What does "We need better messaging" mean? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Does it mean explaining how a position on issues work or does it mean pushing a message louder in more venues?

Does it mean stepping on the gas or steering?

Does it mean people don't like the message or they haven't heard it?
I think you need to be more specific as to what you are referring to. No one can answer those questions because you are deliberately being deceptive as to what you're talking about.
I know what he means.
Obama said it when he was leaving the WH after upstaging Biden in his own home. Obama was asked something like, "What do the Dems need to do to win elections?"
BTW -- he is wrong. The Dems need to deliver some real benefits to a few large groups of voters. Biden can do a lot with executive orders, but refuses to do it.
Better messaging can mean different things. It's context dependent and sits on a spectrum.

One one end it could simply mean "We need to improve how we communicate". This just means maybe you need to be more precise and clear with your words. On the other end of the spectrum it could mean "We need better propaganda." It all depends.
BlutoSays wrote:So can better messaging compensate for policies that are not well thought out or that end up doing more damage than good?

Of course, everyone does this when trying to excuse/backpedal/whatever. I'm sure you've done it with your boss. :)

Anyway, biden biden biden biden.
Rancid wrote:Of course, everyone does this when trying to excuse/backpedal/whatever. I'm sure you've done it with your boss. :)

Anyway, biden biden biden biden.

DUDE! There's no backpedal. Where do you see backpedaling?
“We got a story to tell, just got to tell it,” Obama said as he left the East Room. " - Barack Obama

“Look, I’m not going to BS. We’ve done a f—ing horrible job and sometimes I think we deserve to lose big in November,” said one Democratic strategist. “Democrats can say whatever they want but it’s not honest. " “The narrative here doesn’t exist,” the strategist added. “We need to wake up fast.” - unnamed strategist

“I’m not quite sure what the disconnect is between the accomplishments of the administration, and this Congress, and the understanding of what’s been done, and the impact it will have on the American public, and some of the polling and the ongoing hand-wringing,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

"Democratic strategist Rodell Mollineau, who served as a spokesman for the late Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), said many consultants think it’s “tone deaf” to boast about accomplishments at times of crises. "

"Mollineau said Democrats need to stop complaining that they haven’t been able to check off everything on their to-do list “and start talking about what has been done.” [Please do! The results are clear for all to see. :lol: Blutosays comment]

https://thehill.com/news/administration ... -problems/

This article crystalizes it all. I started this thread knowing this was coming. I'm not a genius; you can just see the disconnect. Believers vs. Thinkers. Democrats deserve everything they get.
pugsville wrote:Sowell made a career out of telling people what they want to hear, he should know.

Did he? One of Sewell's particularly interesting idea's is that much of so called "Black culture" is really just southern culture and that the huge cultural differences between New England and the southern colonies were themselves inherited from the different regions of England that most of their early immigrants came from. So in the south brides married at a significantly younger age and were much more likely to be already pregnant than in New England. This hardly fits with the popular Conservative memes that "Black Culture" was inherited from Africa or was caused by the nineteen sixties welfare programmes.
Igor Antunov wrote:We need to find a way to better sell disingenuous lies to garner more public support for our nefarious self serving agenda.

I gave this a like.
IMO, when Obama said that, this is exactly what he meant.

This is why I suggest that Dems actually do things for the mass of their voters for a change.

If saving democracy from fascists is worth almost anything, then it follows that doing a few good things for the mass of Americans who are not in the top 80% of earners is not too much to do to save democracy.

The top 20% will do almost a well after these few good things are done as if they are not done. But, how well will many in the top 20% do if real fascists take over the Gov.?
Steve_American wrote:
I gave this a like.
IMO, when Obama said that, this is exactly what he meant.

This is why I suggest that Dems actually do things for the mass of their voters for a change.

If saving democracy from fascists is worth almost anything, then it follows that doing a few good things for the mass of Americans who are not in the top 80% of earners is not too much to do to save democracy.

The top 20% will do almost a well after these few good things are done as if they are not done. But, how well will many in the top 20% do if real fascists take over the Gov.?

Indeed. Print baby print!
Yes, because American asshats running for president NEVER make promises they don't keep. :roll:

Incidentally, what happened to Trump replacing Obamacare?

Exactly. I think this is the caution to those tha[…]

Spoken like a true anthropologist. This is a pers[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]