Democrats - Don't complain about Trump and insurrection anymore. This is your party today - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

late wrote:Trump lost the election, according to Republican officials.

That's crazy talk.

Overthrowing can be through fully democratical means. And considering how most of you hate him I think it's not an overstatement to say that the likes of you overthrew him.
Patrickov wrote:
Overthrowing can be through fully democratical means. And considering how most of you hate him I think it's not an overstatement to say that the likes of you overthrew him.

Overthrew a fascist who was *spitballing* -- ?

Justice Department pressured and efforts made to replace acting attorney general

The day after Attorney General William Barr said he intended to resign, Trump began to pressure his planned replacement, Jeffrey Rosen, to help him fight the election results. In particular, Trump asked Rosen to file legal briefs supporting lawsuits against the election results; to announce Justice Department investigations of alleged serious election fraud; and to appoint special prosecutors to investigate Trump's unfounded allegations of voter fraud and accusations against Dominion Voting Systems.[421] Rosen refused, as did his deputy, Richard Donoghue, as the Justice Department had already determined and announced that there was no evidence of widespread voter fraud.[40] However, Trump continued to pressure them.[421]

Despite these disagreements, Rosen became acting U.S. Attorney General on December 24 as originally planned. Trump continued to pressure Rosen, asking him to go to the Supreme Court directly to invalidate the election results, but Rosen – along with his predecessor Barr and former acting Solicitor General Jeffrey Wall – said such a case would have no basis and refused to file it.[422][423]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempts_ ... l_election
late wrote:Nope, crazy talk.

We had an election, Biden got more votes.

Why both you and @ckaihatsu think overthrowing must equal to violence baffles me. Voting someone out because he's so hated and needed to be voted out is still overthrowing to me -- I experienced this first hand in the past 3 years.

Election just provides a civilized and democratic means to do it.
Patrickov wrote:
Why both you and @ckaihatsu think overthrowing must equal to violence baffles me. Voting someone out because he's so hated and needed to be voted out is still overthrowing to me -- I experienced this first hand in the past 3 years.

Election-losing = being-overthrown.

*Metaphorically* it kinda works, I'd say run with it. Write that epic.

As soon as you expect other people to take you *seriously*, though, all bets are off.

Hey, so moving-on, what do you think the prison time should be?

= D
Patrickov wrote:

Because what we did was the legal, peaceful, and orderly transfer of power, until Jan 6.

Degrading the language like that is trying to erase the difference between the legal transfer of power that we've done for centuries, and the violent attempt Trump made to become a dictator...

Overthrow:

1) remove forcibly from power.

You have accidentally lurched into the general vi[…]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]

All of your beliefs are cliche platitudes and u[…]

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]