Disrespect for our institutions. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I've been here in the US for lots more than a few years. I cannot recall an instance in all that time -- more than 1/3 of the time this country has been in existence -- when a document of the Supreme Court of the United States was 'leaked'.

We are becoming a nation in which 'trust' is a pejorative.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
So, it seems like an important issue but as an outsider I’m not grasping the gravity. The fact that this whole Roe vs Wade thing has been leaked brings the Judiciary into disrepute and makes it look political? Am I in the zone there?
ness31 wrote:So, it seems like an important issue but as an outsider I’m not grasping the gravity. The fact that this whole Roe vs Wade thing has been leaked brings the Judiciary into disrepute and makes it look political? Am I in the zone there?

Deliberations are not supposed to be public, because that may lead to pressures against the SCOTUS.

I don't know who did it, but this is far more important than the abortion thing.
It was probably some millennial staffer. They have zero concept of what an institution is meant to represent.
ness31 wrote:It was probably some millennial staffer. They have zero concept of what an institution is meant to represent.

Hey I'm in the age range and I'm not that stupid. I hope the leaker gets caught, there seem to be doubts about the legality of this leak (if it's legal, then Congress needs to change the law accordingly) but even if there is no legal consequence, the professional consequences will be harsh.
woopsy sorry, I shouldn’t generalize like that. It just feels like something a young wokester would do…topple a statue, topple an institution …
snapdragon wrote:It sometimes needs doing.

Sometimes yeah, but I don’t think this is one of those times. Do you?
BlutoSays wrote:Image

Thank you for sharing your screen grabbed image of a tweet that was also screen grabbed and shared with your Facebook group. You are doing the Lord's work, my brother.

Hebrews 13:16

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
My acceptance of Christ into my Heart should be an Example for Everyone. I have several Conversations with Our Lord every Day and He has Shown me that no Poster is beyond His Redemption. And Those Closest to His Heart are the RINOs, the misguided REPUBLICans, because they are going to RE PUBLIC our nation.
It’s a shame you have such a bad idea of what Christianity and Christians are like. Most are just good normal people. Lunatic fringes have a lot to answer for.
True Christian Libertarians must become the wolves who watch over the flock. Weak times need strong men like us to clock in. We are in weak times right now, and strong wolves are needed. Only when the wolves watch can weak lambs become strong men, who create heaven on earth for the lambs and the coyotes. Then we will be in the strong times and the wolves will not be needed.

Howl for Christ with me, brother.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 05 May 2022 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Flocks usually need shepherds SO…wolves not so much. I do like your use of mixed metaphors though :)
ness31 wrote:So, it seems like an important issue but as an outsider I’m not grasping the gravity. The fact that this whole Roe vs Wade thing has been leaked brings the Judiciary into disrepute and makes it look political? Am I in the zone there?

IMHO the "Supreme" Court has been relegated to a position roughly equal to that of the Department of Motor Vehicles over the past few years. Recent Republican appointees are simply doing what they promised to do in return for appointment to a position of "great respect" :lol: .
jimjam, I sense that you really dislike Republicans. I also sense that Trump has scarred you for life. Am I correct in my assumptions?
ness31 wrote:jimjam, I sense that you really dislike Republicans. I also sense that Trump has scarred you for life. Am I correct in my assumptions?

Yes you are correct...... I am a mere shadow of my former self. I now have nightmares about Republicans "privatizing" social security and Medicare and trump naked.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]