every fucking time. Lots of these fucking absolute morons on these forums.

I exclude Igor from that bunch though. As I've said, he's an asshole and wears it.
Putin and Trump are bosom buddies. Both are Right-Wing dictatorship lovers. Russia wants to gain its old territories back. They want the old glory days. Make Russia Great Again with a Putin Fascist man in charge leaving his legacy of bloody murdering politics behind. Trump wanted to make America Great Again by what? We are dealing with Right-Wing fascists embedded in two powerful nations with thousands of nukes.

How is this going to be resolved? Someone selling Ukraine a lot of arms. And the Putin fascist probably either destroying Ukraine with aggressive nasty dictator mania bloodletting or take over the pipeline to the coast and secure the bucks for natural gas and oil for the dictatorship.

Meanwhile the EU has to tread lightly or the Russian fascist gets upset. It is looking grim.

1. The ones arrested were disrupting classes, bl[…]

Well one for example is that black people have da[…]

Yesterday, 25 April, on the day of Italy’s liberat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whatever he is as leader of Azerbaijan, he is righ[…]